PuzzleQuest: Galactrix *New Game*

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by VoodooVyper, Mar 1, 2009.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Before I get anyone excited, this game is not for the iPhone/Touch.
    At least not that I know of (which is the reason I'm making this thread.
    For those of you that play PuzzleQuest, you know how awesome it is. Well a new PuzzleQuest was just released on PC/DS/PS3/360.

Here are some screenshots of the PC version:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anybody know if this game is being ported to the iPhone?
    I imagine it would do quite well considering the success of the current PuzzleQuest.

2. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I haven''t heard yes or no as to whether it will be ported.. hopefully PQ is doing well on the iPhone and they'll have incentive to port Galactrix over..

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Galactrix doesn't suit me. I am more of a fan of the medieval magic rpg, but space battles is pretty creep.

4. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    Obviously there are no announcements yet on a port and I doubt the creators would go on this thread and make the announcement here :) But with that being said, I do think it's kind of inevitable that this game will eventually be ported to the iphone. A fun casual game with rpg like elements is a win/win situation for most people :)

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    If they did do a port, there'd have to be a major graphic change. I could barely read the text on my computer. I can only imagine the idevice version.

6. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    How is it obvious? I haven't heard one thing about, but that doesn't mean everyone else didn't. Is there a hidden message on every screenshot saying "no announcement yet for a port"? No no, that wouldn't make sense, it has to be obvious, not hidden. Silly me.

But what is obvious is that they aren't coming to this thread, and I'm very well aware of that. Who in their right mind would post a thread with such intentions of trying to gather the attention of the game developer?

If you read my original post, you'd see that I asked if "anyone" knew if this game would be ported. Go post your assblabbery elsewhere please.

7. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I have it on DS but the graphics are quite small/grainy/bad -- I don't like it as much as Puzzle Quest so far (which I LOVE). That said, I'd still spend ~$10-15 to have it on my iDevice.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It's not likely that it will come out anytime soon

So far reports on the DS version say that loading time is a major issue. It's about 5 secs before a fight, after a fight, status screen, and quest screens. Considering those screens make up about... 98% of the game it seems that time adds up in a big way.

Plus we haven't even got all of the first Puzzle Quest (and the font still isn't readable, I don't care who says different)

9. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Wrong forum, mate. This is for Iphone and Ipod Touch Games, not other consoles.

10. Diggity Dan

Diggity Dan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ninja (..no really I swear)
    [480] :: AZ
    I'm sure sooner or later this will make it's way to the iDevices :D
    Let's just hope they do a better job at porting it then they did originally with Puzzle Quest..

11. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    I am a HUGE fan of PQ ---got in on the PSP(AWESOME) ---the PC ---AWESOME ---the xbox ---harder to play ---the WII (SUX) and the DS (a total waste of time) ---- thanks to the update I am almost 1/3 throught the game that I beat on the PSP -

Galactrix does not do it for me ---- I played the online demo for quite some time --- the game is there but there seems to be something lacking in it.....mabey not enough "spells" or something --- I will get the DS version to see if I like it but I am not so sure that is will be ported to the iPhone. It kind of seems thrown together like the first port of the Iphone PQ. It would be nice to get it on the iPhone at the same time as all the other consoles ---would that not be nice ---to see an XBOX, PC , PSP and iPhone release of a game --but not gunna happen yet with this one. :p

12. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Why is it so hard for those of you who say this type of stuff to actually read the original post? I clearly stated that I'm well aware it's not for the iPhone... Shall I make it 48 point font, christ it's already bold. This thread was created in order to gather fans of the series that may know a bit about this title, and maybe know if it'd be coming to the iDevice.

13. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Too late. You got me excited with the thread title. :(

14. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I personally have no problem with this thread in particular.

But using your logic, I can make a thread in this forum about what my brother's friend's sister's cousin should name her soon-to-be baby boy, as long as I state that I'm aware it has nothing to with the iPhone in the original post.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Sure your topic is more related to this forum than mine would be, but where exactly should that line be drawn? How far over the line can you go before someone should take notice?

Also, you shouldn't assume that they didn't read the first post. I read the first post and it crossed my mind to comment about the same thing earlier. I wasn't going to say anything until you made that sarcastic and childish remark about 48 point font.

Perhaps if you knew beforehand you were going against the forum rules and knew it would cause trouble (you did make it a point to bold the text after all), then perhaps you should have posted this elsewhere?

Why is it so hard for those of you who know better to post things in the proper forum and actually read the rules?

</rant>

15. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #

Hopefully not! Coming out later, the devs have a chance to iron out the bugs and maybe fix some unfortunate features, too. Now, I have become a major PQ fan due to the iversion of it, but I'd prefer to wait and get an improved product from the get go. Will buy Galatrix ASAP if it ever comes to the iTouch, of course.

16. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

YES. The loading time is another major gripe for me. I don't understand why it's so bad.

17. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    I got it for the DS and I have to say it sux... I absolutely love Puzzle Quest --- it is fast and fun ----

Galactix blows ---the speed of play is mindnumbing --- I thought that the crappy online demo game was really just slow due to being a flash game ----nope ---seems the slowness is part of the game. Its as if the device has to crunch what is going to happen after you do it ----seems like severly unoptomized code. I will take the plunge and get the PC version but I might be pissed off if it is as slow.

If it is made to be this slow I hope it does not get ported to the iPhone.

It makes me really sad to say that. :(