Universal Pumped BMX 2 (by Yeah Us!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    So are you guys a fan of the band Foals? You used them in one of your videos. I wish they were in the actual game soundtrack.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm struggling for some reason. I finished the LOCAL part with 100% challenges and first two parts of the FLOW, but there are Log Ride and The Mine and doesn't matter how much I'm trying I can't even finish those because I can't jump that high or far. What am I doing wrong? Is there a trick? I remember some notification about quickly tilting my device before the jump itself (left or right) for some sort of boost, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong because it doesn't work. I loved the first rookie stages, it was fun and everything but right now it's just frustrating instead. Suddently I can't even finish the stage? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

3. BombenBob

BombenBob Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Try to hold pump when you're still in the air above the ramp until the point where you leave the ramp and you should jump much higher. It needs a lot of timing but I just finished both of them.
    Greetings

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Also if you tilt your device to the left before jumping you go higher and if you tilt it right your go faster and further but not as high. You'll know if you've tilted it correctly because it will say boost on the screen.

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #45 macplash, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    I'm trying to quickly tilt my device to the left just the moment before leaving the ramp, sometimes it helps, but I'm not sure about it. I switched from my iPhone to iPad and I was able to finish previous levels, not all the hard challenges yet, but easy and medium mostly. So it seems the bigger screen giving me the better control, at least if feels like it.
    I'll try what you said and we'll see if it works for me, thank you.

EDIT: Sexy Pirate, you posted your comment while I was writing mine, so I have to say I'm defitintely doing it wrong because I didn't see the "boost" sign even once:-/

EDIT2: OK, I see it know! it says "boost" when I tilt left and "racer" when I tilt right. It's kinda small title, I might have missed it before. So I believe it works and that's the reason I'm sometimes able to finish the stage. Thanks guys!

6. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I don't find you need to quickly tilt just before you leave. The way I do it is hold the tilt when I'm going up the ramp until I take off. Maybe just practice on some of the easier levels until you get used to using the tilt. There did seem to be a jump in the difficulty where you went from not having to use it at all to then having to use it all the time.

7. CookingPie

CookingPie Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Enjoying this game!
    But stuck on the level: local / dune / hard
    Where you need to do a bar spin nose manual bar spin .
    Is the only place to do this right at the beginning of the course?
    If not where's the best place and how?
    Thanks

8. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Have the devs ever talked about mfi controls? Looks like a great game but injury has led me away from touch controls.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've fired this baby back up in anticipation of its release on the Vita. I had forgotten how much fun and at the same time frustrating this game can be, love it.

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I bought the game at launch and only just started playing last weekend :)
    I loved the first one and this one is equally enjoyable. Lots of replay value with the various mission.