Quadropus Rampage by Butterscotch Shenanigans

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by awp69, Jun 6, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    While unfortunately delayed for iOS, it's out on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bscotch.towelfight2&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5ic2NvdGNoLnRvd2VsZmlnaHQyIl0.

Only played a bit, but it's a blast. Very fun endless beat 'em up where you navigate levels to get to the furthest depths of the ocean. Cool variety of weapons and enemies, leveling up and boss battles. It's also absolutely hilarious.

Free with IAPs for currencies to advance quicker with items and upgrades. Unnecessary to play, but I know I'll fork out something to support these fantastic devs.

I have experienced some crashes on my Nexus 7, which may be why the iOS version is delayed. Hope they can put out an update for the Android version to help with the issue as well.

2. ButterscotchSeth

ButterscotchSeth Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 28, 2013
    awp69!

Yo! Seth from Butterscotch here. We're definitely aware of those crashes (PAINFULLY AWARE... OW), though they are slippery as hell. They seem to be a problem with the engine itself (Game Maker Studio), and not with anything we have control over, so we're going back and forth with the programming team at YoYoGames trying to get them to squirt out a patch that'll solve the problem. It definitely seems to happen more frequently on lower-end devices, which indicates that it's crashing due to something getting clogged in the memory pipes. We're still trying to pin down where it's coming from.

Hopefully it doesn't destroy your enjoyment of the game!

3. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    will it be free for ios too when released? i hope so

4. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    It will! Hopefully it'll be up by noonish. We'll keep you guys updated.

And the main villain's name is pete...COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

5. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    lol..pete isnt a villainous name, should be called Mysticpete ;p maybe later in an update we can get to play on the villain side in a campaign mode?
    story of good and evil

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the response! Not sure if I'd consider the Nexus 7 a lower end device (although with the Tegra 4s coming out, it won't be in the top tier much longer). But glad you're looking into the issue.

The game is really fantastic overall. One thing I noticed is I played without WiFi and didn't get any crashes. Didn't seem like an online issue but just thought I'd mention that.

7. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    I would also suspect the google play service. I even crashed when purchasing some orbs, but thankfully when I reloaded the game was smart enough to notice the transaction and give me the orbs I had paid for.

I've seen some wonkiness when signing in that caused some of my crashes. Otherwise the game runs fantastically and is a ton of fun to play.