PuzzleManiak Replacement?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mashuto, Jul 30, 2012.

1. mashuto

mashuto Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I recently upgraded to the new retina iPad and discovered that one of my all time favorite apps, PuzzleManiak HD now runs so slowly that it is unusable. It appears as though the app is dead and the developer is nowhere to be found as the last update was a year ago.

So, I am looking for a new puzzle game to keep me occupied. I really liked the fact that there were multiple different types of puzzles in puzzlemaniak (esp. bridges, lights out, slant, and pattern) and I really liked the fact that the puzzles were always randomly generated, so it gave me a nice opportunity to play for scores (time).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Blockwick
    The Hacker
    Quell
    Cubis Creatures
    Amazing Breaker HD

These are all games i thoroughly enjoyed and easily recommended if they fit your taste.

If you're into rpg's as well you oughta give Puzzle Quest a look. Not updated for retina but it's my personal favourite game of all times.

3. mashuto

mashuto Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I appreciate the suggestions, and I checked them out, but not quite what I was looking for. Thanks though

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Do you have the SD version? I know it'd be ugly at 2x but if it runs faster...

(I've got both, but have an iPad 2 and it works fine on that.)

Otherwise... let the dev know, I'm sure he'd be interested in seeing your logs. He's on TA as well, but I've forgotten his username.