Puzzle genre is under censorship on TA

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by brainsolid, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya right. I believe all you say here including this next one...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Definitely not a shill huh

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #22 Vovin, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010

If this isn't a shill, then I've never seen a shill before.

And it is even more sad that this stupid employee was also bashing on another developers game, calling it crap. That's just disgusting and you just lost the last of my respect.

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    That "crap" game has a 4 star average from 34 ratings. Chuck Gnome

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #24 Vovin, Aug 17, 2010
    I just noticed that brainsolid became very silent.

And as I stated before: why should Touch Arcade put any game or genre under censorship? If the game isn't reviewed by the staff, a forum members comes up with a review in the most times.

So, TA would be very stupid to do this censorship and it wouldn't make any sense. Every game developer is a potential advertising space buyer.

P.S.: I just checked the featured puzzle games of the last two months. There were more indie puzzle features than games from big companies.
    But, yeah - it is easy to pick out just the big ones.

Also, I know that arn, Eli, INSM, VeganTNT and other mods or admins have quite a bunch of puzzle games they love and play, from indie games to games from big companies.

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    "Censorship" my @ss, what a load of crap. Stop crying wolf when it's clear nothing of the sort is going on here. Reviewers review games they want to review, and there's nothing wrong with that, even if what you're saying were true about puzzle games getting little attention (which is totally false). If this privately owned website chooses not to review your game, then deal with it, don't come on the forum spewing this bull.

It's a shame...if your game really were any good then it would certainly get the attention it deserves here in the forums. As it is, I'll never support your company when there are so many hard working, honest and generous indie devs making great games. Even for free I'll never download The Screetch, Color Lines, or anything else you put out.

6. brainsolid

brainsolid Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
  7. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    #27 KGameLover1, Aug 17, 2010
    Chuzzle and Frenzic are definitely not "underrated and missed games". Everyone and their mother has played these.
    Stop being a douche.
    I have no idea why you haven't been perma-banned yet.

8. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Wow. You're ridiculous. Thats all you found in last one + year? Seems like TA didnt miss much then. Also I dont see anything even remotely interesting in yumsters, flippin, chuzzle, frenzic, HEX, Qwing.

Also I'm pretty sure I can make a bigger list of action, adventure games which didnt get reviewed by TA but has good impressions in the forums. And I wont even need to go back almost 2 years, just a couple of months will be enough to beat your list.

So I'm not really sure what is it that you arent understanding here. Puzzler or non puzzler, if TA reviewers like the game it'll be featured, if they dont, it wont be. Thats about it. Your conspiracy theory is baseless and nothing more than getting some attention to your own game (and you might not know but the plan backfired for you the moment you made the first post here.)

9. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    So what? It only means other similar and better games have been covered. You don't expect them to cover every single puzzle game out there do you? Chuzzle is too famous to need a review, Frenzic is too old (got a mention in the Ramp Champ review as a great iPhone app), yours is not great. Not only you can't take a non-review, your staff shills and even attacks games by other devs. Poor argument, low integrity.

10. brainsolid

Jun 29, 2010
    All that I write in this thread are very polite. But now you start offencing me.

About Chuzzle and Frenzic — yes, they are missed for TouchArcade readers, because TA don't reviewed even these definitely hits.

11. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Oh he certainly got my attention. As the dev I'll never ever support.

12. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Agree with all of that except I thought Chuzzle and Frenzic were pretty fun.
    Seriously, man, brainsolid, LEAVE.

13. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    You offended me and all the TA members with your shills. You have no respect left from us anymore.
    Definitely generic you mean

14. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Brainsolid, your brain needs to be cleaned out a little for some logical thinking. I'm sure there are LOADS games out there that are not puzzle games which don't get a TA review and thought that they are good enough to warrant one. Regardless of genre, your game doesn't stand out enough for a front page review. Face it.

15. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I can speak for all of TA when I say this is true.

16. brainsolid

Jun 29, 2010
  17. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
  18. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Oh my. More generic clones.

19. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    If this continues every dual stick shooter out there will demand a front page review because some of them got reviewed.

20. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #40 Mew2468, Aug 17, 2010