Universal Puzzlewood Quests Premium (by Downcast Systems LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by elmogallen, Jan 9, 2016.

1. elmogallen

elmogallen Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Sneak peek of a new game type that will be in the next Puzzlewood Quests update (release date TBD):

[​IMG]

It's essentially a *quick* version of Hangman. It's still a work in progress, but it feels like it fits well with the rest of the game already.

Non-native English speakers, I know, I know. I'll be adding more games over time that don't require English. I'll also increase the number of games you can turn off (via the Orb of Nope) every time I release a new game type.

For me, though, it's one of my favorites now...

Dave

2. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    I just posted some more promo codes over here. :)

Dave

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I just went through a few rounds. This is a very clever game-the equations are easy, but the way you put them together...You have to think fast and do math...which is my worst subject! But this makes the brain work faster. However, I decided to spend my skill point on intellect...hmmm.

Nice job!

4. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    This game is great... I like the premise and the story, the humor, and the game mechanics. I hope to see new games to add variety because it gets a little tiring after a while, but it's ideal for short sessions. And I should add that the developer is a really good guy!!

5. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
  6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    This looks great! Looking forward to seeing it in an update. The only game type I'm turned off thus far is the Maze, but I really love the variety and quality of all the other game types. I think this new one will fit in great!

7. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    The new puzzle type looks great! Looking fwd to trying it.

8. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    Puzzlewood Quests 3.0.4 has just been released on iOS! It should be available everywhere within the next 24 hours. It's got the new game type -- Missing Letters. I hope you enjoy it!

Dave

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    great news Dave... thanks for the update!

10. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Just picked it up and I like the concept quite a lot. As someone else mentioned the puzzles are pretty easy at the start, but the idea of the game is unique. As long as they continue to progress in difficulty the game is definitely a keeper for me. Puzzle games are my favorite genre, and RPGs are close behind....

11. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    I'm working on a couple of new game types for Puzzlewood, but I need to explain something real quick if you folks will indulge me. ;-)

Early on in Puzzlewood's development, I specifically shied away from game types that *required* color, so that the game would be colorblind friendly. This cut out a lot of different games, but, hey, I wanted to support the colorblind (and still do).

I didn't have the Orb of Nope back then.

Now, I want to add a few of those games, but I still want to support my colorblind friends, so, in the next release, I'm going to give everyone the Orb of Nope immediately for free. This way, if you are colorblind, you can just turn off a game if it doesn't work out well for you. I hope everyone finds this an acceptable solution!

Thanks,
    Dave

12. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    That's really thougtful! However how about simply having an option under settings to disable all the puzzles that are not fit for the colorblind?

13. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    I just might do that.

14. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Hi there :)
    Does this game get more difficult??

15. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    Yes, World 1 is easy, and it gets progressively harder as it goes along in several ways. The enemies have more hit points, they hit harder, and there is less time on the clock. Of course, all those can be offset by upping your strength, defense, and intellect.

The puzzles themselves usually have at least 3 difficulty levels, and sometimes more than that.

As an example, with Word Scramble, it is like this:

Worlds 1,2,7: Easy (4 letters)
    Worlds 3,4,5,8: Medium (5 letters)
    Worlds 6,9: Hard (6 letters)

The games all have their own difficulty paths, so another game might get harder immediately on World 2, and after the first world, some games start doing percentages where 50% of the time it might be easy, and 50% of the time it might be medium difficulty.

Dave

16. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    Ahh great :)!!
    Its such a great game! My gf loves it aswell!!

Are there any news on the game also :)? Future updates?

17. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    Thank you!

As for updates, I would like to add new game types, items, and characters, but Puzzlewood has not been as successful as I'd hoped. I had big plans for future updates, but it's hard to justify spending any more time on it at the moment. I have to work, unfortunately, on things that will make money.

I know TouchArcade is mostly iOS focused, but I just wanted to mention that it was very disheartening to see how popular Puzzlewood was on the illegal Android .apk sites. There have been far more downloads across those sites than anywhere else, and of course, that doesn't support the game's development at all.

Dave

18. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    In fact, I just dropped the price to $.99, and here are 20 iOS promo codes for anyone who wants to try the game.

W3HHMK6F9X7P
    9WM33KAKRYR9
    67AWL3TWMYMN
    HNEMEP3Y9APF
    9994AARJH7XK
    3PWRAYXTKHWF
    44EKJX6HN474
    F7L647HAR7HT
    RP7TL4R4MPTX
    36XALFA6F4NT
    PJRMF9R637YY
    YPMKP6K3FMFJ
    ELYWL6TTTLLY
    AFPJ64REFH3X
    KTYXERN4KER9
    9TTTFEP49KTN
    RRHHTYWKERWL
    K3E637KMAXRN
    94T4KFLJFMPY
    XH3TY9NK4AA7

Have fun!
    Dave

19. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    ;-/ sorry 2 hear :-/

20. tex32

tex32 Active Member

May 9, 2013
    Used promo code 94T4KFLJFMPY. Great game so far...thank you!