Universal Punch Club (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016.

1. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Hand of God sounds like a salty dev that doesn't wanna admit part of the game is flawed.

Ended up refunding the game and just playing my friends copy.

Slowly progressing but at a rate that's kind of making me realize I just don't wanna deal with the games limited build paths and sadistic "real life" grind.

2. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    #102 HeroComa, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Ahhh sorry, I forgot to mention that if you do the multitasking method you'll end up with a defeated by a thug type of effect when you enter any fights regardless of what the outcome is, but in this case you keep your money instead of losing it, buying you time to get whatever you need.

So what I usually do is farm money, get all the items that I need, and train at the gym or at home.
    If I get mugged I just do the multitask method until I can manage myself in street fights.
    Preferably I train after I lose half my money and regained my happiness meter.
    Makes my progress a little better.

3. sray

sray Member

Jan 15, 2016
    +1
    Fun and Addictive, but control is bit uncomfortable me.
    Does anyone else feel the same?

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I've been completely exiting the app in these cases with no adverse effects.

5. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Lol, no not a dev by any means. Just a gamer my friend that tells it how it is. Have u read all my posts in this thread. Commercial Union carpenter by day, gamer by night.

6. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Word!

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    You tried. Getting into 60% of the game, having a string a bad situations happen to you, and not being able to fully recover from it is an issue. I'm all for challenging games, but it's different when there's no way to recover unless you've been playing by 1 specific formula. This is a video game not a math problem.

8. clutch99

clutch99 Member

May 25, 2012
    I agree with many of the comments. I really *want* to love this game. The concept is great, graphics are wonderful. However, I found myself in a situation where I saved and saved for a piece of $250 gym equipment for my garage. Unfortunately, I ended up with no $$ for food, too hungry for work or sleep, and free food from Mick all used up. So where do I go from here? Seems like I'm doomed.

There's a big difference between challenging gameplay and hopelessness. This game seems to require a specific path to succeed, and any deviation ends in failure. Also bear in mind I'm already an hour or two into the game. Do I now just throw my progress in the rubbish and start over? Not an appealing option either.

9. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    Huh, it happens on mine for some reason. QQ

10. killa1500

killa1500 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Theres a solution. Go chill with roy. It slowly replenishes your hunger and energy meters. The downside is its very slow. U d have to wait for some time

11. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    #111 mcarthon, Jan 15, 2016
    How do I counter high agility? My strength is 10 agility 6 stamina 4

I keep facing this guy with 9 agility and I can't hit him. I went a whole round and only hit him once he dodged every other attack. And it always happens after I get his health down and I just need a couple good combos to take him out a he turns into floydmayweather an i can't touch him. Pretty frustrating any tips? Thanks

I'm 56-11 day 102

Just faced him again was pretty even into 2nd round even though I only hit him 3 times. Then all of a sudden he kicks me 6 times in a row without me even attempting to hit him and KOs me of course.

12. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I really love the game. But its a grindfest. I guess the devs paniced after the fast Twitch playthrough in 36 hours and changed the ballance. This was a wrong decision.
    Also it seems the devs put most ideas in the beginning of the game. Cause the end feels very empty. But im not finished yet. Because of the bug the game has.

My character is now Strength 15 ,Aggility 14 and Stamina 28. So i played for a while to see all kind of bugs and problems.

Bugs: After finishing two movies (alien/pirates) the "shoot a movie" option is bugged. Everytime i click on it it takes away money and stars but nothing happens. Very sad. Cause in the end of the game you need stars instead of money to fight opponents and you get stars mostly by shooting movies. Also shooting movies is the only way to achieve more points for unlocking more in the talent tree.
    Right now the game is just grinding and waiting.

Ios 8.2 ipad air

13. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Look on the kicks and punches you have and find the one with the highest accuracy. (All punches and kicks have stats: Strength/Accuracy/Power Usement.) Use for high aggility oponents one Kick or Punch with high Accuracy. All other slots should be passive Powers or a block. So that you will have biggest chance to hit your oponent.

14. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just feel like I'm tackling this the wrong way?
    I've eaten three or four rotten burgers.
    I'm realizing you're just gonna have to take a loss sometimes to get your happiness back up to get back into the work/workout grind. (Or do you?)

The progression is just, I don't know, it's way too unforgiving. Literally real life.
    There needs to be a slight readjustment on either happiness or stat decay, at the moment it's just mind numbing. It's not difficult, it's not challenging it's just plain tedious.

I've played Darkest Dungeons since alpha and it's so far been a bit more enjoyable in every department (I didn't kill my first boss for 4 months)

15. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    how do you open up more slots than your initial 2?

16. dondo

dondo Member

Mar 28, 2015
    I really really want to like this game. It scratches all of my itches but I hate hate losing progress on stats because I am forced to grind money for food. I get it's realistic and you get perks to limit the loss and all that but this implementation is a little unforgiving.

17. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Hey thanks I finally got past him once I actually started hitting him kod him in first. I'm at the point now here I don't really have to work anymore once I got deeper into ultimate tourneys. I still work tho so I can build back up ,h happiness hanging with Roy! Haha.

Great game it's very tough in the beginning, but def worthwhile

18. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    What's this about not having to work?

19. eventide

Jun 17, 2012
    I HATE the drop off in stats from day to day. Really unfair and unrealistic especially if you're training regularly.

20. eventide

Jun 17, 2012
    #120 eventide, Jan 15, 2016
    Yeah I'm done with the game until they balance it. I mean I love the dark souls series for craps sake but this game is just too much of a grind to be worth my time...didn't mean for that to rhyme..

A friggin grocery store steak costs 20$ Good lord..nope.
    Grocery store pizza 9$? Wrong.
    A once a week gymbership for maybe 20$ would make more sense as well.
    15$ to hit pads? Christ on a bike.

Also when I fight a character with stats of 2-5-4 and I have 5-10-6 with more hit points and higher hit rate I should never lose..especially when I'm in way of the tiger with agility buffs to match my 10 agility. It's just not balanced. Not sure what kind of rolls are going on behind the scenes for fights but the dice are loaded.