Universal Punch Club (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016.

1. killa1500

killa1500 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    You can't choose a starting perk in ios, for example

2. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh I didnt know that. But can you select one at some point during the gameplay?

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How do I advance mick route? He doesn't want to talk to me. I done everything including ripping the crocodile head from pizza underground.. And also the robber in grocery

4. Thomadaneau

Thomadaneau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Digital marketing consultant
    I second that

5. Thomadaneau

Thomadaneau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Digital marketing consultant
    It's not that it's not fun... It's just the game keeps throwing difficulties at you so you will only progress at snail pace. You have to do the same thing again and again just to make a couple bucks because the moment you worked too hard to afford food your stats for low and a thief stole half your money. So you have to do it all again. After that it happens right again the day after.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #86 H4nd0fg0d, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Couldn't have been more wrong. This game freakin rocks. Nothing hard about it. It's not rocket science. With the key insight in this thread I've been completely destroying so far. Def *****.
    All previous statements detracted. Big ups, TinyBuild!

7. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    How do I train a specific stat? Gym equipment only way?

And also I did a training. And after it said I lost my half my money. How is that possible? Basically crippled my game had to start over.

Wouldn't mind seeing some balancing as well. Just a little.

8. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Yes, purchase gym equip. Treadmill for stamina, speed bag for agility and bench for strength. Push-ups for overall. Work the construction job, eat meat, train, talk to all ppl, and as prescribed by HeroComa and others don't enter organized matches until you have an attribute at lvl 5. After which more skill points and specific skills will become available.

9. Hoot3000

Hoot3000 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    #89 Hoot3000, Jan 15, 2016
    Game is tough. Get over it. Not everything in life is easy. Play the game get your but kicked start over try a different strategy. Tons of fun. Lots of different ways to play. Don't make it easier!! then what will we do when we beat it? If you want easy pay to win go to clash of clans.

I love all the references in this game. Named a character rocky and the game started me out with no blocking option hahaha. Love it.

This is the kairosoft game I have been wanting. I love their games but they are too easy. I would love to have this games mechanics on a racing team owner game. Struggling race car driver. Sign me up lol.

10. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya agree. Game is an epic beast.

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The issue isn't the difficulty, the issue is there is a possibility to get stuck in a gameplay loop and have your game ended.

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Things I found out after I started.
    Mick gives you Four or five meals if you are hungry .
    You can work, work out at home instead of paying for gym , but certain groceries, and sleep . Do all of this over and over to build stats before getting to far in fighting.
    Basic moves won me fights faster than complex moves that burned more stamina.
    The gyms builds more stats faster but costs way more and the snack machine costs way to much for food that has way less stats so it's better to do the grind I posted above.

13. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Very very easy to avoid. Really a non issue. Poor choices yield poor results and the choices are pretty simplistic.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #94 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 15, 2016
    According to devs, that was fixed. Check image attached. Are you talking about a different loop?
    EDIT: on a sidenote, I guess I'll have to wait to buy it. Devs state in the app detail that there's an iPhone 4 & 4S scaling bug which is being fixed and ask us to wait for the fix before buying :-/

Attached Files:

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi guys
    There's a nasty bug in the game.. If u encounter this delete the save and replay.. My first game u played until 200 days end up with robo gang.. But my mick route couldn't proceed.

I replayed and got a strong leg perk.. This time everything went as per scripting think.. Mick will talk to u.. Give u food.. Intro gym.. And when the next event trigger at apu place u get the pizza.. Previously I got the pizza out of no where... And mick route couldn't proceed..

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Again, it is very easy to fall into this loop. The funny thing is, I never even explained which one it was. I would love for you to explain which one in talking about, though.

17. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    #97 H4nd0fg0d, Jan 15, 2016
    Speaking specifically, I personally haven't fallen into your unsaid nonspecific loop. I figured that in theory one could simply run their characters limited assets into the proverbial ground. So ya kno your funny thing, well it's really not that funny at all.

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does it have cloud saving so I can transfer the game progress on a different device?

19. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonderful game. No idea how you could get stuck in a loop unless you are god awful. I usually have 6 meats in my fridge and extra cash for the gym before even halfway through the game. It's simple once you get the hang of it and the only real problem is stat burn could use a nerd but even then the game tells you not to focus on all three which makes it easier

20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    Great!
    i've emailed the devs and posted yesterday (a couple of pages back) about the issues, hope they'll fix it, i like this game.