Puzzle Games About Optimization?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sweetdiss, Jan 10, 2019.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    The past few months I've been obsessed with the game Opus Magnum on Steam. It's a Zachtronics game where you build a contraption to complete a goal, but then optimize it to make it as fast/small/cheap as possible. Optimizing for speed, in particular, is insanely addicting.

Apparently, SpaceChem used to be on the iPad (a similar, but older, Zachtronics game), but I no longer have an iPad and I don't think the game is available anymore anyway.

The closest thing I've found on iOS that is currently available is [the Sequence], which seems very similar to Opus Magnum and SpaceChem but is unfortunately not very open-ended so you can't make a solution and then optimize it over and over like in Zachtronics' stuff.

Are there any other games on the AppStore that fill this very specific niche?

2. PuzzleGamesFan

PuzzleGamesFan New Member

Dec 11, 2020
    Good question. I did not find anything. The Sequence 1 and 2 is obviously a must but other than these game, I don't know. Any update?