Universal Puzzle Craft 2 (by Chillingo, Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 17, 2015.

1. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #41 indalico, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    I've found the field in the 4th land to be harder than in the past. It starts out with only two seasons of 10 moves and Winter takes up 8 of the 10 moves. Oh and they have gone back to a 5x6 board. There is promise of shorter winters when buying a certain building.

The mines don't have any extra bit of evil, yet. Starting without extra benefit from the buildings may be the roughest part of it.

edit: From what I see the Village Hall comes up at level 40 so this area is actually smaller and spans only 10 levels.

2. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Right now it looks like the level cap is 40. While there is a 5th location to go to -- and can travel to craft items to unblock obstacles -- it's not playable yet judging by the message when I try to get in.

Hopefully this is close to getting out of soft launch.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm nowhere near that yet, haven't done too much on the third one still. It's just so draining doing the same thing over and over just to move to another village. I want an endgame village to work on, one I'll keep.

4. Dense

Dense Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Can I get a confirmation that the magic barrier is the end of the game (for now)? I finished the frozen settlement and am at level 40.

I ended up at 9000 gold, and only ever used the IAP to buy the 2x extra challenge. For runes, I ran the video player out and only ever used runes for buying extra workers (there were some exceptions like trying to get pie / milk - insanely hard as you need to save the field).

Trick to getting gold was to liquidate all your items at the market just before you moved to a new settlement. Getting from the 3rd settlement to the 4th increased my gold from 3k to 8k!

I never really bothered with influence, seemed unnecessary and just a waste of gold buying the flowers / statues.

Absolutely brilliant game though, much better than the first one and that was my favourite match 3 game of all time.

Highly recommend once this comes out of soft launch.

5. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Hello Guys,
    Thank you all for your input and feedback regarding the game. We will think about. There are some issues that will be resolved with global launch build and A LOT of improvement with UI. Yes - level 40 and 5 villages it's max for now, but we are aiming with new content soon after global launch (in September). So stay tuned.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    The game is constantly crashing for me right now. I am in the first village when logging in and it keeps crashing back to home screen.

7. ATGames

ATGames Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Hey Vovin. Long time no hear. Please send us your device specs at [email protected].
    It is high possibility that we've fixed that already since there was a huge improvement regarding crash rate with the newest version of the game which will be launch globaly.

8. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I just found out that there is a second one coming. LTTP I suppose. I loved the first one so much and completed the whole game. I am so excited for this new one. Thanks for making it!

9. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    What are new features?
    As far as I can see, PC2 using old assets.

10. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    There's a third location to visit for matching up stuff at the sea.

The farm area is different as there's different types of trees, grass, birds, and other things to unlock. Changing to a different item type changes how things go in the field, for better or worse.

It's a free to play game so some things are nerfed and it's harder to craft higher tier items unless I'm willing to spend some gold or runes. I've yet to collect any apples, cows, gold, or silver from matching stuff up and I hit the highest level the game currently allows and all locations unlocked. Hopefully things will be easier when this goes worldwide, not that I'm really counting on it.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #51 ste86uk, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Haven't played in a while but still have it installed and will certainly play again at some point. I was doing as you said also just before I build my final building in a settlement selling everything I could although it always stops me and doesn't let me sell everything.

It is a great game but it's just that it's so much harder to get certain items and the fact after I build up my town and it's all good I have to move on and don't really benefit anyway, as the gold income is low and nothing else really carries over to benefit you other than workers. I have 14k gold and 360 gems saved from occasionally opening the app to collect.

I did want to buy iap but had no luck getting a promo because they said I'm not in a softlauch country....although the promo works anywhere and I'm playing anyway

12. Kogepan

Kogepan Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I hit 40 a couple of weeks ago. Unlocked all the animals I can, as well as all the first level artifacts. Now stockpiling coin and runes, waiting for the new content.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Anyone know the original names for the first and second settlements? I changed them before realizing I didn't want to and now I don't know what they were called.

14. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Shipwreck and Garnstead.

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Out worldwide tonight

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand out worldwide now.

17. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Anyone know if the "magical barrier" is still there after town 4? Already played through the soft-launch, but would love more content.

18. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The barrier is still there. I looked around for a little bit and haven't seen anything different in this update. Probably some bug fixes and not much else.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm glad this is out world wide! This is probably overall, my #1 or #2 match3 game ever (would've been Hero Emblems but it got sooo hard near the end of the game that I'm a bit salty). This game has so much content it'll keep you busy for a very long time. Heck they should add a how long you played stat.

I guess I won't bother updating this game since it seems like it's exactly the same. I did wish they added some of the small changes I requested in the UI at least. Maybe I should go check for those.

20. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Woohoo!! Loved the first one. It's one of the few puzzle games that has a permanent place on my device :)