Universal Puzzlewood Quests Premium (by Downcast Systems LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by elmogallen, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
  2. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Easily the best $2 spent. Well worth the cost. Now if we can just get TA to review it!!

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Seems interesting but my back log of games has grown to large and as I have gotten older I unfortunately vow don't have as much time to play. Since I have a lot of business trips ahead I might pick this up before my next one to actually enjoy on my fkight... I'll decide how far I've gotten with my backlog before the next couple of business trips!

Congrats!!!!

4. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Looks like a really great game. Not sure how this slipped by me upon original release, tho I much prefer this new premium model ...love premium games, puzzlers especially!
    I hope this game receives the visibility and support it deserves, I'm buying right after this review and encourage others to support premium developers :)

5. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    The only issue I have found is with the item that blocks games (orb of nope) I can set it up to block 3 but never 4. No matter how many times I try, the fourth game appears.

6. elmogallen

elmogallen Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Yep, I have an update (3.0.3) waiting for review in the App Store that will fix that issue and actually allow Lilian and Askeladen to turn off up to 5 games. It was another lingering issue related to moving from freemium to premium, as the old game added the ability to turn off *4* games only after the purchase of Puzzle Pack #1.

3.0.3 will also add 3 new jigsaw puzzles and fix the "rate app" dialog so it points to the correct url.

Thanks for playing!
    Dave

7. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    Now that several of you have the game and have played it a bit, what new game types would you like to see?

8. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    Puzzlewood Quests Premium version 3.0.3 is now finally available on Android *and* iOS.

Quick summary of changes in 3.0.3:
    - Fixed issue with Orb of Nope not remembering the last game type you turned off
    - Increased number of games you can turn off from 4 to 5
    - Fixed "rate app" dialog so it points to the premium version
    - Added 3 new jigsaw puzzles

I'll be posting some new promo codes over in this other thread shortly to celebrate the release of the update.

Thanks,
    Dave

9. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I'm always "out of position" whenever you post a new batch of codes. :)

I'll probably bite the bullet and actually BUY the game (gasp!) soon. I've heard enough positive things that it sounds like it should be worth it, and it may be interesting to see what my nephews think of it.

10. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    The developer has been more than generous on promo codes. Just buy the app. It is well worth it!

11. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Yeah, you're right. I spent my "less than a cup of coffee" and picked it up.

Heck, "It's dangerous to go alone ... but you have no choice because the lazy developer couldn't fit multiplayer into the game" was practically worth the price of admission. :)

12. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    I'm really happy you guys are enjoying the game. I had fun writing the conversations with the old man. If you like those, you may want to check out my Old Man wisdom generator: http://oldmanwisdomgenerator.com

You can make your own Old Man wisdom and share it with the world.

Thanks,
    Dave

13. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010

And are u doing well with this game :)?

14. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    If you'd asked me two weeks ago, I would have said no. After this premium release things are going much better, though. :)

Thanks,
    Dave

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    your game is really great, pal... i'm playing it for hours!

16. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    This game is addicting... before i knew i was 2 hours into it...
    Nicely executed!!

17. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Happy to see this thread peaked back into the hot games thread. Picking it up now as I was a tad reluctant before and forgot to bookmark it previously as well.

18. elmogallen

Jan 9, 2016
    Thank you for the comments. I've been really happy with the response I've been getting lately, and I'm a bit proud that the game is in the Hot Games list, especially sitting alongside great games like Venture Kid and Punch Club. I keep hoping for a TouchArcade review...

Here are the latest reviews:

Thanks for playing!
    Dave Haynes
    @downcastsystems

19. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010

I hope so 2 :) otherwise i will have to bump this thread every morning #

20. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    You guy(s) surely deserve a review! It's tough for them I know. But also the Hot Games list is a bigger deal for hardcore gamers like myself and others I'm fairly sure. Reviews are so nice though. Like a permanent existence of your hard work. Keep it up!