Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, what exactly is the IAP?
    Is it for things like unlocks or boosters, or is there a separate currency that can be spent to speed up events or purchase premium items?

2. blibby

blibby Active Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Insta-pass. IAP. Fail!

Those of you who support, harm gamers everywhere.

Time for all gamers to demand to own, and control their purchases.

3. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    IAP ( in app purchases ) is just what you described you pay additional money for consumable items to help you like coins for example to buy in game items or unlock levels or additional level, personally I hate this strategy and sadly it's spreading these days in the app store

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Uhm... did you read the thread? The dev said it's optional?

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #26 Vovin, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012

ROFL! You should have checked Strive's post count.

You don't need to explain Strive what IAP's are. He knew about them while everyone else was still running around in diapers.... it's like explaining the bible to a catholic monk ;)

He wants to know the kind of IAPs, the type (consumables / unlocks / in-game money, or others).

6. blibby

blibby Active Member

Mar 3, 2011
    If it exists. Then it's a rent and steal model. No exceptions.

7. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    lol I thought it was strange to :D kinda hard to find someone that doesn't know what IAP's are

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    You seriously believe that!? There are always exceptions. Hopefully this game is one of them.

9. strivemind

#30 strivemind, Aug 15, 2012
    lol thanks Vovin, I laughed pretty hard when I read that.

I was just trying to tactfully ask the developer to give us an honest answer on the nature of the IAP's without offending their decisions in monetizing their game.

10. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Dear Strivemind, in Puzzle Craft IAP's are related to in-game currency which is gold. You don't need it to play and have loads of fun from the game but it can speed up building your town. IAP are mostly for impatient players. Simple and honest answer from developer :)

Please let us know if we can explain anything more.

Thank you!

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    From Sanuku's video, this looks like a very nice casual game. Also, it is always nice to see direct Game Center support in Chillingo games instead if being stuck with Crystal. A sure buy for me.

12. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Looks fun enough to warrant a try. IAP that just speeds up the game or acts as a shortcut doesn't bother me.

13. strivemind

Thanks for the reply. I hope this sets everyone at ease that the IAP's are to get a jumpstart on the single in-game-acquirable currency.

14. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I think he means he wanted to jump in before I had the chance to do it.

15. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    i think i'll risk it, even though I have a feeling it would go free pretty soon.

16. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    #37 hellscaretaker, Aug 15, 2012
    i was watching this video that Sanuku done i deffo looks like a purchase looks a lot of fun thanks Sanuku

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

The game itself is great. The coin rewards balance is heavily slanted towards "encouraging" you to buy IAP. Basically, it's the old "pay up or grind" equation. Or, "grindmium." What's even worse is, it's possible to grind and come out with less coins than you started with even though the game specifically promises otherwise in the tutorial. Just sad really. Everything else about the game screams quality and polish. All completely ruined.

For the record, the above assessment is a judgement call. Feel free to spend a buck to make your own.

18. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Someone from the developers did comment in this very thread that you dont need to use IAP unless you cant wait so to me that means if i want to rush though then i have to pay. I dont know if thats good or bad i guess that depends on the player at the time, me personally i don't mind i take my time and it makes the game longer

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #40 Vovin, Aug 15, 2012
    I can easily name you a dozen games where IAP's are purely optional and not nesccessary before you can say IWantedToLikeIAP'sButThenITookAnArrowToTheKnee. Best Regards and a trollish "Amen"!

And Gabrien, a cursive "I"? An impressive example of self-reflection. ;)
    In you post after that, I think you're a bit exaggerating. We know about your twisted relationship with IAP's. It's like you as Michael Douglas and the IAP's as Kathleen Turner in The War Of The Roses.