Universal Puzzle Forge 2 (by Tuesday Quest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by toptrops, Dec 16, 2014.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, I've done that so many times. Ruined many a run with that when I need that final iron piece to make a gold block and then... disaster. I've gotten used to it now though. Also, feel free to shoot me a friend invite on GC if you're interested in comparing scores.

2. Fuzzyaardvark

Fuzzyaardvark Active Member

Dec 24, 2011
    UK
    Stumbled across this thread last night, and I am so glad I did.

I am really enjoying this game a lot. I have only played for three hours so far, and if I am honest I am pretty rubbish at it, but I am still having a blast.

A really polished, fun game that I hope gets noticed by more people.

3. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I beat the game, after which it loops around in a higher difficulty. Loved every moment of it, and did most of it without using many big items. My most used were iron ore, molds, some powders, some low level gems, the magazine and one big spell for the final boss. Otherwise all my stock of big spells and resources is still sitting as is. I was level 15 when I beat it, with two skill points still unallocated. The base difficulty absolutely does not have any pay wall.

And I have yet to meet two of the NPCs, hope to see them at some point!

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Just gave this a go and was thoroughly enjoying it until I stopped playing and picked it up again to find my game hasn't saved. Tried it 3 times now with the same result..... Is it a bug or do I have to pay for an unlock?? I'm using an air 2 latest iOS

Thanks in advance

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I have experienced no issues with the save system, at the worst it misses a turn if I force close the app. Just to be sure, if you lost a game by losing all your hearts then you will have to start over. That is by design. You don't need to pay anything to unlock any features.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I have only played two different times and after coming back to the game nothing was saved. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nope I didn't lose a game - I played until day 3 got my first gem upgrade waited till the next day started and then quit the game. Picked it up later to find I was starting again at the beginning. Tried 4 times now with the same result

8. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    You should send a mail to the dev in that case. That would be the easiest way to figure this out.

9. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Ik damn

10. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I just had the same glitch, cost me the game. Frustrating.

11. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    It also happened to me, but I was able to fix it by forcing close the game and running it again (it saves your current game progress).

Awesome puzzle game btw, very original! I also downloaded the picross game from the same dev and it's great too!

12. bababewey

Jun 8, 2012
    I can't believe how fun this game is. I played it for about 30 minutes yesterday and thought it was pretty good but deleted it. I kept thinking about it and downloaded it again. I've been playing it at work all day and so glad that I gave it another chance.

13. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Ore pistol upgrade?

Guys, would you recommend upgrading the Ore Pistol?

It seems to me that randomly getting a higher grade ore could be troublesome if I'm in the middle of arranging ores for fusing. Or am I overthinking this?

Also, creating everything from bronze ores makes my brain hurt sometimes, BUT I get the chance to create highly enchanted items if I manage to pass a lot of ores thru the enchant block (my best is a gold twin blades with 22 enchant points :cool:).

So, how is your experience with the ore pistol upgrade?

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I haven't the upgraded the ore pistol at all. The proc rate is too low and it can cause serious problems if you're in the habit of tapping quickly. I usually need an iron piece here and there when creating gold or crystal ingots, and it would nice to be able to use an iron ingot directly from the pistol but not knowing when that piece is coming, especially at that low rate, is just not worth it.

Going from bronze all the way to gold or crystal is easy if you can map it out clearly in your head. Work your way down from the highest level and move two steps away to get to a lower class of ore. If you keep that in mind you will start forging gold weapons with great ease. And yeah, passing through as many magic slots as possible is important, especially in the late game. When forging crystal weapons you can easily get a 90+ enchant on the item. I just crafted a crystal shield with 109 enchant and because it turned out be fire element I got +327 attack on it. It had more than double the attack of my netherium mace!

15. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks a lot for the advice! I figured the random ores would be more of a hassle than help.

I am getting better at creating gold ingots (where I want them :)) and I like the sense of progress and improvement. Will try some crystal ingots next!

So I guess I'm spending my unused skill stones to expand my weapons rack. Thanks again!

16. bababewey

Jun 8, 2012
    After playing this for a few days, it's definitely my puzzle GOTY.

17. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Mine too! One of the most engaging puzzles I ever played, definetely deserves more attention!

18. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    It's definitely a hidden gem and it's tragic how little attention its receiving from media outlets. I haven't sunk this many hours into a match-3 game in a very, very long while.

A few more tips

* Recognize your customers from the overview screen when they are standing in queue and have a guess at what kind of weapon they might ask for. They only ask for a set type of weapons. For example, Moonshade likes claws and twin blades, so have two blade molds ready when you see her as your next customer. This will help you make good use of molds in the queue that are not needed for the current three customers. It will also help to know when you are getting the kingdom guards since they have no timer and can be used to get rid of your trash as well as use the free time to set up golden ingots.

* Don't be in a hurry to dump all the weapons already on the board into your storage. Weapons that go onto the rack cannot be improved with enchanting or gem powders. Always try to forge weapons at the edges or corners to minimize the loss of space from leaving weapons on the board.

* Know which consumable items are more important, such as gem molds and gem powders. They will be life savers in the late game. Similarly, don't hesitate to buy all the types of molds available when there is a sale in the shop. Having molds in your inventory gives you a lot of flexibility in managing your board.

19. bababewey

Jun 8, 2012
    Great points.

20. bababewey

Jun 8, 2012
    #40 bababewey, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    You're right, it definitely deserves more attention. Not only because it's fun, but because it's smart. The way that the systems work are very clever and fair.

To those concerned about the English translation issue or the F2P structure, neither affect the game negatively at all. There is a 2.99 IAP to remove ads, and 3 tiers of currency IAP, .99 1.99 and 4.99. Purchasing any of the currency would only be for those who for some reason wanted to artificially speed their progress within the game, currency is awarded at a pace that works within the games levelling system very fairly.