iPad Puzzle game: Smart Ball

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by snow_mani, Dec 8, 2008.

1. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I picked up a new puzzle game last week. Puzzle Ball currently has 300 levels and I've found the first few to be challenging. The goal in each level is to collect all the blue balls. You move the orange ball around the playing board using the arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen. When you move over a "grid" square it disappears. Be careful as you move around the screen because the balls will react to gravity and fall down any gaps you create. The "gravity" that the balls react to is not the accelometer (sp?) though, it is the gravity from the top of the screen. So they will fall from the top to the bottom. (I like this as I can play when lying down)

Gameplay isn't perfect and can use some improvements. For example, there is no undo button. And to reset the game I worked out you touch the L button and then select the level and then touch the L button again to return to the game. But these are minor issues. I've found it a good puzzler to play for a few minutes at a time. And so far it has been challenging enough to hold my interest.

Here's a link to the game: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293270736&mt=8

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Funny... my goal is always to get rid of the blue balls!

Great review, Thank you for your time AND providing the link to the App store.. Looks like a great logic game, and I haven't seen a video, but the graphics look attractive enough. This may very well be my next $0.99 purchase.. Has anyone else tried this game out?

3. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Their website has a video

Before I purchased this app I used moopf's wonderful app store review scraper and saw in one review that they had a demo of how to solve level 3.

Here's the link to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaYw0bcZqxg

This gives a good idea of the gameplay.

4. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA

Sounds interesting.
    Trying to find a video on the game...
    BTW, how do you find and paste a link off the itunes app on here?

5. MaskU2See

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    LOL. Perfect timing.
    Thanx

6. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #6 snow_mani, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
    Linking to iTunes apps

In iTunes right click on the apps icon and select "Copy iTunes Store URL". Then paste what you have copied into your post. :)

7. MaskU2See

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Thank you.
    I appreciate it.

-Rob

8. MaskU2See

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Would be cool if you can touch the orange ball and guide it, instead of the arrows.

9. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Haha, I can't believe it, this is made by the "I am rich" guy.
    :D

10. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I didn't realise the same guy made this app as the I am Rich one!

Good thing this didn't cost me $999 or whatever it was. Only AUS$1.19 (or US 99 cents).

If it's the same guy then maybe he has learned his lesson and should have called this app the "I am Poor"?!

11. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    I can't believe he sold 8 copies! The guy is my hero :p
    He should make another one called: Hero of AppStore - the guy who went where no one else dared, this time it could be a glowing pic of his face