Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    CEO of Tinker Games
    Bandung
    Kinda reminds me of Legend of Fae :D

2. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    not really feeling this one

3. L.Hash

L.Hash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2012

This is the most addictive game ever.

Played a bunch of similar games such as Dungeon raid, Dungeon Story, Puzzle Craft, 10000000, Dragon Island... But P&D hands down beats them all.

I don't know maybe it's the sheer amount of content (tons of dungeons, time events, +450 monsters to collect and evolve), or it's the social aspect of it. I mean they can generate events à la Pocket Planes, anytime it's really reminescent of mmo games.

for me it is just amazing what they've done with what is finally a match tree game.

Anyway that's my take on it, try it out it's totally free

4. MokuroRokudo

MokuroRokudo Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I agree with you, it reminds me of the game Pokemon and Bejeweled a combination of both games. Also thanks to my friends I they can help me each dungeon run :p

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I know right? I know its easy to create itunes account for other countries, but still. :p

Love you Sanuku!

7. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Could someone please explain to my why this Game hasn`t yet been released Worldwide?

Since an online connection is required my best guess is it's due to server capacity. It made me curious enough to make an us account and i'm having a total blast with it.

8. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I can't wait for this game to be available worldwide. It looks so good. :)

9. nekros

nekros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    anyone have some resources for hints on this game? I have fumbled my way to rank 30, but it feels like cheating to rely on helpers with Rondo of Healing to pull me through dungeons. Matching hearts is NOT going to come close to keeping ahead of damage. Some monsters were taking 200+ turns to defeat, which is just silly.

10. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    #50 smegly, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    I think I'm 19 right now, so you're farther than me. It seems like there isn't really anything hint-wise aside from trying to get some really powerful rares with magic stones. What's your party cost in relation to your party capacity at this point? I think it's intended that you should be near your max.

Off the top of my head, you might have a bad RCV/HP ratio.

11. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I got about 80 stones myself and have the same problem at rank 20ish. I'm having a rough time leveling units or knowing which ones I should raise. I got a decent amount of 5 stars though

12. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    Invite heard loud and clear! This is Antonio, the community guy from GungHo Online Entertainment America! Glad to see such lively discussions going on about Puzzle & Dragons.

We've also got an official Facebook page and Community Q&A site for sharing events/info/tips.

http://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsOfficial?ref=hl

https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsOfficial?sk=app_267506003363207

13. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    #53 GungHo, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    I may be biased because I work for the company, but I find this game ridiculously addictive. I've already gone well beyond my normal duties and dedicated my entire 3-day weekend to P&D. I hit Rank 40 and have 9 Magic Stones left (received just from beating the various dungeons). It's starting to get REALLY hard even for me >_< Don't worry - I don't get any extra help or special treatment from Japan ;)

Most of my Magic Stones go to expanding my Monster Box. I hang onto a few of each EVO Material and can't get rid of certain cute/unique/rare beasties.

I got lucky with my second pull of the Rare Egg Machine - this Siren has seen me through some tough times!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=532578063437457&set=pb.484776928217571.-2207520000.1352851780&type=3&theater

What monsters did you all get out of your free pull at the Rare Egg Machine? What's the best thing you've seen come out of there?

14. Mithel

Mithel Active Member

May 9, 2012
    Worth asking again now that a rep is here: When will this game be available in Canada?

15. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I got a Dryad; not rare, but I've enjoyed the continual healing leader skill. I got a Shardan too, but that was a five-stone pull. I use most of my stones for expanding the box too.

16. Bone16

Bone16 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I'll second this. Please bring to Canada! iPhone 5 support would be great too. Glad to see a rep here. Not everyone has Facebook or wants it!

17. valariel

valariel Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2011
    This game is really addictive, however i have reached a point where i'm stuck due to the fact that i have horribly low hp to survive the bosses' hits. I can probably reach 3.5k hp with a good helper but the bosses do 2k++ damage every 3 turns haha:/

One useful tip to point out when you reach rank 20, you can send 1 friend a gift and this allows you to have a free spin on the premium egg machine. However you can only do this once in your account so think wisely before you send the gift out.

18. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    Unfortunately we don't have a timeline for international releases - but we definitely hear the fans loud and clear.

From Malaysia to Canada, and the UK to South America, we've been seeing a lot of interest.

As soon as we have more information - we will definitely share it with everyone!

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you yet! o_O

19. splendidham

splendidham Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hey Gungho. Any chance the Japanese version will get bilingual? I'm based in Japan so I can download the japanese version but it looks like its all in nihongo.. Now I can read Japanese somewhat but it can be a hassle. Will I have to make a US account to get the English version?

20. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    #60 GungHo, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    I think your best bet is to find a trusted friend who will agree to send a gift back to you :)

My girlfriend and I sent each other our Presents - but she ended up getting better monsters out of the machine o_O

Then later in the day, someone randomly sent me one! I was very thankful, but I felt a little bad since I couldn't send him one back >_<

The game does have a mail system - so if this happens to you, make sure to send a thank you note!

Oh - and in regards to your low HP - I always try to get everyone as evolved and leveled as I can. I must admit my Rondo of Healing Leader Skill (heal whenever 3 orbs of any color are connected) has gotten me through a lot. Try bringing along Helpers with skills like that! Preserverance has also saved me more than a few times (chance to survive even when HP would normally have been brought to 0).