iPad Puzzle Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tiagobuhr, Mar 1, 2009.

1. tiagobuhr

tiagobuhr Active Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Please... stop doing puzzle games, i CANT stand it anymore... From 10 games, like 7 are puzzle games, create some new games, with different concepts... I almost throw up when i see another puzzle game...

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Welcome to the forums but... This thread is ridiculous. Some dev isn't going to look here and be like, "Wow! A junior member doesn't want devs to make anymore puzzle games, I better stop production of the one I'm working on." I feel like puzzle games are a great genre for the iPhone, personally, but that's my opinion. You have your own opinion, and I don't feel like it was necessary for you to start a whole new thread to state it...

3. aerolord

aerolord Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    No. Puzzle game might not appeal to you while it might appeal to others. Beside, you can choose not to buy it.

4. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Just wow...

I think as long as we don't get 'iFart Puzzle Battle' and 'Wobble Bubble' we're good...

5. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    hmmmm.....'Wobble Bubble' sounds like a sure fire winner ! :)

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    tiagobuhr Please... stop doing puzzle games, i CANT stand it anymore... From 10 games, like 7 are puzzle games, create some new games, with different concepts... I almost throw up when i see another puzzle game...

Then stop playing them.........eh!

7. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    It's not that only that he doesn't want to play it. Same reason why I'm annoyed of puzzle games on the iPhone. It's because they flood the AppStore. Nowadays, Highly polished puzzlers aren't even worth looking at.

8. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i love puzzle games.

9. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    If I want action or racing games I turn on my 360 or PS3 instead of trying to play cheap clones with virtual sticks on a mini-screen. Puzzle & strategic games are great and really work with the touchscreen.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #10 Coldar, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    Forerunnerz It's not that only that he doesn't want to play it. Same reason why I'm annoyed of puzzle games on the iPhone. It's because they flood the AppStore. Nowadays, Highly polished puzzlers aren't even worth looking at.

I GET what he meant. Apparently you didn't get what I meant. Anyway, your right in regards that you shouldn't even look at games if not interested. Although you'd find many other people think they are of great worth. People need to realize that we all have to put up with others likes and dislikes of games and to post something like this is ridiculous because of that. Why are you annoyed?........simply don't clik on them and you'll be just fine. I'm sure others think just the same of your preference of games and simply are mature enough to realize this and don't post comments like this one.
    Bothers me to see people constantly down these games. And obviously there are more of them because people LIKE them.
    And as I said before about puzzles and word games........keep em' coming!

Note: And with the title saying 'Puzzle Games' expect a lot of flak from people.

11. zakster

zakster Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I totally agree with Coldar, word games are awesome.

But if you don't like them go to a different categorie, Instead of making a useless thread.

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Problem is we get the same lame type of puzzle games over and over again. :(

13. ChrisJefferson

ChrisJefferson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Wow, I was just polishing up the new 250 level update to Combination. However, seeing as tiagobuhr doesn't want it, I'd better switch it to a fart app, ASAP!

14. tiagobuhr

tiagobuhr Active Member

Feb 8, 2009
    #14 tiagobuhr, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009

Exactly. You`re excited to refresh TA to see a review of a new game !!! And turns out, it`s another from the 198237198741985719 puzzle games.

15. Duael

Duael Member

Feb 28, 2009
    3D Graphics, Environment Lighting
    Washington State
    Better puzzles

I totally agree. That why I designed and developed a different style of puzzle game, called RO, that tiagobuhr probably wont like.

We hope that players will agree with reviews like the one we got at, http://www.appcraver.com/ro/
    where Michael Alexander states "one of the most innovative apps I’ve come across in the App Store. It’s the “easy to learn, but a life time to master” kind of puzzle game."

Duael
    Developer of RO

16. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
    I love puzzle games and just because there is a lot of chaff out there doesn't mean the whole lot should be condemned. Surely the same must apply to other genres? I don't like shooting / td / racing games but I don't start a thread moaning about them! :(

17. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    don't puzzle games generally have more replay value? games like hero of sparta, spore (what a waste of money) and rolando i played once and will probably never go back again

18. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I love puzzle games and, as Selina said, there are other types of games I really don't like. I don't, however, complain about apps that others might like. If you don't like something, don't buy it, OK? Some opinions don't need to be voiced.

19. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I just wanted to say I love tangerines :D

20. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    In some of my free time I thought of a game, and my brother agreed to help with it. Yes, its a puzzle game, but the reason I want to make it is because it will be unique and a healthy contribution to the games of the iphone/ipod touch. True, I am getting sick of the billionth sudoku or match-3. But grouping all puzzle games together is ridiculous. If you don't like them, fine, to each his own, but many people also hate tds, racers, action, or whatever you like. The problem, if any, is the lack of unique, creative games - of all genres. And because the puzzle genre is the largest, it is most evident there.