Universal QB - a cube's tale (by Stephan Goebel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Stephan_Goebel, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah that’s me I am only a few steps away from brilliant ha ha just kidding.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Roger & Stephan,

Roger, like you, I was able to solve level 50 in 27 moves. However, I am trying to backtrack to figure out what the intended solution is that uses exactly 41 moves. I found one "reasonable" solution that uses all of the totems and special tiles which uses 39 moves. Obviously, I can easily add 2 redundant moves to meet par, but I am trying to find a truly distinct solution that does not have any obvious redundant moves that uses exactly 41 moves.

Do you know it? Stephan, can you chime in also?

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I also got 39 moves, don’t know how else to do it, maybe Stephan made a counting mistake or something, that could happened.

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, Roger. Most interested to see Stephan's thoughts on this level.

5. Stephan_Goebel

Stephan_Goebel Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    You guys are so cool. I love to see how you play my game. And you are absolutely right. My solution for Level 50 is 39 steps, not 41. I remember that I changed the level to fix a shortcut. Not enough I think :D I would like to see your under par solution.

fyi: I will change the 3 star condition to 39 in the upcoming update. At the moment i won't change the conditions to any under par solution found by users. In my opinion it's part of the game to find these solutions. I am so excited to see other ones.

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #46 y2kmp3, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    [12-Mar-2018] Finished game. Solved all 70 levels with 3 stars. 9 underpar solutions. Very enjoyable puzzlers. Novel spins of some other familiar mechanics.

Stephan,

Thanks for the confirmation. I am glad to know that my suspicion about the anomalous par value is correct.

I am pleasantly surprised by how clever some of the levels are. Though I found quite a few underpar solutions, in all other cases (so far; I have yet to finish the game) I was able to find a solution meeting par for each of those levels. It is quite interesting to see the true "intended" solution paths so to understand your "original" idea you envisioned for the solutions for those levels.

7. james.miller

james.miller Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Dropout!
    Ohio
    Looks interesting!

8. Stephan_Goebel

Dec 11, 2017
    It's Update Time!

Hey guys,

there is a new update for QB. 10 fresh new level with a "new" cube. Combined with the rest of the cube family the levels will challenge you! I promise.... ok, you are pros... maybe a little bit. Anyway, i hope you have fun :D

All the best to you,
    and please leave a review in the store. That would be awesome.

Cheers,
    Stephan

9. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    any plans to release on steam?

10. Stephan_Goebel

Dec 11, 2017
    I would love to bring QB to Steam, but at the moment the income from mobile is way to low to be worthwhile to do such a great effort.

11. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    i grabbed your game both on ios and android because it's that good. i wish you all the success in the world.

12. Stephan_Goebel

Dec 11, 2017
    That's awesome, thank you!

13. Stephan_Goebel

Dec 11, 2017
    #53 Stephan_Goebel, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Hey guys,

it's update time again. Version 1.3.1 brings the brand new Challenge Mode. You get a bunch of random levels which you have to solve with only 1 try. So leave your comfort zone and enter the challenge in 4 stages with 4 difficulties. But beware, you have to collect 190 stars before you can see the entrance.

As always, please rate and review my game in the store and here at TouchArcade. That would help me a lot!

And now, good luck to you! You will need it :D

All the Best,
    Stephan

14. Stephan_Goebel

Dec 11, 2017
  15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Very late to this party, but I just discovered this puzzler and it is brilliant. Just a buck right now, too!

16. Stephan_Goebel

Dec 11, 2017
    Hi everybody,

big changes incoming. From now on QB is a freemium app. After 4 years as a lovely premium app I had to change the monetization model. Now you can download and play the first 20 levels for free. For all of you who bought the premium version: If it not happen automatically, you can restore your premium status in the settings menu.

All the best to you,
    Stephan