Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
  2. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    Random poll: Favorite Healer girl?

I'm a fan of Echidna, Empress of Serpents.

3. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    GungHo - instead of promoting your game to an audience that a large part of whom cannot even play your game...

Why not explain why this hasn't been released in large parts of the world - such as Europe?

If this is such an amazing smash-hit game... what's the issue with a European release? I've asked this before but I don't think I received a reply previously...

Would LOVE to know what the problem is here...

Jamie

4. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    I'm actually posting here on behalf of GungHo America. Our headquarters is responsible for expanding the game into other regions, but we will definitely keep our fans informed as availability increases.

Thanks for your interest.

5. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Appreciate you're a representative of the US branch and therefore may not be able to speak for your company as a whole - but perhaps you could explain (or ask one of your colleagues to) why this situation exists? Is it because you have game servers and therefore need to acquire these regionally before releasing?

Or is it just because you don't want to make too much money from your game?!

6. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    Unfortunately I have no information about this particular situation, but we will keep everyone informed when the game is available in new regions.

I realize that may not be the answer you were hoping for, but stay tuned for further P&D release news.

7. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Thanks but I don't think I'll bother following this any more. There are just way too many other good games out there that are actually made available in the UK store. I'll follow and play those instead.

8. chanandler

chanandler Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I am the Director of Aesthetics and Cosmicatology.
    UK
    Just grabbed a copy from the US store and can't stop playing! It's really good, no sign of a paywall and soooo deep! Loving every minute so far, just a pain it's not out natively in the UK!

9. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Not tempted I'm afraid. If they can't be bothered to try to sell outside the US they can keep their game. Too many other great games out there for us to buy so we can quite easily give this one a miss!

10. PapaT

PapaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    UK
    Agreed. Sod em!!

Anyway after a little research found Tower of Saviours. It's available in the UK, has some decent reviews, has a web site and a very active forum.

Downloaded it a couple of hours ago and so far am really enjoying it. Give it a try - it's free, so nothing to lose.

11. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
  12. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Still sucking big hairy ones in Europe though! If this game is so good and has so many "Likes" then what's the issue with releasing this in Europe? Could you ask one of your colleagues to comment perhaps?

13. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Didn't you just say you're not gonna follow this anymore? Just download the bloody American version and quit whining already.

14. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    What's it to you? And why on earth would I want to mess around switching app stores when a developer can so easily push their products globally?

I'm just very interested in what the issue is, here. Seems VERY strange.

15. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    It's not that strange. Firstly, switching app stores is very easy, and secondly, it's not unusual for games with IAPs and servers to take a while to be released in different regions. And you already got your answer from this guy, who could be a social media intern for all we know.

Plus, it's a Japanese game. I doubt the US offices have that much say in expanding to other regions.

16. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Don't I have to fund accounts in different stores and provide postal address etc when setting it up? If it's really easy to do then I guess it's worth a shot...

Thx

17. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    [​IMG]

*Harvest Festival Event*
    [Duration]: 10/10 (Thu), midnight - 10/16 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The great and mighty armored goddess Athena will finally descend, so it's time to reap the benefits of our fantastic new P&D Harvest Festival event.

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
    1 Free Magic Stone [10/10 4:00 AM - 10/17 3:59 AM]
    ※Magic Stone will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② TAMADRA Discovered!
    [Duration]: 10/10 (Thu), midnight - 10/16 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)
    The adorable TAMADRA has been discovered! Everyone gets one shot at this limited Dungeon.

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
    10/10 - 10/12 Tower of Jewel
    10/10 - Hera-Is Descended!
    10/13 - The Goddess Descended!
    10/14 - Athena Descended!
    10/15 - Hera Descended!
    10/16 - Dark Night Sword

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
    2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
    [We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village and Super King Dragons - (including an invasion from one of the Jeweled Super Kings)]
    2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
    1.5x Coins for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon
    2x Skill Up rate
    Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine

[Godfest info coming soon!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

18. NeilN

NeilN Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey GungHo, right now it's becoming a pain in the neck figuring out which monsters still have evolutions/ultimate evolutions available to them (ignoring if all the evo materials are available). Maybe add indicators to the Monster Box UI to help us out?