Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    A lot of this kind of stuff is being discussed here: https://getsatisfaction.com/gunghoonline/products/gunghoonline_puzzle_dragons

Enhance Materials are meant to be eaten. Metal Dragons aren't great in a fight, nor do they help you Evolve, but when you consume one, they give you CRAZY amounts of experience compared to most other Monsters!

As for the final boss of the Fertile Lands... yeah that guy was TOUGH. I'm using the same green guy as you (Leaf Chimera) the starting Dragons for Fire, Light and Dark - and of course, my signature Siren.

After running the Tuesday dungeon a few times, I was able to get my starting Dragons all on their final evolutions, but now I have to level them back up >_<

Hopefully once I've done that, I can give the 3rd floor in the Tower of Flare another try!

2. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Just want to add that it's glad to see PnD discussed here. Personally I am a Chinese student living in USA. The japanese version have a huge fanbase in China and there are heated discussion about this game in many forums. There is even this wikia page dedicated to PnD. You can find all kinds of stats and tips there if you understand Chinese. But if you don't, I am happy to help. Just ask me:)

The wikia page I mentioned:
    http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle_%26_Dragons_%E7%BB%B4%E5%9F%BA

I didn't play the Japanese version mostly because of the time difference. So the English version is great for me to start from the same level as everyone else.

My ID in game is 393,633,273. I play the water team so I am looking for friend with high level water monsters or monsters that can reduce wood damage by half to help me get through the Techinical Dungeon. I only have a few spot left so pardon me if I can't add you.

3. Sheapy

Sheapy Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    So what do you get from Hellfire runs? My expert and adept runs have turned up with nothing so far, although I've only cleared expert once with a lucky Midgard proc. night consider having another go at it if a decent fire monster drops. Otherwise the 25 stam req is brutal for its lackluster exp and drops

4. shiris

shiris Active Member

Jan 12, 2012
    NEET
    #84 shiris, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    When's the soonest you can grab a monster like Siren for the rondo of healing? I don't have any luck with that rare paid pull thing =/

Also, what do you need to evolve cupid? I have no idea what the first item is, but I see the other 4 items (1 yellow evolve mask, and 3 topalit)

5. Sheapy

Sheapy Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    It all depends on luck tbh. I grabbed my Mermaid from a boss drop in the third water dungeon I believe, otherwise you're stuck using your helpers as your main healers. To evolve the cupid you need the 3 star yellow evolve mask, 2 star yellow evolve mask and 3 topalits.

6. shiris

shiris Active Member

Jan 12, 2012
    NEET
    Ahh thanks!

I'm probably too weak for it, but do you happen to know where to get the 3 star yellow evolve mask.

7. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    I have been a HUGE fan of the wikis I've seen in both Japanese and Chinese, and I think it would be really exciting (and useful) to see some fan-made pages like that getting started here too!

8. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    If it's the same as in Japanese version, it will drop No.001, No.88, No.98 and the boss No.142. The drop rate is not high, but it's possible. If you play fire team, the regular monsters it drops are also good for leveling up your monsters. Otherwise, I say finish all three levels once , grab the one magic stone and leave.

9. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    Play the Wednesday dungeon(yes, it's today!) , the 10 stamina one should be OK. Also it can be dropped in Twin Temple Apollo. Good luck.

10. MokuroRokudo

MokuroRokudo Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I will mark all Wednesday on my calendar that it is a Puzzle and Dragons day. But I can't beat any special dungeon too weak for it, i need Tyran to become Tyrannos!

11. puzzledra

puzzledra Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I tried to enter special dungeon out of curiousity, i got 1 hit by that huge monster..im a like, WTF! lol

12. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #92 imuddy, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    A quick question for people here, my biggest problem with these type of games are that you need to spent a lot of real money in order to get any decent card,monster, whatever is it. So how hard is it to get some 5star monsters in this game without paying? Thanks. And is it possible to get 5star from the 1st prem egg.

13. chobo

chobo Active Member

Nov 5, 2012
    I've just started playing and getting to level 6 was pretty much a breeze.
    But the game got immediately hard at around level 8 and I've had to use a lot of my precious crystals to beat the levels :[
    Might need to spend some to get strong enough to progress
    But the game is extremely fun nevertheless

14. shiris

shiris Active Member

Jan 12, 2012
    NEET
    I really wished you could buy Siren instead of having to gamble for her.

I spent $40 and kept getting duplicates and didn't get her or any monsters with rondo of healing =/ (I desperately need rondo of healing)

@imuddy Yes, it's possible to get 5star from 1st prem egg (my friend got one).

15. MokuroRokudo

Nov 11, 2012
    Add my friend he is good at this game while I am a noob

16. Sheapy

Sheapy Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    I got a 5 star off of my first prem egg. After awhile, you can't really waste a turn only matching up 3 jewels. You need to learn how to reorganize the jewels where you can get 3-4 combos to stay alive. To be honest you should be saving your free crystals on a couple of extra box spaces and premium eggs.

17. valariel

valariel Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2011
    to be honest there is no such thing as being a noob in this game, what you only need is luck, luck to roll a good creature with your first spin and then luck to get buddies with good helper to aid you in your dungeon crawls

18. MokuroRokudo

Nov 11, 2012
    Same here >.<

Just add more friends to have a friendly partner in the dungeon ^_^

19. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    This game is totally playable without any IAP. You just have to be more patient and more skillful with matching. IAP only make the game progress faster, and maybe easier. It doesn't matter whether you get a 5 star monster from rare egg machine or not. Just level up your team and evolve them into 5 star monsters if they're not, and you can definately beat all the dungeons. Even some regular monsters can be pretty strong when leveling to the maximum.

Right now there is a good chance to get good rare monsters from pal eggs machine. I have got 4 types of lil dragon from there. I even got a Tyrannos. This game is called Puzzle & Dragons so you know every dragon type monster is a good one.

20. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    The main tip that I can suggest is to really get the most out of everything you do - run half stamina dungeons to get coins/EVO Materials/Rank-up.

Fuse using materials of the same Attribute for bonus EXP(or Metal Dragons of course!). Don't Evolve Fusion your monsters unless you have enough materials to Power-up Fusion immediately after (when you Evolve, you go back to level 1 but with greater potential to level up higher). When you get to higher levels, consider selling weaker monsters instead of using them for fusion since the fusing will end up costing more than it's worth.

Balance your teams: try finding a sweet spot with RCV and HP for survivability - don't just focus on attack or you will find yourself getting one-shotted very quickly.

Finally - take a look at your helper's stats before you bring them along. Even if a Monster has no Leader Skill (or you can't utilize it because they are an Explorer and not a Friend), someone with 3,000 HP is a great asset!