Universal Puzzle Craft 2 (by Chillingo, Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 17, 2015.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You can do that one in multiple attempts actually - I think I took about four or five attempts to clear it (if you are talking about the one when you are travelling to the third town).

Talking about the third town, I like the sea levels, they are a nice change from the farm and mine ones. Having three types of levels stops it getting too repetitive.

2. Sparkkie

Sparkkie Member

Sep 13, 2015
    I'm having an absolutely brutal time in third town getting silver/coal.

I've gotten a substantial amount of upgrades (everything mine related up to level 25) and all the townsfolk hired that lower the amounts required and I cannot for the life of me reliably get silver.

I load up on shovels, tnt, lamps, etc and go in for 20 turns; often times with only 1 or 2 silver nodes collected (using the silver ore tool). That means I often need several trips to the mines just to get one silver bar.

Am I missing something obvious? It was much easier in town 2; the lava and gas/rubble destroys me

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just spent most of the runes I've saved and hired 81 workers from the portals, hopefully that'll help as I train them. I struggle too on the third island I'm needing salts but I never get islands if I'm lucky I get 1/2 of them....anyone any tips for the water levels?

Also to the post above I have trouble with rarer materials and it takes me multiple trips to gather just a few of them.

4. Blozzom

Blozzom New Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Add me GC RavenPlus

5. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    You can remove gas one tile at a time rather than as part of a chain, unless it's about to explode (which I THINK is a chain of 3-in-a-row), in which case you're boned. To minimize gas, use shovels to remove dirt rather than clearing the dirt w/ moves, as more gas spawns as a "bonus resource" from dirt collection via moves. Also, invest in tools that collect all the silver/coal on the screen, as that lets you remove silver/coal from the blast radius of gas that's about to explode.

Also, silver spawns by using a move to collect long chains of iron. Try to minimize iron collection via tools, and use tools to collect everything else, making sure to avoid gas where possible. Spawn as much iron as possible to spawn as much bonus silver as possible to maximize your chances to collect the silver, either via moves or via tools. This same strategy is useful for coal.

And above all, be patient! If you're running out of food, spend a few rounds in the fields to collect more food. Don't spend valuable runes on three extra moves; whatever may be left is NOT worth three extra moves to try to get it.

Hope these tips help!

-Mr. Album

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Anyone else have issues with the friend games? I noticed about 90% of the time, it sits there connecting and then times out. Sometimes it works flawlessly but most of the time it seems it can't connect. Same thing for sending and receiving gifts. It makes it a real hassle to help people out on their missions..

7. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    TIPS:
    - get workers affecting silver/coal as fast as possible
    - Focus only on one type. So collecting silver get rid of stones using tool, and then select long chains of iron to get silver.
    - use portal to summon magic tools. Some of them are REALLY powerful. Fe. changing dirt into Coal or silver

Hope it helps

8. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    We have some issues with servers due to huge amount of players playing in the same time. We will try to rise servers capabilities on Monday. Sorry for inconvenience.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh no worries. I take it that means your game is doing well? :)

10. shakey_storm

shakey_storm Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Loving the game so far, and just unlocked the embassy a few hours ago. :)

At first I thought this would be like a F2P disaster, but about a few boards in, I realized that it might be just as balanced as the first iteration was. :) i've since bought the IAP that reduces building bonus refresh time by 50% just for appreciation. Wish there were more useful "permanent" boosts like this from the IAP choices though (colors or runes aren't really something I'd buy). The tool cap doubler is the next best choice, I suppose.

Just wanted to thank the devs for an excellent sequel!

Some tips that others might like:
    1. Try to focus on gathering one line of resources per round. It will make "evolution" and long chain bonuses easier and thus, enable you to gather the resources farther along the chain. Switching lines will just make the board more cluttered and long chains harder. For example, in the mine, just focus on developing stone resources, and using tools for dirt and rock so you can gather more coal and so on.

2. Long chains are extremely useful, but there are cases where cutting off your chain might be called for. For example, it takes 5 corn each to get a carrot, but you have 14 on the board; even if I could get them in 1 turn, there is also some benefit in only getting 10. Another example is cutting off a chain so you can strategically choose where the next drops will be (which will increase the chance of making new connections of a chain).

3. Don't forget the importance of choosing the correct species to bring with you. Grass or turkey might be more preferable than later unlocks depending on what resources you want to gather.

Sorry if these things are obvious, but hope it helps some of you guys out there.

For anyone who wants to do quests, add me up on GC: shakey_storm

Devs:

Not sure if I'm missing something, but I don't see an obvious reference on chaining outside the board. Like, how many grain to get a carrot, or how many grass to get grain. In the board, holding an icon of course works, but outside it? If I want a handy info on how different species affect chaining, then where should it look it up outside a game? Sorry if I just missed where it is.

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've noticed the price for farming increases over time - what is it exactly that causes this to increase, is it the number of buildings you have?

12. Thomadaneau

Thomadaneau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Digital marketing consultant
    Thomadaneau on Game Center! Now at the third city... It's getting rough!

13. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    I think that 2x challenges is a real boost later in the game. You have more options to choose the strategy, do multiple challenges at ones have more options to pick from so levelling is faster for sure.

Thanks! Appreciate!

That's a REALLY good tip. Some puzzles might looks uninteresting but it's depends on your strategy and combos of puzzles you want to make. There are also sets which works as symbiosis and the others which won't work at all. As example: If you have wheat - it repels rats what means that rats will eat your more valuable puzzles.
    So reading puzzles description and picking the right one set is the best strategy for particular moment of the game if you want to be efficient player.

[/quote]

Yes there is: If you go to the workers tab - each worker represents one group of puzzles. If you tap on worker you will see actual formula for making bonus tile from the puzzles and to gather resource. Please also notice that it depends on which puzzles you have currently set on the farm. Fe: if you set chickens - long chains will be longer since that downside of this puzzle, but from the other hand - it's great for collecting the eggs! If you choose black hen - it will give you herd very fast but fails when gather the egg (more tiles need.) Is that something you were looking for?

14. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    #134 ATGames, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Every building which add additional moves on the farm makes it more expensive. You can gather more but also pay more your worker since year is longer.

15. shakey_storm

shakey_storm Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Yes, this is the one. I missed this part entirely somehow! Thanks!

16. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    It seems like every good tip I wanted to share is already here, good job people!

The game is very balanced in my experience - just make smart choices about what puzzle to take with you and what resource to sell and you'll have no problems with money whatsoever.

Also, add me on GC: pepsodont

See us in game!

17. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Anyone at the winter place yet? That place seems really tough when starting out...

18. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    TIP:
    Produce fertiliser in previous villages and use it for good start

19. Sparkkie

Sparkkie Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Anybody got opinions on what to spend influence on?

Is there something worth saving for? or should I just buy tools as I get 100?

20. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I would save it just because eventually you will be able to upgrade you castle with influence