Universal Punch Club (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Maybe. Enjoying it at this time. :)

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks, rezn. So great. ;)

3. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    I cant open the menu with the hand icon. Whats that menu?

4. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    Day 40, stats 1-3-1, broke, hungry, unhappy, tired, unhealthy with broken arm from ultimate fight and all i have to eat is one rotten burger. Maybe I'll start over. Impossible to come back from this :(

5. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    LOL that's bad

6. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    #66 j.e3diu, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Day 45.

Stats 1-2-1. Still hungry, unhappy, tired and unhealthy. BUT I got 20 bucks from an ultimate fight which opened my old wound so now I can at least eat real food and not pick up those rotten burgers from the trash. Not giving up yet.

Day 47

Too tired to work. Can't find burgers anymore. Decided to run around map to make time go by to the next ultimate fight so I can eat. It'll open up my old wounds but it's worth the cash.

7. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Are there any alternate skins/ outfits for the character?

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    What you need to do is remove the restriction on working, if you're hungry or sleepy. That's the stupid thing that messes this game up and puts you into the gameplay loop. I go to work sleepy and hungry all the time, all people do, you could just make it so work goes slower and you gain less strength the hungrier or sleepier you are.

9. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    #69 HeroComa, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Here's some good tips if you're broke, hungry, and need some insurance.

Bonus: focus on working before you start the story.

1. If you're both broke and hungry talk to Mick, he'll give you a meal to start yourself up to either sleep or work enough to get you money to buy food.

2. Rush to the upgrades of "Do Not Fall Down", "Meat Runner", and "Muscle Memory" to stay in rank 4 in all attributes (will not go under 4)

3.If you're in a bind when venturing the map and you encounter a thug that you can't beat, just go to the multitasking screen, kill the app, and re-enter it, repeat if you keep getting mugged.
    WARNING:
    Don't get into any fights otherwise you'll lose half your money, just farm, and get whatever you need before attempting to do any type of battles, sparring included.

4. If you're unhappy (0-60%), you can eat the Shrimp Pizza or chill with Roy (after you aquire him) to quickly revive your happiness.
    Fighting is also good just be cautious in Ultimate and streets.

5. Ration, ration, ration your foods.

6. Use Roy to train with to either spar or give you a boost for training in the gym.

7. Choose a path, trying to be an all arounder is extremely hard to manage in the beginning, this is better to do when you're in a more higher pace to do this.
    I recommend maining Agility, a bit of Stamina, and a hair of Strength.

Good Luck!

10. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Cheers thought it was a flaw (might wait for the update)

I've started agin twice first had strong legs then get told I'm thin. Also notice different skills each save the first time I started I had all 4 unlocked next just attack moves

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, agree whole heartedly.

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

That's a bummer. I was super excited coming into this thread, and now I am sad. I'll keep an eye out and pick it up if an update is made, at least make he "hardcore" mode a difficulty toggle.

My life is crazy and stressful enough, I don't think I want that in my games, or at least I want to toggle it on/off.

13. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    This game is very topical for me right now. I'm an amateur Muay Thai fighter and am getting ready for my first title defense in February! I have 10 lbs to lose before I can even make my weight cut and I'm at work right now stressing out over missing training

14. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Can I use your testimonial on the store page? :D

15. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    Hahaha ok sure

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game brings so much to the table . It is strategy , simulation, management, fighting, and a whole lot of fun.
    The best part for me is that it is not simple and fast.
    You must work for your stats , leveling, and progress.
    A lot of people thought it was going to be a simple fight and win and I'm done.
    I had high hopes for this game and it exceeded them all.
    I can't tell you how fun this game is for me.
    Earning money and balancing my stats is a perfect and unique feature that I haven't witnessed from any other game.
    You can't just max out your stats and dominate the game . That would be boring.
    If you ever wanted a life of a figher simulator before then here it is. You are going to have your mind blown!
    I hope to see more unique themes with this same build from this developer.
    This is by far the game of the year for me. It's only January but I can see myself playing this until next year.

17. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    A few quick questions:

- How do you unlock more skill slots to equip to combat? Don't feel like the game ever mentioned how.
    - Is there any better food options besides the slab of meat at the grocery store? Everything else just seems way too expensive.
    - Does it make sense to grind away and buy gym equipments vs going to the gym?

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    How long can these iOS updates take? From what I've read it seems we're missing quite a bunch of things from Steam on the iOS version, but I'll stand corrected though...

19. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm not seeing any features thats been left out of the iOS version. Could you outline a few of them that you've encountered?

20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

hi Alex, did you get my email with the pics & issues? i've sent it to [email protected] is it right?