Universal Quadropus Rampage (by Butterscotch Shenanigans)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Hahahaha, Launchili? :D
    I offered them to trade in some German beer for that chili.

2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    #42 Jazzpha, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    http://www.butterscotch-shenanigans.com/2013/06/why-quadropus-rampage-is-free-to-play.html?m=1

Great read. Thanks for the recommendation, Vovin. Really makes a shocking amount of sense in a climate where F2P is almost always treated by vocal gamers like poison.

EDIT: So, I played for a bit and the game is really solid. I'm too used to Bastion's mechanics, though-- I need to get used to the dodge distance and speed in this game.

Also, if I could change one thing, it would be cutting down on the gaps in the middle of the floors. The detection for falling through them is incredibly unforgiving, and can lead to cheap deaths when movement precision takes a backseat to staying alive amidst a horde of enemies.

Maybe I just need to not suck as much, but it's just frustrating.

3. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Wont play on ipod touch 4G!!!

I hope the developers are on here looking at these reviews because this game will start up but wont play on the ipod 4G..it keeps crashes when I begin to play! :( Please can you fix this game!
    Towelfight 2 worked perfectly fine on ipod touch 4g but this game wont play at all! :confused:
    Please can you work on fixing this soon as I wish to give game a go and then give it a proper rating on app store
    thanks

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #44 Vovin, Jun 14, 2013

Thx, mate.

The Butterscotchies are listening, btw.
    Contact them via Twitter or per mail with your suggestion. I've also fallen a few times in the heat of the battle. ;)
    I just pointed them to your post.

Oh, and I just want to point at two things from their blog, which are the most important statements:

Source:
    http://www.butterscotch-shenanigans.com/2013/06/why-quadropus-rampage-is-free-to-play.html?m=1

Somehow, after reading this, I felt a bit ashamed for being an iOS gamer.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    95% piracy rate on Android motherf!

6. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah, that's obscene. And much obliged for the referral, Vovin!

7. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Enjoying this game so much... My only problem is that my left hand seems too short, a bit difficult to use the joystick, not because of the control but cause my fingers is too short >o< , so a bit hard for my thumb using the joystick on iPad and it's also make my hand easy to tired.. :eek:

I hope I can change the position of the control... :)

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #48 Vovin, Jun 14, 2013

You can, man. It's super-customizable.

You can not only select between large and normal or small buttons, you can also choose between THREE different joystick types. A fixed joystick; a joystick that starts at a certain position and follows you around, but snaps back into place after release and a floating joystick, that appears whereever you tap on the left half of the screen. The third, floating option would be best for ya.

To access these controls, start a game, press "Menu" and voila! :)

edit: lol, I just found "Asthmatic Scissors of Salami"...

9. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Switching to a floating joystick should make movement a lot more precise; I'll check it out.

Also, I think part of it is me being so used to using ranged weapons in Bastion, all the time for everything. Switching back into melee combat just feels weird hahaha. Definitely a skill I need to re-acquire!

10. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I love towelfight 2, haven't finished it yet because it's a fleshed out game that requires some effort to complete, and I love going back to it to blow some critters to smithereens.

After reading the developer's problems with piracy, (seriously, pirating from a small developer?) I now RAISE MY TAPPING THUMB IN RIGHTOUS ANGER. I will download this, and buy as much IAP as I can with the 2 dollars credit I've got left. Also, I'm pretty excited because I'm pretty sure the game will rock too :-D

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I like the fact that if you support the devs with an IAP, you are rewarded with your character coming pre-equipped with the Banish Hammer on top of whatever currency purchased.

12. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Getting more comfortable with the game's rhythm, and it's really starting to impress even more than it did at first glance.

And once I unlock the Unbalanced mastery, it doesn't seem like it'll be too hard to avoid falling off ledges and gaps. Maybe the gap placement was balanced around that?

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #53 Vovin, Jun 14, 2013

Eh, a little advice: after entering a new depth, quickly do an ink-dodge or rush to the largest save area without gaps, stay in the middle, then let them come for ya. That's much safer and also protects from being pushed over the edge by one of those bloody hammerhead sharks.
    I also told them that the game misses "Mind the gap"-signs... ;)

That's what they said:

14. ButterscotchSeth

ButterscotchSeth Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 28, 2013
    Hello, TOUCHERS OF THE ARCADE!

If you're having trouble with the gaps, my biggest tip would be to embrace the dodge. Get in bed with it. Make dodge babies. Something something... Dodge Ram.

15. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Yessir, I am very quickly becoming the best of friends with the dodge. Works wonders. Might even invite it to my wedding; who knows.

Also I didn't know the bubble block was a tap-to-activate thing you could then move around with, until I tried it a couple times. Definitely much nicer than a stationary block.

And this game, much like your post and Towelfight 2, is hilarious. Thanks for having senses of humor, and great ones at that!

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Happy now? ;) :D

17. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013

Ha ha yes, I want some Launchili AND some German beer. My son was just all around Germany and I haven't seen him since he got back but he bettter of brought me some good German beer! Or at least a glass or stein ;)

Beer and chili sounds like a recipe for gastrointestinal upset lol

Anyways enjoying the hell out of the game, I love these guys artwork and weird monsters .

18. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Ecstatic. :D

Another thing to keep in mind I've noticed: don't get so caught up in beating things to death with your weapon of choice that you forget about smashing. It's a great way to get out of a tight spot if things're crazy.

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I don't get this:confused: how and why is this free and not a paid for game?
    Brilliant game though butterscotch have done it again.

20. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Dodge babies lol Mitt Romney ?? Whoops that would be AMC baby my bad