Universal Puzzle-Action RPG [Phobos Children] Beta - Looking for testers (and superplayers!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by danialias, Dec 22, 2016.

1. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    The game is pretty fun. And can get really challenging as it goes. Easy to learn and start playing. Can't really say it's hard to master as I feel it is more about reaction here.

One thing thou, I find the initial load time for the game is pretty Long. And not sure if it's just me the touch recognition could do some improvement / Optimisation has the tendency of not registering at times. Which is not a good thing for game like this that rely on touch and speed

2. danialias

danialias Active Member

Thank you very much for your feedback kopicha!

About the issues you found: the slow loading time is because yesterday we were updating the database preparing everything for the event, so the game refreshed it. It should load faster on your next login!

About the touch lag, is a problem we have on 3D Touch devices (iPhone 6S, iPhone 7) since iOS 10. It's like the iOS is taking longer to decide if the touch is a normal touch or a force touch, long enough to cause a lag on a fast paced game like ours. I'm afraid the only solution we have found so far is disabling temporary the 3D Touch (Settings -> Accessibility). You can disable it while playing harder stages, and put it back for normal use.

Sorry because we know this is not the best of the solutions. We are waiting for Apple on this one :(

3. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    NeeeeeeeeeeeeeWsssssss?!

=D
    Just basking here in the joy of all the awesome indie games released this past week..can't believe how many GOOD mobile games there are suddenly on the app store. I was pretty sure that Phobos would not be ready in time for apple's nod to indie game development, but I am hoping that official launch, or at least the final beta will released soon. I have finally scored perfect on all 14 area's and every single fight etc etc, exhausted all content and rewards pretty much...and it was of course a blast.
    So, any new info would be appreciated. Also, I am curious about episode 2. Will official launch only have the same 14 area's that beta currently has, or will and additional episode 2 and...dare I say..3 even be included right off the bat? I am definitely left wanting more.
    Thanks guys, doing great!
    Sid

4. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Buuump!

This thread needs some attention. Too bad this was not part of the special indie game release week =(
    Great game, awesome twist on the match 3 rpg genre. Kudos to these guys for breathing new life into this genre that has not seen anything fresh in a LONG while. Mentioning match 3 rpgs/genre and it needing new life breathed into it...the game called "Ticket to Earth," was released as one of the first indie game releases last week, and it is amazing, does GREAT things with the match 3 rpg genre..LOVE it. TtE does something quite unique, but...interestingly enough...very very different from what Phobos is doing, which is a good thing.
    Anyways, good things...good things...Namaste...j/k...don't feed a hipster

5. danialias

danialias Active Member

Sorry the long time without updates! But this is a big one :)

We are releasing Phobos Children tomorrow May 14th! We are participating in an event called Tokyo Indie Fest, and we will announce officially the launch there. Because we are only a team of four and we don't have any mean to promote ourselves, we need this kind of events to make some noise.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20170513003/

(second photo, can you read "Phobos Children"? :D)

Hope you can help us by sharing the game (if you like it, of course), any help is invaluable for us. Thanks in advance!

Leaving here our twitter accounts again, so you can follow the release:

@MiraiLabo (English)
    @PhobosChildren (Japanese)

6. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    #26 Tychaeus, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    These guys.....are SOOOO great.

I have had such a wonderful experience with this game dev team over the past year or so helping test their innovative and awesome game and giving literally MOUNDS of feedback. The feedback was sincerely received which was evident from regular contact and emails from Daniel himself. I can't recommend this game enough. It is good and includes some much needed innovation on the match three rpg front that is refreshing. You can tell a lot of love went into this game and you CAN'T tell that this is their first game nor that it's such a small team of devs. I have really enjoyed helping test and give my feedback after finishing the game and even a good deal of an entertaining event they hosted during the beta process. Annnd...I can't wait to do it all again and see how polished the final product came out.

Everyone really needs to check this one out, and give these guys a real chance. It is free to play, and not greedy at all, very fair system. They have a nicely balanced system that throws many free to obtain rewards your way throughout your time with it. Even premium currency is....almost too...freely given....but I never felt over powered or like the game was too easy. I even hit difficulty spikes that made me go back and farm xp and currency etc for a while. You can draw new heroes from a lesser and a premium currency draw. Heroes range from rank D to S, the better ranked one's even have powers you can activate, and they can be leveled up and their ranks increased. Please help support such a great game and team, they certainly deserve it! I really can't say enough lol. No, it's not the next best AAA mobile game, but it is MORE than worth your time and quite fun. I know I am going to purchase some premium currency just to help out and show my support, hope many of you here on TA forums will as well! I will definitely be eagerly following the official launch which is soon! Keep doing what you guys do, can't wait to see how the game progresses and even what you may have in store for us fans further down the line for your next (hopefully) project!
    Sid

7. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    I know it's just the first day of release or so...buut

Man this game reallllly needs and deserves some attention. I know if it could just find its way into some more mobile gamer's hands it would resonate with a lot of people. I am honestly surprised there isn't more of a following and more excitement about this game launch.

I am trying to spread the word and maybe keep this thread visible at least for a little while. Help spread the word and get more people to at least download and give this game a chance! These guys definitely need it and deserve at least a chance!

If you have already obtained the game and are playing, show a little support by posting some impressions!

8. danialias

danialias Active Member

Thanks for all your help Tychaeus!

Now that the game has been released, we have been featured on the main page and we have a new thread on the main forum. Let's move there to keep talking about Phobos Children :)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=305716

Looking forward to seeing you there!

9. KevinC120

KevinC120 Member

May 17, 2017
    This looks pretty sweet