Quantum Collapse (RTS) - First ingame Video!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JavierDavalos, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    #1 JavierDavalos, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
    --- UPDATE AT END OF POST ---

Hey guys!,

As promised here is a small video of the combat system in Quantum Collapse, it will unquestionably be the best Real Time Strategy game on the Iphone.

Sorry about the lack of sound :D i couldn't get my screen capture software to do it properly and i'd rather go back to programming than fight some crappy piece of software. So just picture this with lots of "pew pew" and you'll get the picture.

As you guys know this is work in progress, which means things will only get better :D, more weapon types, more explosions and lots more. Ohh and building collision isn't coded yet so you might see some units moving over buildings hehe, sorry its work in progress! :D

Anyway, one favor, please help me get the word out, if you have contacts with iphone websites and stuff please tell them to feel free to show the video on their sites.

Thanks!!! :D :D comments are welcome and always read.

------- UPDATE May 14 ------
    Just wanted to drop by and say the game is coming along REALLY good. like way beyond i ever expected.

I just finished coding unit abilities (each unit will have a unique ability that you can activate and has a cooldown). And also Runes

Along the storyline humans will get access to this strange technology from the aliens. They are called Runes and these are some really bad ass weapons or strategic abilities that if used wisely can change the tide of the battle in a moment.

My favourite is the Singularity, it's a black hole type of thing that absorbs towards his core all projectiles that have been fired around it. This acts as an area combat inhibitor.

I'm hoping to finish all coding by the end of the week. Then it will be polishing maps and balancing things out as i play the game. Then the Apple store!

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    This is looking good. I really like the explosions.

I fixed your video, BTW;)

3. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    LOL yeah i figured, i was trying hard to avoid being the noob to ask how to post a youtube video rofl.

4. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Looks amazing! The visuals are top, but i hope you can make it be same or better than Warfare Inc in terms of how good it plays ;)

Will it have online multiplayer???

5. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Yes it will, although its not coming with the initial release (YES i know you've heard this before) hehe.

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I'll post the vid up on our blog (laugh all you want), but I think I can stir up some genuine interest!

7. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Also I do believe there are some air units used right?

8. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    This looks... amazing! Way better than UniWar (sorry to all your UniWar fans out there) but visually, this one beats them all. There's movement, explosions, fire, chaos... the list goes on and on. Looking really nice, great work :)

9. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Thanks for all the compliments guys, i've been working so hard on this, actually not just me but my wife and father in law. they are helping me out with the graphics, Cutscene artwork and User Interface.

The only thing that worries me is that i'm such a nub at this i don't know how to get the word out about my game. I'd hate to work so hard and watch the game go unnoticed.

10. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    If you pelt people with canisters saying the name of the game and all the details, police won't arrest you.;)

11. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Yeah and they move and behave completely different than ground units since they are ruled by different physics.

They also cast a very nifty shadow that swirls around the hills and valleys of the terrain but you can hardly tell since the map is a rocky brown meteor

12. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Hi I got great news for you Javier!
    I have recieved the PM from him so yea you're going to have some coverage when this is released :)

13. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    This looks awsome! finaly a good RTS on the Ipod Touch!!:D(i liked warfare inc. but not too much) thank you so much for doin this!

14. niz554

niz554 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    looks like starcraft, and i mean that in the best way possible =)

so when can we expect to see this in the app store?

15. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Couple of weeks. Forgot where I read that though.

16. niz554

niz554 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    great cant wait!!!!

17. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    This is looking great! Are the units fully 3D? If they are, wouldn't it be possible to rotate them around 360 degrees, rather than the 8 points that you have now. Also, wouldn't you be able to rotate the camera and make the flying units go up and down. I would also like to see some sea units!

Keep up the brilliant work!

18. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Hey guys, how about you help me a little bit with development :D

I'm thinking about the tutorial. EVERYONE hates tutorials and (i hate coding them too). So i was hoping to get some ideas from you guys.

The learning curve to get the hang of Quantum Collapse is just a few minutes, although to master it and kick ass in multiplayer is a different story since i'm going to add lots of strategy options.

So about the tutorial, this is what i thought so far:

*A progressive tutorial, with this i mean don't dump all the controls to the player at once but progressively along a few missions.
    - For example in the first mission you might learn how to gather Xeron (the purple thing on the video which is the 'currency' of the game) and to build your base, then a little story twist and in the second mission learn how to build armies and destroy the enemy.
    - In the next missions the player will learn more about the game mechanics, i won't go into this just yet since it makes my game have very unique characteristics than every other RTS clone. But all these mechanics are pretty much optional to use during the single player campaign, they are more aimed towards PvP since they allow for lots of different playstyles.

What do you think?, any tutorial design suggestions?

19. niz554

niz554 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009

thats a really good idea, if you do that make sure you have a tutorial on using any units that function diff from the rest: ex. starcraft mission three taught you how to use bunkers and marines to deffend locations.....later on it taught u how to use the ghost

keep up the good work

20. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Just wanted to drop by and say the game is coming along REALLY good. like way beyond i ever expected.

I just finished coding unit abilities (each unit will have a unique ability that you can activate and has a cooldown). And also Runes

Along the storyline humans will get access to this strange technology from the aliens. They are called Runes and these are some really bad ass weapons or strategic abilities that if used wisely can change the tide of the battle in a moment.

My favourite is the Singularity, it's a black hole type of thing that absorbs towards his core all projectiles that have been fired around it. This acts as an area combat inhibitor.

I'm hoping to finish all coding by the end of the week. Then it will be polishing maps and balancing things out as i play the game. Then the Apple store!