Universal Puzzle Quest 2 - by Namco

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The wait times has become longer as I've got further into the game. At first I didn't really notice the tiny load delays, but around L40 I started to see longer delays. Still only 5 - 10secs. Not minutes. On an iPad 1.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not an answer - sorry, but longish loading screens on iPad 1 but no bugs and graphics are just great. I don't think the loading screens on iPad 2 will be that much shorter - in my experience, unfortunately loading screens are not much different regardless of processor speeds.

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Much faster than on previous devices. No big complaints here

4. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I can only speak for the pre-update version (I'm out of space) but it's quite speedy and the most annoying bug is the options being reset with every new game.

5. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

It ran fine for me on iPad 1 so it of course run fine on the iPad 2. Wasn't noticeably faster but I haven't tried this new patch yet.

6. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I know this is off topic but is it aginst the rules to have a thread about a universal app in each section (both iPhone and iPad?).

Sorry for being off topic.

7. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    There's no forum section for universal apps, so we end up with one thread under iPhone / iPod and another under iPad.

We also get threads under Upcoming for iPhone / iPod and another for Upcoming iPad.

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Is Level 50 the max you can get?

My health = 358 and have 1 quest left about the green Dragon
    is that the last quest? I can't beat him with 1100 points
    I'm about to give up on him.

9. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    It gets slower later in game still, also i experienced hangs of game few times. If its worth mentioning (playing on ipad 2). I hope it get fixed.

10. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    I beat the green dragon with my assassin at level 44. Just make sure you keep the correct color gems away from him and lots of poisons if you are an assassin.

11. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Which is better if I'm going to play only one game all the way through, Puzzle Quest HD or Puzzle Quest 2?

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Tough question - they both have their pros and cons. Pretty long list too, or o would do it. PQ 2 seems more refined, although I personally
    Iked the forging of items in PQ1. The warp system in PQ2 keeps the trudging down. Probably PQ2 would be the more enjoyable experience, but they are both good - its like Porterhouse vs TBone - there is a lot of personal preference, but in the end, they are both pretty darn good.

13. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    new iPad issues?

Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with this running on a new iPad ("3"), iOS 5.1 obviously?

It seems some of the touch-able areas of the combat screen no longer work, for example I can't bring up info on enemy spells, or any info about the enemy at all. The central pane (the game board) still functions, but elsewhere seems really spotty.

Anyone know how to contact Namco to ask if an update might be forthcoming?

(Apologies if this is no longer the "active" thread since the freemium version is now available...)

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Finally an ios 8 update! I've actually never played this and it never worked on the new devices. Now I can buy it and see what all the fuss was about :)

Looks like system requirements for it are at least ios 7 now.

15. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Icyhn, this game is randomly working again in iOS 11, despite its last update being 2 years ago.