Universal Quest of Dungeons (by David Amador)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    So, any initial impressions?
    It doesn't matter too much. I'm buying it as soon as it launches anyway. Just curious.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Any way to just wait in place for a turn?

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Not much of a Rougelike fan, but I am enjoying this one. Not sure how much more I can explain, but reminds me of Hoplite (which I like a lot). The option to select 4 character classes is a big plus. Hope this little impression helps you Rougelike fans. I can see myself playing this pretty often like Hoplite.

4. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Instant buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

5. Raider_-z

Raider_-z New Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Knight dude is exactly the same character from red wizard sorry guys but can't back a game with no originality this game is basically a re nig move freggin lame

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Go away then. You won't be missed.

The dev has already mentioned that this game uses the same sprite pack as "that other game".

If you're just going to complain about the similarities, then by all means, please leave.

7. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Lay off the moonshine, too much of that stuff will blind you.

8. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Lots of released and upcoming games are using this texture pack. its really great art and gives indies a chance to have great art without breaking the bank. Just because the game has the same art as another else dosnt mean its anything like it.

Anyways really been waiting for this game for a while cant wait to play though! Congrats on the release as well it takes a lot to finish a game so that in itself is a great accomplishment!

9. ^DJ_Link^

^DJ_Link^ Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Programmer
    Portugal
    I answered this via twitter but saying here too for others. There's no way to waiting in place for turn right now. It's something I want to add in a future update.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It's actually a character from a free sprite pack used in many, many, maaaany games. Please reconsider your 1 star review.

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Any chance for stacking items, kinda feels stupid having bag full of keys?

12. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Amy impressions?

13. ^DJ_Link^

^DJ_Link^ Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Programmer
    Portugal
    Some items stack, others don't. Keys is probably one that should, I'll take this under consideration for a future patch.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I had a good time with this last night after I had a few initial bad runs lol but then I had an awesome run and got pretty far until I ran into a gold colored guy.

EDIT: Add me on Game Center guys so we can check scores. Amenbrother!! is the name.

15. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Some people need to actually read a thread. Better yet, maybe know a little more about mobile gaming.

That so called "sprite" is indeed copied. From a sprite "pack" that you buy the rights to. It has nothing to do with "originality". Some people aren't great artists so they buy the base sprite packs for there game. It just allows them to concentrate on coding / other mechanics instead of spending countless hours on art. It has nothing to do "copying" another game. Many games have used these sprite packs & have been amazing.

Don't give a 1* if you have no idea what your talking about.

Great game btw ^.^

16. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    What kind of loot is available? I see "Procedural weapons" are mentioned in the description - is there armor too? Are random modifiers added to weapons?

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well the little time I spent with it last night I definitely saw loot such as weapons, armor, shields, rings, necks, and other stuff. I was kind of surprised how much there was because there is also like spell tomes you can find and learn to use also.

18. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I'll admit I am a bit tired of seeing this sprite set (Oryx's stuff I believe), but then again, you have to wonder whether games like these would even see the light of day if it weren't for the availability of such an affordable set of art assets. It's all good.

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's amazing that roguelikes survived in the first place, I mean how many of them just used @ for the character anyway? No originality there... :rolleyes: