iPad Puzzle Prism updated

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Scott30, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Finally this game gets a update, its already one of my favorite games on the app store easily and one of the most underrated games as well.

There is a lite version to try it for yourself if you haven't already.

Update includes -

- New game modes have been added
    - A feature to enter a player's name in the global high score ranking system has been added

No clue what the new modes are yet haven't tried it out yet.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297248418&mt=8

2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Great, I've been waiting for an update. It's one of the best puzzle games around, and I still love the funky music.

3. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I think the new mode is Timed Attack, from the lite version.

This game is good. Honestly, it's pretty shallow of a game, but it's very "addictive", and I love the retro theme music. EA ruined Tetris by giving it "modern" music; Prism gets it right.

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Surprisingly, the Timed Mode was from the lite version but not in the original full version.

5. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    This is one of my everyday games. Actually, the only one. I suggested leaderboard names a long time ago to the developer and glad to see it...

But i still can't believe that there is no resume game feature. How hard is that to do?

6. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Ya thats unfortunate indeed. I think these devs are really missing the boat on this game its really fun and addictive but its been out quite awhile now and finally an update but still doesn't address a few key issues like that.

Too bad the devs don't visit the forums for useful feedback cause this game could've sold a lot more if they did things right.

7. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    Looks like Puzzle Prism drops its price again

8. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Yeah, just tried the lite and I got the full version because I think it's pretty fun :D

9. Even after the update still think I like monospace better.

10. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    you can really compare monospace (logic puzzle) to puzzle prism (3d strange arcade tetris)? :)

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 14, 2009
    TouchArcade monkey.
    Sacramento, CA
    I really love this game, and was glad I picked it up for the $2 sale. Had it sniped for quite some time. And while this game is fun, I feel like it's really missing something. :confused: The base gameplay is there, and it's a really unique take on the block stacking game, but I don't find myself playing it for more than a few minutes at a time. I love the simplicity of the game mechanics, it has pretty cool graphics, and great sound. There's just nothing that is THAT gripping about it, and save for trying to get high scores, there's nothing that makes me want to keep playing this over and over. I wish that they would update the game with SOMETHING, but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen. :( Ah well, here's to hoping for a more fleshed out game in a sequel.

13. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I've got to agree with this. I bought it for its full original price, which was something like $4 or $5. I don't regret it. It's a fun game. But it's pretty shallow. It's one of those games you can just sort of zone out of while playing. It's not "gripping" or really that engaging, but I do think it's a good amount of fun.

One thing I noticed, and I'm not sure if this is by design or an oversight, but some of the pieces will never fit in order to make a perfect layer. What I mean is that there are some odd shaped pieces (maybe an L shape with a block attached to one of the L-legs) that look like they could perfectly fit into a double layer gap, but rotating will never put it in the right position -- it's like the opposite of the piece I'm looking for. It's hard to explain... but because of this, the game always seems a little unsatisfying.

14. Yea your right I can't really compare the two. Just saying Puzzle Prism has "puzzle" in its title so was thinking more like puzzle than tetris. I got a promo for it (unsolicitied) and was thinking it might be ok if price was ever lowered but after playing it more and more just doesn't do it for me. It did have some success in the Japan appstore though as the developer is Japanese.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 14, 2009
    TouchArcade monkey.
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmmm, an update for this game just came out: