Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    In most games you can do this with no problem. Just copy the save data off your device using any of the tools that let you navigate user data.

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    What tools?

3. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Village place stays. We had some free slots + upgrades

4. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    iExplorer
    iFunBox
    Lots of others, those are the most popular I think.

5. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
  6. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Update will go live 12 PM GMT. Stay tuned.

Here are some screens for the update:

[​IMG]

7. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Downloading it now! Nice!

8. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Treasure hunt available!

TREASURE HUNT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE ON THE APPSTORE!
    Happy hunting guys!

9. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I found my first chest, however, I had to connect it to the map and 15 pieces of ore to open it (as shown above). That did not happen. I assume I can hire a worker at some point in the future to help decrease this amount. Looking forward to finding more!

10. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    You have to use more tools to get chest opened. Hope it helps.

11. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Ah yes. I now realize that tools are the way to go to get treasures. I have opened 4 so far (2 golden apples). It's good I suppose as I've had to utilise two parts of the game I haven't had to use much before now: tools and paying to keep digging/save crops for next season.

[​IMG]

12. Raynebair

Raynebair New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    I couldn't get my treasure chest open either. Did not get 20 grass to connect them. Will have to try again.

13. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    It didn't dawn on me until I saw the graphic posted above to figure out it how to unlock the chests. So far no luck in getting anything really good in them other than bonus XP and gold.

This is a pretty worthy update that I can see myself playing until I get every last item there is. Well done!

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Can someone explain in more detail about how to use tools to open the chests?

15. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    You have to drag a line from the map through the required number of items to the chest in order to open. Use your tools to try to help get enough items in the correct spaces to be able to draw a complete line.

16. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I'm digging the update. (rimshot)
    I've already opened a few common chests. Very cool mechanic.

Although I must ask- am I the only one who finds it nearly impossible to mine for iron? I can get everything else like crazy, but iron seems to be entirely too rare for how valuable it is.

17. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Same here with iron. I've bought out a bunch of it before so I could speed up owning all the buildings/workers.

18. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I guess it would be nice if you could turn off your abilities that cause more of other things to appear, if you want more iron instead.

19. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    There is definitely a HUGE imbalance in the mine when it comes to getting iron and stone. What with coal, silver, gold and diamonds appearing quite frequently (if you have the buildings that increase their appearance) and it only taking 3 stone to make coal, and 3 coal to make a diamond, or 3 iron to make a silver and 3 silver to make a gold (if you have all the workers). It becomes very hard to collect the base materials. The mine also has the only material that cannot be purchased at the market, rubble, and in order to get rubble you actually have to purposely play poorly and allow the gas in the mine to destroy other valuable materials. The worst part, the amount of rubble produced from each explosion is random, ugh. Personally I don't enjoy the mine half as much as I enjoy the farm.

The farm doesn't suffer from the problems of the mine simply because you get so many "Free Moves". With tools, especially rakes which the scarecrow gives you a ton of, you can complete 100 or so matches before you even use 1 "day" on the farm.

As such, I have no trouble collecting chests on the farm, but I find it maddeningly difficult to open any chests in the mine. On top of this, you can actually lose a chest in the mine if gas explodes next to the chest or the map. I have a feeling that the Mine collections are going to take quite a while.

What we need is more tools that allow us to transmute materials in the mine the way we can on the farm. I also wish that the buildings that increased the frequency of the higher materials could be switched on and off depending on your current needs.

The solution for now though is to just sell your gold and diamonds and use the money to buy stone and iron. Luckily it's not such a bad deal either.

Hopefully the mine gets reworked in a future update.

20. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks. The part I was missing was you have to start from the map and end on the chest. That makes sense!