Universal Quadropus Rampage (by Butterscotch Shenanigans)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Jun 14, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013

Monkey read Vovin's post about their blog and why they went free ( couple of pages back) or one page back . Sad

2. ButterscotchSeth

ButterscotchSeth Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 28, 2013
    MR. PETE! That's pretty crappy. Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can try to pinpoint where the problem is. LET'S DO THIS.

3. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    LAUNCHILI!? HOW 'BOUT A LAUNCHWICH!?

But seriously, since Towelfight 2 didn't quite pan out financially we decided to hold off on our self-congratulation-via-stuffing-face-with-beans-and-meat event until later on. IN THE MEAN TIME - I would like to raise a toast with my coffee. You should probably put on this music while you read it:

THIS DAY...GENTLEMEN AND LADIES. THIS DAY WILL NOT BE THE DAY OF YOUR TRUE DEATH. TODAY YOU WILL FALL, BUT YOU WILL NOT FAIL. YOU WILL RISE, A HERO FROM THE DEEPS, AND TAKE BACK THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM YOU.

TODAY YOU WILL GRAB LIFE WITH YOUR TENTACLES, AND THEN SLAM LIFE'S STUPID FACE INTO THE ROCKS UNTIL LOTS OF ORBS COME OUT.

But seriously, reading through this thread is wonderful.

*raises coffee mug* Here's to you, you lovely beasts.

4. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    The Banish Hammer, while awesome, makes me simultaneously feel like a bigger man, a lesser man, a righteous indie dev supporting man and a cheating man.

Stop playing with my emotions, Butterscotch! I swap it out whenever I have the chance, though, so problem solved. Grabbed the 1.99 IAP for the orb doubler with no regrets. And thanks for the free 25!

5. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    1.99'ed the living hell out if this, instantly. #

6. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Evidently we made it too huge! That's what we get for trying to do something nice for our supporters, I GUESS.

Also, that hammer will become more useful in a few weeks.

7. clarence

clarence Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    looks brilliant, as usual from butterscotch shenanigans
    I'm just holding off on getting this for the moment because I use an ipad1 and previous posts have said it crashes a bunch on that :(

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #68 oooooomonkey, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    Wow it's a really sad when day when the percentage of people pirating a game that cost 69p/£1.49 is so high (upto 99% on android and 50% on iOS:eek:)
    I for one bought and loved towel fight when it came out.
    Going by those percentages does that mean that there's some sneaky pirates among us who claim to be buying games when there not really?:eek:
    Cheap skates.
    It doesn't look good for us people who buy games and want good quality games either.

9. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Indeed.

But I'm not gonna lie, obliterating your enemies with a massive sledgehammer blow in the face is supremely satisfying. It's nice to use for a floor ir two just to remind everyone who's wearing the Number One Headband. Never change, Bscotch.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ditto and loving it so far!

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

How crazy do the enemies get? I've only fought the anglers, the hammerhead, and the red enemies that shoot blue projectiles

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    How did you manage to buy it outright? I had to buy coins via IAP to then buy the doubler using coins. I'm honestly not a fan of the setup. A straight permanent IAP, I know I can restore any time. With this, can the doubler be restored at all? Since its not an IAP, iTunes won't save it. I hope they're using iCloud to store that info so I don't have to buy it again if I reinstall.

Complaining about doubler acquisition methods aside, this game is outstanding :p

13. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ok sent you pm on here also but will send email too

14. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Sorry, I should've been more clear. I did what you did-- bought the 200 doubloons and then the orb doubler.

15. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Thanks for the tips, vovin... I can play well now.. :D

16. ButterscotchSeth

Patreon Indie

Feb 28, 2013
    By the way, dudes -- if you like the game, be sure to rate it on iTunes and here on the TouchArcade thread! It'll help us out A TON.

Well, not a ton, actually.. But it'll help us out by about 73 units of helpfulness, which translates to about 815 pounds. Not too shabby.

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Fun game; I bought the $2.99 starter pack. Ban hammer does seem a bit over powered but is appreciated.

18. ButterscotchSeth

Patreon Indie

Feb 28, 2013
    YEAH... We'll probably have to nerf it a tad. It can last you till almost depth 200 sometimes. A BIT MUCH.

19. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    #79 Lost_Deputy, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    I want to spend more time in the game but I'm flat out with work. Seen the obvious love that's been poured into the game so tried to give some gooey, sticky, reciprocal love for the interim :)

Attached Files:

20. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    aaaaand .....

Be back in a week after I knock off a contract at work. Until then.....

Attached Files: