Purchased app disappears from purchased items...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by TheMerc, Sep 9, 2012.

1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I believe this is the right section to ask this.
    Yesterday, I was checking my Purchases tab on iTunes (bear in mind, this is the tab which allows you to re-download your previously acquired apps), and noticed that an app I bought some time ago ("Television" by Mmstop, by the way) wasn't present there. I found it strange, since I have the app on my iPod Touch. After opening the private Purchases tab (this one refers to the section in your account page which records your purchases, prices and dates), the app was indeed bought and paid for.
    The problem I have now is that, even though the record of the purchase is there, for some reason the app has vanished from the Purchases tab, which would make it impossible to re-download if I ever needed to. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, did you manage to solve it?

2. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    If you can't find the app on the app store then it got pulled by Apple or the developer for any reason however if it still there my advice is to contact the support

[email protected]

Maybe you could get a refund or find out what's the problem

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Apple might've removed the app from the AppStore.

4. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    The app has indeed been removed from the App Store (don't know why I forgot to mention that in the first post). However, its removal happened a couple of months ago, and I have since downloaded the app a couple of times from the Purchases tab.
    I find this odd since its only with this one app that I have this issue. On that tab there are many since-removed apps, and I'm able to download those with no problem. I'm thinking of calling the Apple Customer Support line tomorrow and see if they can help me.

5. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    You can't get a refund after 3 months, FYI.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    If the app was removed you cannot find it by using the search option. You have to scroll and look fot it manually. Were you trying to use the search option?

7. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    No, I looked for it myself, near the apps I had bought in the same day I bought the vanished one.