[Pwong Blitz] - Launch Event! (Prize: iPad3, $10 itunes gift card) - iPhone game(Univ

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by HOTDOGSTUDIO, Sep 13, 2012.

1. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #101 taz_79, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    iTunes Store takes about 4-6 hours for the new count to be added to our votes. By the way I did make the complain today, immediately after knowing the results ... yesterday night was still 20 Sept when I took the photo using my iPhone.

I advance about 20 votes when you complained agleung and Joaquin Ran (it is impossible for Joaquin Ran and agleung to cheat, since it is impossible to get a lot of votes if it came from fake account like you said in one day)

Last time dreadnok also pm me when he doubt about your votes ... I told him nothing since actually I almost had the same votes as you do at that time about 30 votes... just sharing getting votes if possible if you bring your macbook everywhere. Anywhere you find people with iOS device, just ask their permission to vote for us... I did that to some of my friends when we hang out...in my country you can find people with iOS device every 10 meters (in shopping mall)

Anyway congrats to you osmothesis (Creepy_Ghost), I think the Dev had decided and won't consider fair or not fair anymore ...

2. o0smoothies0o

o0smoothies0o Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    The photo shows a clear 119, you said this morning '100+' you would have given an exact amount had you known, which means you were just getting feedback this morning and still are now, well after the contest ended. Also that picture was probably taken earlier today. There is no evidence suggesting it was taken last night, only evidence against it.

3. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    #103 o0smoothies0o, Sep 21, 2012
    He dug himself a grave with this photo. Look closely at the picture, you can clearly see the mouse curser over 'Thanks for your feedback.' This is not possible if it was your account, and your review you clicked on. You get a message pop up saying 'You cannot vote for a review you have written' (I attached a screenshot of my trying this just a moment ago with the review I wrote). So clearly you were making Apple IDs and voting for yourself, and you took this picture at the wrong time. Hahaha. Literally posted proof that you were exploiting the competition. I wouldn't trust you in any competition again.

Attached Files:

4. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #104 taz_79, Sep 21, 2012
    C'mon don't always think negative about people...therefore I said I bring my macbook everywhere to get votes since last week... since this contest is not as easy as getting like from Facebook, you have to use PC ...

Last time I also doubt about how you get your vote, why you always doubt when people suddenly get a lot of votes in one day, since it is impossible to do that if you use fake account, right? But after some explanation from you, how you approach your friends via FB and bla bla bla. I quite admire you guys, since I did the same approach, but I made a little competition in a forum for people who votes me and if I win the iPad, I will choose randomly one of them to win $10 iTunes GC.

People doubt someone to do something, if they do that too to other people...

Ok you've already won, just accept it. I don't want to find enemy from this contest. This contest is supposed to be fun, this forum is fun. I just ask the Dev (HOTDOGSTUDIO) if they are quite fair how they made the decision objectively knowing this fact. Just that.

Congrats

5. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    I'm sorry, the screenshot is conclusive evidence you were exploiting the contest.

6. USMCRANGER11

USMCRANGER11 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Dude, stop instigating people have been cheating, it turns out that you blame all of those who are right behind you, as well as those who beat you, I took My sis MacBook Air to college and while waiting for class I would ask people if they had an iTunes account, then let them log in from the MacBook and vote.
    Weird how you would still get votes in the 3-8AM, thought most people would be sleeping. lol

7. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    That is possible but look at the screenshot he posted. He took a picture of his PC he said, and it says 'Thanks for your feedback'. The evidence is clear, yes he could have taken a picture right after someone else voted for him, right in front of him, but it is highly unlikely.

8. USMCRANGER11

Jul 18, 2011
    Just as unlikely as you say it is, it is very likely... People did various strategies, just because they didn't do what ever you did, doesn't mean they straight went to create fake accounts

9. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #109 taz_79, Sep 21, 2012
    Fair enough...by the way I live in the country which is 12 hours advance than you guys in the US. If in US 20 Sept, mine 21 Sept... <sorry for my bad English> .... yeah c'mon keep going... there will be more contest in the forum OK ... be positive!

Next time we should be clear and detail with the Dev, about the criteria of the contest ... I just think the Dev forget to mention this contest is for US Store only ... but open for worldwide reviewers who has US Account.

Admire you USMCRANGER11 ... with this popularity contest, sometimes we have to put away our dignity asking for votes ... next time it is better for me to choose a contest with random winner criteria ...

10. USMCRANGER11

Jul 18, 2011
    My reply wasn't aimed at you, sorry if you thought it was.
    Read page one replies, he mentions that it is worldwide when asked if the iPad draw was worldwide. :eek:

11. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    #111 o0smoothies0o, Sep 21, 2012
    Of course not, but his picture shows evidence that he could have done that, and more than likely did. Not only that but to initially post your review in the US store, and then switch to a store so no one in the competition could see how many positive feedback you get (while you still see theirs) is simply a cheap move, and one that should have you removed from the competition in and of itself (although, admittedly it was a smart idea). Add to the fact that it is unknown when exactly the picture was taken, most likely long after the contest ended given his admission of '100+' positive feedback this morning, not knowing how many exactly, even tho he said the picture was taken last night, meaning not only did he not know how many positive feedback he had this morning, he took the picture earlier today, thus the number on the picture is void.

It's over tho, no point arguing about this.

12. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #112 taz_79, Sep 21, 2012
    I want to said the exact number (not 100+), but I said 100+ in order for you not too feel beaten or unsecure like now ... c'mon you've already won my friend, just wait for your new iPad and enjoy your weekend. Today actually is my big day if you see my FB, when I know I did not win this contest I was quite shock at first...but decided not too be moody ... since my happiness is not decided by winning this contest or not ... I have family, daughter, and of course this iOS 6 update to be downloaded and a lot of things to do ... so just move on ....

I suppose to have my iPhone 5 tomorrow, but I cancel it...damn to nano sim card, I cannot use the iPhone 5 until the Telecommunication company here orders it.

Like dreadnok said, this thread is beginning like STAR WARS...hahaha...like playing Pwong Blitz with words and suspicions... I should get the red stone, so I can return all the balls ...

13. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    It's all good :)

14. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    time to sleep, it's 12 am now ...

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Wow oOsmoothiesOo... you just sound more and more desperate as you speak. There was no rule in the contest saying that he must share his review in this thread. He only had to send a PM or an e-mail to HOTDOGSTUDIO.

This thread is just a shame for TA...

16. USMCRANGER11

Jul 18, 2011
    Agree.

17. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah, desperately trying to silence someone who posted picture evidence of them exploiting the contest, whom was trying to convince them they had won instead of me. Sorry but anyone would do the same. I never said there was a rule about that, I said it is ridiculous. You would say the same if you had won, if someone was able to see everyone's positive feedback count, but no one see theirs. Of course perception changes depending on whether you won or not.

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Id just say that taz_79 chose better tactics. And he could have easily taken the screenshot from someone elses account or computer.

19. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Not if you won you wouldn't. It's okay tho. And he could have, but that is the extremely unlikely possibility. Be realistic. Maybe you like taz_79, it's cool. Anyway, let's all be friends!

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Says a guy after 15 rage posts...