Punk Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Nov 8, 2010.

1. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    #21 eyemh8, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
    i dont like much punk but here is a few bands that i do like

lagwagon- dont know if they do new stuff but i was way into them in like 95

social distortion- not the newer shit

melvins- i dont think they are punk though more doom/sludge metal but most people think they are and their albums with jello are awesome

Fugazi- really like these guys

there is more but punk fans already know more about this stuff than i do :)

and booch is right about the Beatles, they do suck. the only reason people believe otherwise is because brain washed hippies have been justifying their obsession for 40 years, and everyone thinks that they were geniuses witch is not true anyone that plays an instrument will say they were no Mozart when it comes to rock but they were the prettiest.

2. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Sweet 2 more people that like Oingo Boingo - way to be guys :)

I like The Beatles - not all of the music, but I definitely don't think they suck. Also they weren't very "pretty" as far as good looks go. Abbey Road is a desert island album for me.

As for brain-washed hippies - it is no different than any other brainwashed generation. I mean look at the kids today, there have been a few 90s babies hire on at work recently who actually talk in internet speak (lulz, whatevs, etc.). Not only that they actually think Katy Perry has talent... good golly I was appalled and afraid for the coming generations. :p

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    It's been a while since anyone posted here, but I'm in the mood for some good punk stuff. Anyone got anything for me?

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    What kinda punk you lookin for? Here are some suggestions otherwise:

This is just a random mixture of punk giblets. Leaving out many good ones but these are some of my favs.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #25 Somerandomdude, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    Ok, I'll break what you posted into 3 categories.

Good:
    Goldfinger
    Anti-Flag
    The Distillers
    Rise Against
    Bad Religion
    Rancid
    The Unseen

Not Bad:
    Misfits (although I liked that We Are 138 song)
    At the Drive-In
    Psychobilly
    Fugazi

Stuff I Just Didn't Like:
    Transplants (the video wouldn't load, but I've heard them before and suffice to say, I'm not a fan. At all.)
    12 Step Rebels
    Samhain III

Here's some examples of the kind of stuff I'm looking for:

I don't know too much punk music, but all I know is I want to listen to some more.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Good posts but other than other songs from those same bands, I can't suggest a whole lot of other stuff. Especially the Casualties (I hate them). I'll talk with a friend I have that I am seeing this weekend who is one of those street punk and oi music nuts. I don't like half of that shit sometimes but yeah he knows a lot of it. Try these guys out too:

7. Foe

Foe Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Tennessee
    The Dead Boys & UK Subs are two of my favorites. +1 for the Melvins too. I like the Melvins better live vs. their studio stuff though. King Buzzo, and his wall of sound, are best experienced in person.