Universal Puzzle Craft 2 (by Chillingo, Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I tried really hard to love this game, but the freemium scheme just doesn't click with me. Sadly deleted, despite the potential it has... :-(

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for explaining!

Yeah even I have trouble with that as it's a long grind. However if you're desperate enough, just buy the pie with your coins. You should have enough if you save up for just a little while.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    - the question mark just means that there are quests available to unlock, I think you get influence for completing these? But you have to pay coins to unlock them.
    - yes I thought the same too. You can still make tools in the other towns from any left over resources, and the tools carry over into the new town.
    - salt and water are gained by moving the boat over water squares, I don't remember which type of water gets which resource, but you can check it in the normal way i.e. while making a chain the resource you will gain is displayed.
    - Facebook isn't needed, the game uses GameCenter to add friends as well as Facebook
    - the problems with Royal Quests and gifts from friends appear to be a server problem, I assume due to many more players than anticipated - the game was featured for a while in the App Store so will have gained lots of players then.
    - the decorations are to increase influence.
    - I've not seen those.

4. Sparkkie

Sparkkie Member

Sep 13, 2015
    2 ways:

1) use cages to catch all the chickens so you have only grass, trees and grain; then use the tool to turn all trees into grass. After that, use fertiilzer then a rake, to convert your entire board to grain; keep using fertiziler and clear the board; this should get you enough veggies for 2 apples; now you just need to get a little lucky with early grain (use rakes, axes, and cages) to get enough carrots for 3 apples; then pray to RNGsus that the apples are adjacent; if they are, connect the 3 and harvest them.

You can also do the first batch of carrots as soon as you have enough for 2 apples, then hope you can drop the 3rd apple after with enough carrots; I did this method to get my first apple.

2) make friends, send tools back and fourth and fluke out by getting a golden apple which converts all grass to apples (my wife did this one, made it a LOT easier, but you gotta get lucky)

5. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I'm really sick of server problems. Everytime I check gifts before harvesting for get the tools and every single time game stuck on that screen (sometimes it doesn't say server unavailable or give an error) pisses me off.

6. shakey_storm

shakey_storm Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm getting the same problems, too. It takes away some enjoyment from playing the game.

7. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I still don't understand sailing. I can see by touching an ocean tile that I need 10 deep water tiles to get fish, or 10 shallow water tiles to get spice. But I don't have the resources to do any more than 4 moves at a time. Mind you, I am at level 24. Do I have to connect a chain of 10 tiles in one move to get these to appear? Otherwise, the fish or spices just show up at random, perhaps once every 10 trips to the sea. A big waste of iron and eggs (the highest I have to use for now) while collecting endless salt and water. Am I missing something?

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You have the resources to do 4 moves, each move can be any number of tiles long. It's only when moving the ship that the number of tiles is limited.

9. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    THANK YOU. It was not clear to me at all that I didn't need to be sailing to collect those tiles. This has transformed my gaming.

10. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    This was very short, disappointingly short even. Anything from the developer on a timeline for new content? I have a lot I can do back in town 3 along the lines of grinding to unlock new species...but I don't want to do it unless there's going to be new content that will justify the investment.

11. Blozzom

Blozzom New Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Just finished 4th town (Snow) and no new content update atm...

maybe i have to replay it again to collect many gold.

12. Pelogs

Pelogs New Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Stuck at fishing

Im at level 23 and on the 3rd area discovered. Im stuck at fishing. I was not able to see the instructions on how to get fishes and islands and there are some challenges that require them as well as prerequisites for some building, craft and jobs. Can someone help me and explain to me how i can get them? Ive tried sailing but cant seem to get any fish and island with those colorful treasures. Just salt, water and one or two empty islands. :confused: :(

13. Garnek

Garnek New Member

Sep 16, 2015
    The best way is to play like this:
    1) make long chains of light/dark water to find fish and islands
    2) move your ship to collect them

Take a look at this movie on PC2 Facebook Page - this is from later in the game, so there are more types of puzzles, but the idea is the same.

14. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    How do I get milk or collect cows? Maximum for me was getting 1 cow and I didn't know how to collect it.

15. Garnek

Garnek New Member

Sep 16, 2015
    At this stage I tend to use the Magic Wand tool to collect single cows or apples.

16. Tankpuz

Tankpuz Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Thanks that works :)

17. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    The magic wands are useful for getting cows, diamonds, gold, and apples

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes I use the wands as well. Since they regen at 1 a day or so, I just use them when I have 1 or two rare items I can't get off the board. And if you're desperate you can also buy extra with the gems.

19. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    #179 kozz84, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Apples are impossible to collect without the wand. I can fill half of the screen with carrots/cucumbers, make a big chain that creates max 3 apples, but they appear far from each other and I can't pick them up.

20. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    How do I collect the buckets of water from sea levels?