Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Golden Boy, can you give me some details as to where it's crashing? Having trouble pinning this down so far, the info we've gotten back from people is pretty vague.

Will push a new update in a day or two once the issues are sorted out.

2. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    From what I can gather after multiple play throughs, it crashes after every completed run. For example: when all my hearts are gone and I have died, right before it goes to the result screen it crashes.

I was able to complete a few runs before this started to happen, right after I updated. However, since closing the app and reopening it to play some more, it now crashes after every run.

3. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Great, thanks. I have my suspicions that an interim build got submitted accidentally. Should have an update ready to submit in day or two.

4. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    It's funny just how often that actually DOES happen, a interim build accidentally being submitted. I've been beta testing iOS games for a few years now. Ever since TestFlight was introduced, I found developers reporting more and more of this happening. TestFlight should automatically delete a previous build when new test builds are created, lessen the confusion.

Just a thought =).

5. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    When customizing your character before this last update, your character would run in the background as you changed his/her items and colors so you were able to see those changes instantly. However, now, your character falls off a cliff in the background right away and you can't see anything when customizing.

It's quite funny to see, but annoying when you change outfits and colors a lot. Can this be fixed soon, please?

6. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    That's weird. I think I had seen that in the past but must have fixed it, as I can't reproduce it now. So then in that case, it's probably safe to say it will be fixed in the next update.

7. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    If you PM an email address I can contact, I have screenshots of what I'm talking about.

I've been able to find a work-around for the issues. If I start to customize in portrait mode, I've found that my character doesn't fall off a cliff, and I can then rotate it into landscape mode to finish off my customization. However, if I start the game in landscape mode and try to customize, my character falls off a cliff right away. This of course hinders my ability to change outfits often, one of the biggest draws for me to continue playing this game after so long.

8. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    It's cool, I know what you're talking about. And like I said, should be fixed for next update (whenever that is).

9. hugocaserta

hugocaserta New Member

Aug 20, 2015
    This only happens on horizontal screen. But you can view you character in vertical mode to choose colors, hats, etc...

10. hugocaserta

hugocaserta New Member

Aug 20, 2015
    What happens when u catch all Idols?

11. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    One does not do that.

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I wish there was a Punch Quest 2. I originally started plying this game when I had an android device. It's one of my all time favorite mobile games. I've spent so much cash in this game lol.

We all need to chant with pitchforks!

Punch quest 2
    Punch quest 2

Billy

13. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Apparently it didn't make much money. :(

It is a shame, because I love the game. It is on par with Jetpack Joyride as the best endless runner on Appstore, in my opinion.

14. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Actually I want to start on PUNCH QUEST 2 after Death Road to Canada is out. Going to start prototyping some of my ideas for it later this fall.

15. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Wow. Awesome news!

I really hope that you guys make a lot of money, since your work is great. This one is a gem and top of the genre on iOS.

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This is fantastic news! That game was a complete classic!

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That's TA front page material right there, assessment standards of news criteria notwithstanding!

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I spent $40 on the game. The reason is I'm old school. I'm used to paying for games. When I first started playing this game I enjoyed it so much I felt I needed to give back for such a fun experience. The fact that you can play a new experience everytime was just the icing on the cake.

They definitely made money from me. Unfortunately what sucked was when I moved over to the iPhone I lost everything. I just couldn't afford to spend what I needed to to get the game back to where I had it on android. I wish I could. I'd play it everyday. It's really an amazing game.

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh hell yeah! Hell effing yeah! I love you guys!

Billy

20. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I don't know exactly how much I have spent, but I have bought the puncho doubler and have donated a few times.

Never purchased any punchos since grinding (and it never felt boring) is part of the fun as I progress.