[Pwong Blitz] - Launch Event! (Prize: iPad3, $10 itunes gift card) - iPhone game(Univ

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by HOTDOGSTUDIO, Sep 13, 2012.

1. HOTDOGSTUDIO

HOTDOGSTUDIO Well-Known Member

Thank you for join Ratings Event.

Hi :)
    Thank you for join Ratings Event. Your Riview was very helpful. all of you:)

But I'm sorry. I can't give gift to everyone.
    'iPad' was presented objectively! 'the best top review' is..........

[​IMG]

congratulations!!! :)

and '$10 iTunes Gift Card', we took a vote(hotdog people, It was fair.:), please check the below.
    [​IMG]

I'm going to send a PM to the 11 prize winner on monday.

Anyway, I'm sorry for confused. (The next event will not proceed like this.:()
    We ask for your continued support for Pwong Blitz.:)

Thank you so much!

2. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Congrats o0smoothies0o :)
    Having so many friends always pays off.

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    congrats to the winner!

4. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #84 taz_79, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    By the way how do you define a winner? I thought it is based on number of votes ... I saw Creepy_Ghost got 91 votes ...

If you see mine on Indonesia store please check I got 100+ votes ...

My effort gathering friends from FB and macclub forum from Indonesia is it counted? I thought it is open worldwide since you asked the store country...last time I did PM, since I cannot fight in the US Store country, I don't have many friends from US

Just wondering...anyway win $10 GC

Thanks for the contest

5. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Congrats to the winner , great contest by HotDogStudio thanks guys I cany wait to see what you do next

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Btw o0smoothies0o my huge gang of friends that voted for me have marked you for destruction so watch out all 11 of them are coming for ya :D

Once more I settle for being the bridesmaid instead of becoming the bride :(:(

7. o0smoothies0o

o0smoothies0o Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Thank you so much!

8. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Congrats to all winners!
    Thanks to Hotdog studio for the competition!

Special congrats to the creepy ghost 00smoothies00 for pulling of some seriously smooth moves :) and a special mention to dreadnok for having the best gang of friends ever ....your day will come :)

9. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Haha okay thanks!

10. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks! and thank you Rokrdude!

11. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Promised my little 12 year old nephew my old iPad since I won :)

12. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #92 taz_79, Sep 21, 2012
    I feel so stupid, since i thought this contest is about getting the most votes. But the votes on my country store never counted in the iTunes overall review, only from US Store counted, I feel a little bit discouraged after so much effort and time asking people one by one through social network and forums. I also held a little contest in one forum in order to ask people to vote for me.

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    But they said it was an international contest, so it shouldnt matter in which AppStore you reviewed.

Anyway... thanks for the 10$ Gift code - ill sure spend it well :)

14. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Yesterday night I took a pics of my votes (got 119 votes).

[​IMG]

15. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #95 foxmulderino, Sep 21, 2012
    how did u post the screenshot?

16. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    #96 o0smoothies0o, Sep 21, 2012
    First of all, completely different store, others wouldn't have known you were even in the contest, let alone your number of positive feedback, which means no one would have tried harder to share with more friends (if there was no tally showing number of votes then no one would have an idea of what they need to share to win).

Also, if you are telling the truth about last night (which I highly doubt) because you just said early this morning that you had 100+ which means you had positive reviews awaiting arrival to be seen in the actual store, so you just guessed that it was over 100, not knowing the actual amount, meaning you could have had all of those come in well after the contest ended which was yesterday I think.

I also stopped asking friends, and posting to my facebook etc. yesterday after having a comfortable lead I was confident about. Not knowing you were even in the contest, tho you knew the US contest numbers, and were not viewable to anyone taking part in the contest.

17. USMCRANGER11

USMCRANGER11 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Woah!

Dang, you won this contest fair and square big a HUGE lead!
    You trying sending the Dev a PM...

18. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    #98 o0smoothies0o, Sep 21, 2012
    No, he got those well after it ended. I could go and share more on facebook and the like, and get 150 in a few days. It was over, he kept going tho. And there is nothing fair about reviewing in a totally different store so your positive count isn't seen to the contestants, as you can see the review was left on Sept. 15th, ergo he decided strategically to review in a store with no other reviews allowing him to be unseen by the competition, leaving no motivation for the others to compete.

19. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #99 taz_79, Sep 21, 2012
    I said earlier, since I don't have many friends from US, therefore I cannot have a chance to win the iPad in US Store, therefore i change country using different ID on my own country, I did PM the HOTDOG guy..., keep silent is one of my strategy .... I also check all the store worldwide that sells Pwong Blitz, hoping that someone using the same strategy as I am ... but found none, therefore I keep silent till the end, while seeing someone quarrel in this forum before.... the counting is not I decided, I think the store that put it there ... I also stop asking friends knowing I have about 20 more votes than any of you in the US Store, since I put it in the forum making a little competition, some people still votes...my votes today I think 128 votes ...

I have tried to contact the Dev, but got no reply since the beginning of the contest ...

Since the winner is chosen, I can accept my lose, but need some explanation why I cannot win after following the rules ... so next time I won't make the same mistakes ... although I doubt there will be this kind of contest in the future....

20. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    You just admitted to everything I said basically. You purposefully chose to switch to a country outside of the US so your review could not be seen, and thus no one in the competition could know of your positive feedback count to know if they needed to get more friends to join, faster. Also, you had known exactly how many positive feedback everyone else had because you had been checking. On top of the fact that you most likely did not even have as many as I had when the contest ended. You just said you have been gaining more positive feedback as the day goes on, sorry but you can't win a contest after it is over. This morning you didn't have any idea how many you had, which is why you just said 'i have 100+', because there is a several hour period before they appear after your friend gives you a 'Yes' vote.

The only participants that should have counted were the ones that knew how many positive feedback their competitors had, anyone would agree to this.