Universal Puzzle Siege (By MoonshineGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tinklife, Dec 15, 2015.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #21 aconfusedkender, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    've also wondered the same thing and also what designates if I bring in archers or wizards or knights? is it just a mish-mash everytime? Also what the hell is constitution ??/sec stat? I've hit the barrier of my resolve for today.

I made it to 754m!! but still couldn't beat the damn Hammer Fort or Magi Fort hahaha. It looks like maybe 1000m is the end? Not sure if anyone can confirm getting farter than either of the 750m bosses. They ate my lunch when I got to them. Also is there only the 3 soldiers and 3 heros? or is more unlocked after you beat the 750 boss.

EDIT: so I looked at the GC achievements and it looks like that is it for the selection of heros and troops but there is a LOOOOONG way to go story mode wise. I hope that there is a waypoint or checkpoint to where you don't have to start at 0 everytime because when it gets to the 750-1000m mark it might call for some long ass games but that might be ok if your folks can just crush through people. My soldiers all cost 24 ore for each upgrade and I'm still getting crushed lol I love it!

Thanks and again fantastik time bandit! I've been loving it over any other new game that has come out, I even put down Hearthstone for more than 5 minutes! That's saying something there!!!! :eek:

2. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #22 aconfusedkender, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    On the Show Map tab you have Firely Temple, I think you might mean Fiery Temple...
    In the hero tab you have S.Park description as Deal areal damage, supposed to be area damage
    In the menu you have Archievement, maybe it is intentional, if not it's Achievements
    In the opening texts you have Mayer, supposed to be Mayor
    Also in opening you have "We may make a route to original home. It's time to show your excellence"
    try this? "Let's fight our way back home! It's time to show your excellence." (I don't know just a shot at it)

Also I found that if you don't manually log into GameCenter then you miss out on the achievements that you should've gotten like unlocking heros or soldiers.

3. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Bump for some attention

4. tinklife

tinklife Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Game Designer
    Seoul, South Korea
    #24 tinklife, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    I'm working on fixing misspelled English expressions and first time UX enhancement.

How about this approach as an in-game Tutorial?

Thanks to everyone playing Puzzle Siege, and I hope to receive some advices from you. :D:D

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    That new tutorial idea looks good I think - it's very clear what each type of match does if they are shown step by step like that.

6. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    tutorial looks nice :)

i'd like to know how i can choose which path i will take - it seems i'm always going the bottom route through magi fort.

my best so far is 966m :D

7. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I just wanna give this game the credit it deserves. I've obsessively been playing this game for weeks now. It's extremely fun and addicting and has saved me many hours of boredom at work. Easy to play one handed. Just great overall. So far I've got to 1000 but died. I hope this game gets expanded.

8. tinklife

tinklife Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Game Designer
    Seoul, South Korea
    v1.1 Update for App Store

Thanks. I made some more changes and v1.1 has better tutorial.

It currently takes random path with same ratio.
    There was some suggestions about map-point functions,
    and I'm thinking about it.

Thanks. I hope it could get more attentions too.

And, thanks to everybody.
    Puzzle Siege v1.1 for iOS is now Available.

Changes
    • Game Center related bug fixed.
    • Difficulty slightly decreased.
    • Added Game Information Page.
    • Tutorial UX Enhanced.
    • Background / Block Color Changed.
    • Fixed some typos.
    • Fixed other minor bugs.
    • Support Russian Language.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Grabbing now!

10. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Fun game...+1

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Not really sure what I am doing but...

12. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    It's quite addictive. I've only progressed beyond 1000 a couple of times (1000 is usually my end point), but I don't regret buying the double income iap. Totally worth it.

13. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Welp! I might be the only one still playing this. It takes up my commute, 1.5 hours a day and time flies while my brain sort of go into auto mode. My record now is 1709, but I transferred focus from one hero to another. All upgrades are 100-130 now so progress is slow.

Hoping for new content or something. :)

14. kuluman

kuluman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Amsterdam
    I've finally finished it, I have breached the Last Portal and live happily ever after! Have been playing on and off and I really liked it actually. It has some interesting mechanics.

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Can someone give me a quick tip on what I am supposed to be matching most of the time?

16. kuluman

kuluman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Amsterdam
    I always tried to have as many soldiers on the battlefield as possible. That was usually enough to make some progress and to upgrade my hero and soldiers, but it was very slow going. I didn't mind though because I liked the mechanics.

It wasn't until recently that I realized that those "demon dogs" which appear when there are no more moves actually give you upgrades during each battle so then I changed my strategy.

Actually I managed to beat the game by "exploiting" this: I tried to empty the playing field as fast as I could, not even paying attention to whether I was making any combinations or not. Just frantically tapping away in order to get the demon dog as fast as possible. The only thing I made sure of was to have at least a small army on the battlefield. Then, at times when there wasn't much action going on, I "released" those Demon Dogs and would get the upgrades. After about 7 or 8 times I started playing more carefully, maintaining as big an army as possible.

My hero is the Mage (at levels 75-70-70) and my soldiers are all at level 70, but I might have beaten the game earlier with this strategy. Hope this helps.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks man!