Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    So I just reinstalled the game a week ago, and have finally gotten to level 27 and a castle. I am now ready to dive into the collecting portion of the game. Can anyone explain when the items for collections appear? Is it only with certain level chests and up? Or random?

I have opened maybe 10-15 common to rare chests and all are tools or xp. Also, I too am always short on iron. Seems to be too rare in the mine, and over demanded in crafting an hiring.

2. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The museum level is what gives you treasures.

For pottery and cards, you'll need a common chests.
    Chess pieces and fossils are in uncommon chests.

And it goes on down the board for each group. You may need to buy maps to have a shot of finding the treasure.

3. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Okay, I have a level three museum, and have unlocked many common, uncommon, rare, and legendary chests now. I have yet to get a single artifact. I suppose its a luck thing, or might I still be missing something? Thanks for the response though!

4. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    There's definitely luck involved. I had ran through about a dozen uncommon chests between the 4th and 5th items in a set.

I noticed the game was only giving chests matching my archaelogist level, and because it was higher than the museum level, I was SOL on getting treasures. I've spent a great deal of coins on getting maps, and that made a huge difference in getting treasures.

I've not spent any money on IAPs. I suppose someone could buy their way through the treasures.

5. lstein2000

lstein2000 Member

Jul 3, 2011
    The magnet makes it a lot easier to get a lot of iron. Just use tools to get a decent amount of iron on the board at one time, then keep hitting the magnet. It gathers all the iron on the board and then replenishes with the same amount. The magnets are pretty easy to craft, too - just let the gas explode a lot to build up a bunch of rubble (or use the flint). I have not had any issues gathering iron since the update.

6. jarboo

jarboo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    France
    The update is great, a lot of nice new features ! :)

But as indalico said, there's a problem with the archeologist and musuem. It's not really a bug, but more a design problem. I hope it was unintended.

My archeologist is currently at level 4, my museum at level 3.
    So, without using maps, I only get level 4 treasures chests, but I can't get level 4 collections yet.

The worst thing is, since my town hit level 33, I can buy level 5 archeologist, but I still can't buy level 4 museum... So if I buy the new level of archeologist, I'll be stuck without any collection for quite a while (until I'm able to buy museum level 5).

I think this problem could be solved using one of those 2 ideas :
    1) Naturally present chests which level is less than or equal to the archeologist (with a higher probability of rarer chests)
    2) Be more explicit in the description messages of those 2 buildings. Because if I knew how it works earlier, I would have waited until my collections were finished before upgrading the archeologist.

Thanks

7. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I just got a Mythic Chest and my prize was: 2,000 coins. It had cost me $6k just to buy a key to open it in the first place. Frustrating that I spent cash to get a prize of lesser value. Maybe the rewards are designed to be random but that one sure sucked.

I now own 3 playing cards as my only artifacts. I am level 41 with fully upgraded everything.

8. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Sadly, I find myself playing this game less and less after the update. With all the buildings and tools that I have, I can often keep a game going on the Farm indefinitely and only actually start using moves when I get bored and want to quit. In fact I haven't played a game in a while simply because I don't want to spend an hour collecting resources that I don't need in hopes that I might get a chest that doesn't contain normal tools, resources, XP, or GP. If chests were more frequent, say a chest appears every 5-10 matches, then I wouldn't be so disappointed with my prizes, it would also keep me from getting bored during the game. So maybe they need to boost the rate at which chests appear.

9. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I completely agree, for I am in the same exact situation.

The chests are the selling point of this update; yet, with how infrequent they appear and how unrewarding the contents of the chests can be, I find myself bored very easily.

10. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I really wish the game was set up better as far as the treasures go, or explain the process more.

With my situation, I'm okay with how the treasures are now and probably won't update if they do change it. I'm 1 level away from getting mythic treasures in the museum, and a bonus I hope the mythic chests are still put on the board for free at random times. They are really bleeding me dry on coins.

11. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #991 TRB4, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    In my opinion, the mine is the best place to make a TON of money. Just max out the following workers:

Engineer
    Alchemist
    Jeweler
    Prospector
    Sapper
    Banker
    Gem Dealer

With all of those professions at max level, you'll be able to make a Bonus Coin by matching 4 gas, 5 diamonds, or 5 gold. Plus, every 3 stone will make a coal, every 3 iron will make a silver, every 3 coal will make a diamond, and every 3 silver will make a gold. Keep making Bonus Coins until you can get 8 Bonus Coins in a row and make a Trophy! Trophies are worth a crazy amount of money and XP. If you use tools to help you, you can collect 2-3 Trophies per mining trip.

12. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #992 TRB4, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    It's also worth noting that you can do the same on the farm with the following tools and max level workers:

For Apple Method:

Gardener
    Orchardist
    Fruit Merchant
    Rake
    Fertilizer
    Sapling
    Axe

1.) Begin by trying to clear the field of everything except for Apples, Carrots, Wheat, Grass and Trees.

2.) If the field doesn't have any Trees, then use the tools in this order Fertilizer > Rake.
    .... If the field does contain Trees, then use the tools in this order Sapling > Fertilizer > Axe.

3.) Collect all of the Wheat (either all at once, or in groups of 3) to make Carrots.

4.) Collect all the Carrots (either all at once, or in groups of 3) to make Apples.

5.) Leave the Apples alone and repeat steps 1-4 until you have a screen almost entirely filled with Apples.

6.) Collect the Apples in groups of 5 to make Bonus Coins.

7.) Keep repeating steps 1-6 until you can collect 8 Bonus Coins to make a Trophy.

For Cow Method:

Pig Farmer
    Cow Farmer
    Animal Merchant
    Rake
    Fertilizer
    Sapling
    Axe
    Chicken Feed

1.) Begin by trying to clear the field of everything except for Cows, Pigs, Chickens, Wheat, Grass and Trees.

2.) If the field doesn't have any Trees, then use the tools in this order Fertilizer > Rake > Chicken Feed.
    .... If the field does contain Trees, then use the tools in this order Sapling > Fertilizer > Axe > Chicken Feed.

3.) Collect all of the Chickens (either all at once, or in groups of 3) to make Pigs.

4.) Collect all the Pigs (either all at once, or in groups of 3) to make Cows.

5.) Leave the Cows alone and repeat steps 1-4 until you have a screen almost entirely filled with Cows.

6.) Collect the Cows in groups of 5 to make Bonus Coins.

7.) Keep repeating steps 1-6 until you can collect 8 Bonus Coins to make a Trophy.

The best part about doing this on the Farm is that all of the steps are "Free Moves" if you have the necessary buildings. That means that you can repeat this process indefinitely until you run out of tools or get bored.

13. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    ^ There's a couple great tools from the legendary chests. There's more than 4 different ones apparently, though that's all I ran into so far.

Golden Apple will turn all trees into apples, and also the Golden Idol turns all grass into cows. Those really are nice to have to get the board down to just cows and grass and use the tool to have 36 cows. :)

14. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    A couple bugs

Small issue: when getting stuff from the town, the game includes the exp bonus into what is earned, but that's not actually credited. Clearly it shouldn't count.

Big problem: in a trip to the field, I had after my final turn that a chest showed up. I paid 100 to save the board. But when I went back, only the chest was there, and the map never appeared during the entire run.

15. Bryantte

Bryantte New Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Achievements

Does anyone know the mysterious hidden achievement after the update? I remember the original hid the trophy achievement for us to discover on our own. Now the game shows I have all achievements but says 62 if 63.

I thought maybe it was linking trophies but I linked 10 and nothing happened!!!

16. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thank you guys for your comments. They will be useful for us to plan upcoming fixes/updates.

If it comes to secret achievement it can be found
    in one of the common chests.

Best!

17. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    The treasure drop from chests are 20%, i think. It's ok.

Also it would refresh game greatly if you will introduce more matching fields, for example fishing pond (fish, crabs, pearls) or feast night ( matching food, snacks and wines). I'd even pay for such additions like i did for original game.

18. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Well just beat the game with all collection and the imperial castle. I'll back up a save is more content is ever added, but I had a great time with this one.

19. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    iCloud

Dev, please add iCloud support for gavesaves across multiple devices. It really isn't that nice that we have to start over on our iPads if our iPhone save already has countless hours of gameplay in it. This game is incredibly clever, addictive, and has wonderful replay value, but not so much when we have to start from scratch on all of our different devices. Please, consider this for the next update (hopefully soon!). I'm sure there are countless other people who agree about this. I have read several posts on your facebook timeline with the very same requests. In the end, success relies on customer satisfaction. Keep up the good work! :)

20. johnnieholic

johnnieholic Member

Nov 3, 2012
    dont know if it was just me but after i unlocked the masks collection i stopped getting the exp bonus from farming, even after unlocking the relics collection. also do the exp bonuses stack?