Universal Pumped BMX 2 (by Yeah Us!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, this thread is awfully barren for a stunningly great game that is getting TONS of praise! I'm going to do more of the same ;) I only played part 1 a few times and never really got into it. I think I got it free at some point, so I figured what the hell, three bucks for this one wouldn't kill me and lo and behold this game is pretty badass. No regrets here, am very happy to own this.

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I never really got into the first one, how does this compare?

3. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    For me, the difference is huge. This one plays more naturally as far as ease of doing tricks, spins and flips. I thought the first was fairly complex and rigid whereas this one seems way more fluid and forgiving. Plus, there is so much to do here there's a leaderboard for every level, many missions for each level, achievements and also three difficulty settings for each. Annnnd the graphics are fabulous ;)

4. sugimulm

Ok! Damn it Rich, spending my money AGAIN, lol. Thanks bud, I trust your taste, will buy! Thanks again buddy!

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've been playing this quite a bit. I %100 the first game and so far got %100 on the first two locations and I'm loving the sequel its a vast improvement over the first game. The controls seem smoother and the graphics are great. Liking the the fact there's double the amount of tricks you can pull off and the levels are pretty sweet with plenty opera unity of manuals and stuff. All round a fantastic game and imo best box game on the App Store.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    No probs ;) report back when you've had a play. I'll give you a chance to spend my $$$, pm me any recommendations you've got.

7. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Thought I would give this a spin after reading some of the nice comments here and watching the trailer.

Just 1 thing to say - this game is utterly amazing!

And another thing it's great how they made it look realistic in the way the bike performs but cartoony and forgiving just the right amount. Very well done.

Loads of content for the entry price too. Epic stuff!!

8. sugimulm

Wow! Rich, you are right, highly polished and much bette than the first. Every aspect seems far more improved! Loving it and especially on my 6 plus! Thanks dude and will return the favor one day!

9. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Check out one of my recordings :)

10. sugimulm

Nice!

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Let me start off by saying GET THIS GAME!

Anyway, I have a few minor desires for this game that in no way detract from the enjoyment I'm having.

One thing that just feels missing is bike/rider sounds. I would just like to maybe hear a slight tire-to-ground sound. And a bit of feedback from my Pumped dude would be appreciated too. Like I said these are minor things but could enhance the overall experience.

The one other thing is customizations. I want more bikes/riders. That, I think is always going to be the case with a game like this that I'm loving. I'd prefer to be able to unlock new outfits and bikes as I play along. I'm probably in the minority on that one and I see what Adam did here, giving the full premium experience with all bikes and riders available out of the gate. I guess I'm just used to a certain unlock formula on iOS ;)

Anyways I'm loving this and I can see hours and days of playing in my future. I even reinstalled Pumped 1 to give it another chance.

12. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm dying to play this, I have the first one (I think I got it in a freebie) only reason I've not dloaded yet is I'm saving a few purchases for my holiday (I'm not gonna be able to buy anything for almost two weeks as I don't have a roaming plan and no wifi at hotel) and I know if I buy it now I'll not be able to wait.

I'm glad to see the tilt has improved, I had a little to of the first one earlier and look forward to seeing what they've done with the sequel.

13. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    To take full advantage of the video recoding function id like to see a high jump/long jump and maybe best trick level (like a mega ramp)
    This game is fantastic.

14. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#34 Anotherkellydown, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Ok, I will!

This was one of three premium games I was really interested in this week. The other two were "Air Supply - SOS" (nominated for GOTW) and Cosmophony (it was pretty good but VERY HARD, need to spend some more time with it).

Just needed that extra push from my trusted TA friends. :) *heads over to the app store*

Edit: Just completed the "Starter" level. Already seems like a solid game that will have unlimited replayability. Glad it's on my device.

I head over to the leaderboards and there's Jared with an insanely high score on the first level! This is gonna take a lot of patience!

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I can already tell this is a high quality game, but bike sounds (landings, spin and flip 'swooshes' etc.) would make it a little more immersive.

That said, there are so many trick gestures to focus on, not to mention the tilting to flip, and insane amounts of various trick options, that it's not too noticeable if you're zoned into completing the goals/getting a high score.

Highly recommended!

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Is it me or is this one a lot tougher than the first?? Lol, I'm struggling on this one for some reason!

16. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Bar spin ice pick tobaggon.. Impossible

17. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    #37 Sexy Pirate, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Oh no it isn't, I remeber that challenge and you do it right at the start of the level, you might have to use the tilt before take off to get a boost/racer but it's definitely possible.

Edit: if I remember right after that challenge the next one is bar spin - ice pick - backflip :D

18. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    This is my progress so far.

Attached Files:

19. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    enjoying this so far - struggling with a couple of tricks on the early stages - but its good fun. well worth the $3

20. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Well can anyone else count? I've got 100,100,100,78,26 challenges done and still have unlocked the extra grinds in the menu that says "unlocked after completing 400 challenges? This sucks man I want those extra grinds unlocked. :mad:

Attached Files: