Quantum Collapse (RTS) - First ingame Video!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JavierDavalos, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Beware of FW 2.2, as it has memory leak issues.

2. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    I'd be fine with the missions beiong 30 minutes or longer (I wouldn't mind if they were an hour long honestly). There would have to be a way to save mid mission and be able to pick up and play where you left off. And maybe have check points when you pass certain points in a mission.

3. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Just see how Warfare Inc works in that respect...when we load the game it starts exactly from where we left off

4. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Yeah it seems to be a very simple minded game, Like most games on the iphone so nothing against the Stragea developers. But what i want to do with Quantum Collapse is make a real game with content and complexity as you would find on a console or PC, not a time killer for when you are bored and have nothing better to do.

So we'll see what happens, i'm certain people who like videogames will love Quantum Collapse. I'm hoping it will appeal to the average cell phone user but only time will tell. Maybe i'll include an 'easy' setting or something but i was hoping not to.

5. MyLilPWNY

MyLilPWNY Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Please look at warfare inc for all the things like save/loading because that game is like the best rts the iphone could have (not saying yours wont be good) but your game has way better graphics

6. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I'm beta testing this game so here's a little tibit of info. Everything you kill it stays there until the match is over ;)

7. MyLilPWNY

MyLilPWNY Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    wow that sounds cool seeing the corpses of your enemies for the whole battle

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Looks promising, multiplayer ftw! :)

9. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

hey, saw u in another thread about the price, what i would do is have it pretty cheap (.99-$2) for like the first couple o days, then make the price highter like $4 a few days later, a very popular marketing idea used by many, thats just what i would do, its tottaly up to u, i will probably get your game figuring i got enough $$$ after zenonia!

10. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Yes i'm still wondering about the price. it's really tricky to figure out.

I mean, i'm kind of risking my future with my game for lots of personal reasons i won't get into. And when i think about selling it for less than a hamburger i feel kind of weird.

I mean i think it's a really good game so i think 4 bucks is already very little money to charge. But you are right though, there's lots of people who won't spend more than 1 dollars or 2 on the apple store so i have to give it a lot of thought.

11. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    I think you should first do this for your pricing scheme. Let say u have some money to say be able to buy a server to host multiplayer games. first you price it like say two or three dollars. Then when you are able to incorporate and refine the multiplayer aspect of it u could then raise the price to whatever you want and javier when I just sent you my intial feedback you sent me an email asking how was the beta but I have to say it's so perfect. It was more than I hope for an rts for the idevice.

12. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Hehehe good to know that i'm not being delusional when thinking the game is really good :D. It's kind of hard to be objective about my own work :)

13. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    i think that to get far on the app store you need a marketing strategy.first of you will definately need to go around to a lot of places and tell them about your game.you will need hype for the release.do price changes that will balance between making people happy and a good profit.maybe make it cheaper of the release date so peopletry it and tell others how good it is or maybe make it expensive and if you get in the top 100 lower the price so it goes up further in the top.

sorry did i go on a bit.so ya anyway.that's what i would do.and remember getting the hype is important.

14. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Hi javier can I give TA some sneak peaks of your awesome RTS?

15. Chapperz :D

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    PLEASE DO!:eek:

16. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Yep. Pick the two things you like the most and you can comment on them. You can post a couple of screenshots if you want too. But don't do it before finishing missions 4 and 5! because you might like those missions better.

17. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    javier check ur pm

18. Chapperz :D

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    you any closer to releasing it yet?

19. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Can't wait

I can't wait for this game. Think ur beginning price should be 5 bucks. I'd definately buy it wen it comes out. Well any way I could get a test run *wink *wink *nudge *nudge.. Or any plan on a release date?

20. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Yes the game is going to release next week for sure. i'm going to make a post later with an official press release and some screenshots :)