Universal Puzzling Peaks EXE (by AppSir / Darius Immanuel Guerrero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DariusGuerrero, Dec 1, 2020.

1. BENCOMO

BENCOMO Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 29, 2018
    Darius - been playing your game for about an hour now.
    It rocks dude. Such a fun game to play.
    Very challenging as well!

2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    By the way, a little PSA haha

if you own Puzzling Peaks EXE, please don't forget to give it a review on the App Store too.

Thank you so much!​

3. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Aww thanks! What level did you get to in an hour? I'm trying to figure out the playtime of the game haha. It seems to vary wildly from person to person.

4. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I just remembered one particular level after I accidentally turned platform the right way

DariusGuerrero likes this.
  5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #25 orangecan, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Well this is a bit tasty, I’m enjoying every minute of this. I’ve been stumped on occasion but never frustrated. Feels like a bit of a timeless iOS classic to me.

6. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #26 DariusGuerrero, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Thank you! I really hope it becomes a classic. Just needs more people to get their hands on this so it actually becomes one. Hopefully.

If you have the time, please also review the game on the App Store. It could really help. Thank you so much!

7. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #27 DariusGuerrero, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Thank you so much, everyone, for the support and overwhelmingly positive response to Puzzling Peaks EXE. We got featured in the New Games We Love in Southeast Asian countries! Wish it was worldwide, but I am still very grateful.

[​IMG]

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  8. Gotters

Gotters Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2016
    really like this having nearly bounced off it immediately as I thought the controls were swipe to spin the platforms, not touch and hold on each side.

play all games on phone on silent so no clue what the story is but the controls feel like there is something there you have to practice with to get better, you'll suddenly bounce the ball round a level as intended and it feels great, then you'll totally fluke the next one and not know how.

pretty good game and glad I didn't insta delete.

9. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Thank you so much for giving this a chance! I'm glad you liked it!

I'm kinda curious though, what did you mean by swipe to spin the platforms? I can't visualize how it would be like

10. Gotters

Oct 27, 2016
    I thought the spinning of platforms was possible at different speeds depending on how fast you swiped in a direction (which would have been awful) - so was trying to make them spin faster by swiping harder up or down !

Like I say I never have sound on for games and don't recall on screen text explaining how the controls worked.

11. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Haha! I get it now. Yeah. Would have been awful if that was the gameplay. Did intrigue though.

Thanks for the feedback on the text too. It does appear on level 1. Maybe should be more obvious and a few seconds longer whenever this game gets updated. Thanks again

Gotters likes this.
  12. BENCOMO

BENCOMO Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 29, 2018
    Amazing game! About two hours in length. It's more than what it seems. Gave me good laughs and that fake ending got me. Didn't expect the twists too. Well, twists are expected since this is an AppSir game but it really was well done

13. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Thanj you so much for the review! Twist endings occuring have become so expected in the games that maybe one day in a future game the biggest twist would be no twist at all. Haha

14. Gotters

Oct 27, 2016
    I'm up to level 95 and this is definitely one of my favourite games this year - gets quite tough when the blue reversed control platforms come in but never got stuck for too long.

Any plans for more levels or additional content ?

15. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    One of your fave games this year is one of the best things to hear as a game developer! THANK YOU!

To be honest, we have no plans for additional levels yet because the ending is so definitive. We have to think of something lore-wise for the puzzles to happen again . Still, we're glad you appreciated the game.

Sorry for the late response, at what part of the game are you on right now?

Gotters likes this.
  16. Gotters

Oct 27, 2016
    I'm up to lvl 99

Appreciate the reply, more than got my monies worth and not sure where the expectation of endless content for phone games costing £2 came from !

17. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    my theory is that some game devs release games with fewer levels than there were supposed to or have already finished creating, because the promise of more "free" content coming in the future is alluring haha. when in reality it's a marketing scheme. just a theory by the way!

so close to the end now! please tell me when you finish it haha because
    i had one user who thought it was over, and i had to clarify that he had to stay a while longer and not close the game yet. so i'm worried if this is what usually happens when people play this game, or this just happened to this one user.[/SPOILER ]

Gotters likes this.
  18. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer

To everyone that played Puzzling Peaks EXE as their first time experiencing a game from us, welcome to the AppSir Games Universe!

Puzzling Peaks EXE is just one of a series of standalone games with intertwined stories.

AppSir has been building its interconnected universe through video game releases like DERE EVIL EXE, HopBound, and Puzzling Peaks EXE since 2017.

More games to come.

ColeDaddy and Anotherkellydown like this.
  19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I have a general games folder for most of my games. However, I have a singular folder labeled "AppSir" that captures your entire stable of games. Keep up the great work!

20. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    That warms my heart, @ColeDaddy! And thank you for the immediate pre-order upon announcing this game. Your trust in me to release quality games is very important to me. More to come, and I promise never to disappoint :)

ColeDaddy likes this.