Universal Puzzle Craft 2 (by Chillingo, Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Robbies

Robbies Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I just bought it to see what it is. It allows for a portal...in which you can watch ads in exchange for runes and coins. Watched three videos, got 1 rune and 100 coins, giving me my money back that I spent to build it.

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Great thanks!

3. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    #103 MrAlbum, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    The hut is where you watch the ads, the portal is where you exchange runes for workers and trade influence for a random selection of tools. You can only get certain tools this way, at least early on, or at least that's what I have found.

Edit: had a couple of words up switched. Whoops! XD

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #104 L.Lawliet, Sep 12, 2015
    Now that I've figured out how the helping friend system works, I'm enjoying this game even more. And aside from that online aspect, the entire game can be played offline. This game is such a keeper. I'll be throwing my money their way. The x2 bonus doubler is definitely what I'd recommend for those wanting to support the devs. They make amazing games (Another Case solved is a classic as well).

Recommendations:

1) Add a "hut" or main base icon next to the share (or replace the share button and put that inside the community hut menu to save space). This will make it easier to go to since there's so many buildings, you'll often forget it.

2) Put the stat menu into the achievement area on your main bar, not only on the main base achievement menu. It feels too hidden to open up your main hut, then go to your profile, then check your own achievements to find the stats.

5. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    i had lots of great memories go Puzzle Craft and its unbelievable puzzle craft 2 just happened!
    this game got even better and the public quest system is such a blast! :eek:

6. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Thank you guys for your good thoughts about the game.

Also in particular:
    @MrAlbum: great post about strategy guide. My hats off!
    @L.Lawliet: Thanks for the tip. We will think about it.
    @Robbies: Sorcerer Hut serves you ads, but availability of the ads is not depending on us but ad network. Please check daily - they should appear! Definitely it's not wasting your money ;)
    @henryfakesmile: thanks!!

I''m recommending you to like our FB page since we are planning also to publish some pro tips for the players in upcoming days.
    All the best!

7. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Having fun... but what are these puzzle challenges?

I have two and no idea how to complete them.

Puzzle icon 1) Collect in one visit 250 (250 left)
    Puzzle icon 2) Collect in one move 25

Help? =)

8. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    If anyone is looking for friends for this add me @ RichRuzz on GC :D

9. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Well I figured out "Collect in one move 25" - I did it on the farm and collected 25 grass. So it has to be one type.

So the 250 in one visit, maybe I can complete that one by extending the days in the first town.

10. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Hey Card,

There you go:
    Puzzle icon 1) Collect in one visit 250 (250 left) It means that in one visit on the puzzle board you HAVE TO collect 250 or more puzzles to complete this challenge
    Puzzle icon 2) Collect in one move 25
    You have to collect 25 the same puzzles in one stroke with the line.

HINT: use combo of tools to complete these challenges.

Hope it helps.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It's the weekend and finally going to have to start playing again now, have 25k gold and over 500 runes ready to finish the third place now.

12. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Can you give more details as to what new challenges/missions have been added?

13. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    #113 ATGames, Sep 12, 2015
    It's just to many changes. Game was completely rebalanced. More challenges "collect in one move", collect in one visit, new prices for buildings, new challenges for different puzzles. I would say - it's much more fun right now. More challenging and therefore worth to play again if you had beta.
    Best

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Has anything changed with iCloud or saving? In beta I had to stick to my iPad only as the time I opened it up on my iPhone it wiped my iPad save.

It's no big deal though it's better on the iPad anyway but sometimes when I'm out it would be nice to be able to open to collect.

15. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Yes I remember and sorry for it. If you installed newest update 1.0.2 there shouldn't be any issues with iCloud. Thank to you we've fixed it. Keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm still sacred to try! So it should sync between my iPhone and iPad seamlessly? Which save will it load from, my iPad is updated and loads my game.

Just that if I can get it on my phone too it'll make some iap make more sense. I always prefer an upload and download button as opposed to auto iCloud though.

17. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Yes, It should work seamlessly. The latest save should be downloaded from iCloud and sync your progress on iPhone. Algorithm is quite complicated and it compares a lot of things. One which is the major one is iAP purchase. So if you made any iAP purchase on your iPhone - the one with iAP will be the highest rated.
    If you didn't do any iAP purchases on any device it will take your level on consideration and if level is the same there are plenty of conditions which are compared. What you can do to be 100% sure: is to secure your game save by iExplorer and then try to sync. As they say - It's better to be safe than sorry. https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/.
    Give it a try.

18. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Using tools will let you save days when you are harvesting. Most of these challenge quests can be completed easily if you just use tools. Settling the third town was made easier with tools when I realized that I needed to clear 300 dirt "puzzles" in one mining session.

Loving this game. It is beyond generous when it comes to runes and gold.

19. Atharne

Atharne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    These IAPs are absolutely ridiculous. No, I DON'T want to pay $6.49 to be able to hold 5 more rakes. What a joke. I much prefer Puzzle Craft 1's model. Such a shame.

20. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    You don't have to. It's purely optional. I respect your opinion on this, however as devs we would appreciate if you pay something if you like the game. Right now game is around 50h of gameplay and huge amount of content to explore. We spent around 1.5 year to develop it and will be sustained for another year or more so obviously we need money to do that. Anyway... this is endless discussion so let's focus on game related questions. Cheers!