Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
  2. Raynebair

Raynebair New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    #962 Raynebair, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    What I've done many times is sell my gold and diamonds since they are so easy to collect and then use that money to buy iron. I haven't had trouble in the past with stone, but I think my frequency of it appearing is finally slowing down so I suspect I may be doing them same with it soon.

I do agree that getting chests in the mine is muh more of a challenge than the farm. And so far between the two I've only collected one chess piece. The rest has been tools and xp.

3. Raynebair

Raynebair New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Sorry for the double post. Arg. Darn phone

4. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The Sapper worker maxed out at 4. Is that right? This is the first worker I've seen max out at something other than 5.

5. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I believe that was intended. Otherwise you would get a bonus coin everytime you collected gas. Even at level 4, the Sapper produces plenty of bonus coins, and actually lead to me getting my first trophy!

6. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    lol True it certainly is. It's the best investment option I've seen as far as the new workers go, so far.

I'm really curious as to what the other abilities are coming up later in the levels. I'm only on level 28 and have every building possible at that point, and 2 of the workers don't seem to be worthwhile as far as animal collecting goes for coins.

7. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    #967 slammajamma28, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    I've only come across one chest while I've been in the mines. And that was the first time I went in. Do the chests appear is at random? I've had no problems with chests appearing in the fields.

I wish the maps weren't so darn expensive to craft.

[EDIT] Of course as soon as I say something 3 chests appear in the mines. 2 of them blown up by gas. HORRAY!

8. sackie

sackie New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    My map looks really strange on iPhone 5, was also like that in the previous version, but iPhone 5 was not supported back then so I did not care. Does anyone else have this problem?

Attached Files:

9. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Mine looks fine. It doesn't look like you are that far. Maybe try deleting and re-installing?

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You're going to jump on it immediately after it's released in August 2012?

11. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #971 Wicked8146, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    I'm not getting a ton of luck collecting treasures. I keep getting golden apples or XP, which is great and all but I've upgraded my museum up to the
    dinosaur collection
    as well and unlock the Mythic maps and the only treasure I have is a playing card. This is after playing for at least a combined 6 hours and opening about 20 chests.

I got a Mythic Map in the mine that asked for a connection with 4 gases, which is very hard. I spent a lot of tools and money for extensions to try to get it, only to have some gas blown it up by mistake.

This one took some effort:

[​IMG]
    My prize was 10,000 XP.

12. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I spend 4k on a mythic map to use in the farm, and had to do 6 wolves. That was brutal. Not to mention I didn't even get 6 wolves on the board the first time, and I had to save the field to open the chest the second visit. All for 10k EXP. Meh.

I'm really considering owning one of each key at a time so I can opt out of the really hard chests. No mythic key in the shop, unless
    it's found only in a chest
    ?

13. slammajamma28

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I'll agree with what others are saying: for how difficult some of these treasure chests are, the loot is rather disappointing.

14. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #974 TRB4, Mar 1, 2013
    I think the simplest solution would be to just increase the frequency at which treasure chests naturally appear. I would be less upset that I was unable to open a chest that required 6 wolves (or worse did open it and only got XP :() if I knew that I would get 2-3 more chests during my next game. Either that, or lower the cost of maps a bit.

15. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Another problem is that I lose the bonus XP award I won for putting up a new building and close the app to quit. I can get around that by playing a 10 move run in the mine and close out afterward.

16. slammajamma28

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    #976 slammajamma28, Mar 1, 2013
    Edit: When collecting tools on the main screen, just click into a building and all of the items will automatically be collected! Horray!!!!

17. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Never mind, you sir are correct. I just checked and the items removed from the screen ARE collected. I thought that they were not. Now I feel so stupid for purposely trying to avoid my buildings while collecting tools when I could have just popped out all the tools and then tapped my castle to collect them all in one go.

Thank you for your reply. I am going to edit my previous post in order to avoid confusing others.

18. slammajamma28

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I shall edit mine as well. :)

Glad I could be of assistance! I can only imagine how irritated you were!

19. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #979 indalico, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    Looks like we'll need to buy up on chests to get anywhere on the treasure hunt. I'm seeing a certain level chest that keeps dropping in the mine/field and it's the same level as the archaelogist building, and that's higher than the museum level. Because of that, it seems I can't get the key item in that chest, unless I buy my own lower level chests to throw on the board. I should be able to get the mythic collection items once I have the 5th tier of items unlocked in the museum.

I've stocked up on maps, and keys pretty much for the mine. It's gonna be a grind.

http://i.imgur.com/ZuGFYnh.png

So far I've picked up 12 of the items in the museum, with 1 complete group and another with 1 item missing.

20. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Damn. I'm impressed. I have been playing this game a ton and I only have one measly card. I mostly just get XP. Maybe you just have better luck than me.