Universal Quadropus Rampage (by Butterscotch Shenanigans)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Does the chance for double orbs mastery skill stack with the orb doubler?

2. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Oh yes it does.

3. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I'm surprised this is out today too! I've been waiting to play this since I picked up Towelfight 2. I'll be picking up the starter pack to support butterscotch bros. as well!

4. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Hey guys. I don't know if it's valid to post here, so I wanted to ask first.

Seth and I gave a talk at a local gamedev meetup - a super honest post-mortem on Towelfight 2 and how we applied those lessons to Quadropus Rampage.

We also had a good long interview about Quadropus' development and the business behind it.

Would you want links to these things here? Or is there somewhere else I can put them that everyone who is interested can check out?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's fair to post those links here, I for one would be interested. Alternatively, or in addition, you could post them in a new thread in General Games discussion part of the forum as part of a larger discussion if you think followup and comments might stray too far from QR.

6. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
  7. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    *ahem* iPad 1 as well, or are we second class citizens? :)

8. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Great game. Simple gameplay, colorful and funny enemies and a good set of upgrades.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #109 undeadcow, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    Quadropus changes colors. Is that just cosmetic or does Quadropus color reflect status condition? Is green Quadropus equal to red Quadropus; or purple, or yellow, etc etc? ...also what about when he's (?) radiant?

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    We are...
    But yes, totally crashes constantly on 1st gen making it unplayable

11. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #111 Nobunaga, Jun 15, 2013
    Seems like the colour is different if your smash is charged or not.
    Red is rage mode, I think.

Edit: just wanted to say this game is great. I'm liking the graphics, controls, power ups, etc.
    I seriously have nothing bad to say. If you have a touch 4 it'll be worth the wait. And for the haters of F2P ( I'm usually one) this game doesn't aim to constantly drain your wallet. Seems like the IAP is balanced to be pretty unnecessary. I only buy IAP for DLC and as a donation. This one will be a donation.
    Hope the game is a success.

12. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Ha! You are not. It's just that we're a 2 man studio and don't have the cash to buy one of each device that apple's produced. Hence, occasionally things explode!

Luckily we have you guys to point out when this happens. Seth is using duct-tape and gum in an attempt to fix this odd bug, and we'll keep you posted on it in here as we figure it out. We're also contacting our engine makers to see if it's a problem on their end (as we'd love to pass the blame elsewhere).

Also, Seth and I just saw Man of Steel. Holy. Freakin'. Cow. Never have I wanted to throw a train at someone. Not until today. And now forever.

13. steelsauce

steelsauce Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Love this game! I bought the doubler because I like the devs, and 95/50% piracy is just crazy. I hope this game turns a profit!
    Finally got to the final boss, it was a nail biter. I literally had less than 10 hp left, the boss had a few hundred, and then I got hit... Luckily I had picked up a revive and explode coin, so I won! Good job on the boss, I wish I could refight him. A boss only mode would be cool!
    Personally I like the bscotch hammer the way it is, the first 150 feet aren't challenging, and I just want to rocket past them to get to the fun stuff. If you need the hammer, maybe add an item to start a run deeper?
    Thanks again devs for this great game!

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    As far as I understand, there's only an option needed to switch the hammer on and off.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I know the devs wanted feedback from the people playing there game, so here some feedback for you.
    "This game is awesome, totally freaking awesome"
    "Towel fight was fantastic too"
    I love the crazy randomised weapons in finding in this.
    Congrats and thanks.

16. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #116 bigred447uk, Jun 15, 2013
    Bring Chauncy the Rabbit to IOS !

Edit : loved the story of this company. Loving this game. Everyone should buy the Starter Pack to support these guys.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Seconded!

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I've just played 1 hours, but I like it. It's awesome!

19. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Mm-hmm, just having a simple "score" number doesn't really say much at all. It'd be more in keeping with the theme to have a page crammed full of stats people could compare, both per-session and lifetime:

Lowest depth reached.
    Number of floors completely cleared.
    Number of floors skipped.
    Number of kills.
    Number of enemies killed while rampaging.
    Number of smash attacks used.
    Number of spin attacks used.
    Number of bubbles used.
    Number of times dodged.
    Highest character level reached.
    Highest HP enemy defeated.
    Highest damage done in a single attack.
    Number of unique named enemies defeated.
    Number of times you defeated Pete.
    Number of enemies knocked off ledges.
    Amount of damage taken.
    Length of time played.
    Number of orbs earned.
    Number of unique artifacts used.
    Number of unique weapons wielded.

And so forth.

20. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks for this great game. Made it to 3,070 and decided to stop since it was getting late. Here's a pic of my depth.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez9p95dd6f6dof2/Photo%20Jun%2015%2C%203%2033%2057%20AM.png

Might be nice if the difficulty ramped up faster after floor 1,000 since it was pretty easy to keep going. Also frame rate was very choppy in deep depths which is understandable since so much is going on. But would be nice if this could be optimized. I'm on a 3rd gen iPad.

Keep up the great work devs!