Universal [PULLED] The House of the Dead: Overkill- The Lost Reels - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    @Deadcandance:i've an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.3,and Now 6.1.4,after finish the first 2 chapters,and unlocked tap shoot option,when i play the 2 level of NAKED TERROR,after a short,crashes and the app closed,but without using tap shoot,i use virtual pad,i think it's a OS problem,or a bug,i don't know what idevice you use and what iOS version you running,i found other bugs..when i buy the gadgets for the weapons:Love GUN, ninja stars,and vectormen for minigun,you can disable or enable,but do the contrary,if you disable,the effects works,if you enable doesn't work, for have that effect permanent,you have to' choose disable!

2. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    @Metalcasket: Dude, do you know if are planned other chapters via IAP?

or if there's any news about it?

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Haven't heard anything about new chapters.
    It would be nice of they added some.

4. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    #144 dexter77, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
    Should be cool if some moderator could write to SEGA asking for informations...there's so much potential in this game in terms of fun but it's so short....at least this was my impression after completing the game and every single achievement (3h and 50 min.)...

and also, yes! the replayability factor is huge but definitely it needs at least three times more of the default chapters!

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    #145 November's Chopin, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
    Surprisingly this game is actually really good. The controls, even the slide-to-aim one, is very good and easy to get used to. I have this game for the Wii and it's one of those games where you absolutely hate the story/voice acting/dialogue (no I don't think parodies involving swear words in every single sentence is "amusing") but the gameplay is very nice. Unfortunately the Wii version's money system is completely messed up where it's entirely possible to not be able to afford all the weapons, as the game only gives you money if you beat your previous high score. If your score is already the highest you can achieve then you're pretty much screwed.
    Best weapon to get a high score is the auto-shotgun. It has a larger hit area and thus easier headshots. Upgrade ammo limit first as it has a very low ammo magazine, then upgrade reload time, then upgrade steady-aim, then if you have too much money then upgrade the damage, which is pretty much useless as headshots kill in one shot anyways. You can maintain a steady stream of headshot score multiplier easily with this weapon if you just aim anywhere near the head. Don't even bother getting the auto weapons (machinegun etc), those completely ruin your headshot chains. I pretty much beat the entire Wii version only using shotgun, not even the pistol.

6. jeStR65

jeStR65 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    LOL! I was stuck in a glitch on the screamer boss...I beat her bad but somehow the level didnt end and we kept fighting and weren't doing any damage to each other lol had to quit cause it was a endless loop update!! Love the game haven't played a game on my iPhone in while like this one lets get crackin on some new levels! :D

7. jeStR65

Nov 18, 2012
    Happen to me a couple times just replayed the level and it worked just sucks to kickass and at the end of the level get booted lol :D

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I wish I knew dude. :( Considering how tiny the app is, I would hope it would double or triple in size with new levels...but I guess that would ultimately come down to whether or not the app is a success in its current state, right?

9. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Looks like this is on sale for $2.99.

10. TangentWorlds

TangentWorlds Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Ugh way too soon for a sale.

11. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I agree

12. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I think it's a bug that I met too.
    After I finished Naked Terror, I go back to fight Level 2 Boss.
    I can damage her now.:p

13. supaman900s

supaman900s Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Having trouble on boss #2.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ a maxed assault rifle should do the trick on any boss. if you need money play area 2 level 1.

15. jeStR65

Nov 18, 2012
    Uodate??? Please?! I love this game lol I want a update :(

16. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Ya new levels would be nice

17. best

best Well-Known Member

99c now! Not sure if I'll get it but I'm sure other would like it.

18. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Is this basically an arcade game like the older ones, where you go through the same 2-3 levels over and over trying to get higher scores? Gave this one a miss at release so don't know anything about it really

19. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It's been UPDATED,the bad new it's that has been UPDATED cause it's now FREE,and the're a new enviroment:
    DISCOVER THE LOST REELS
    ▪ Experience 3 goregasmic worlds full of carnage in Story Mode.
    ▪ In Papa’s Palace of Pain, Ballistic Trauma, and Jailhouse Judgement, you’ll be screaming ‘til your last breath.
    ▪ Down and dirty DLC featuring a new environment and two new playable characters.
    Well,JAILHOUSE JUDGMENT it's new,I buy this game at launch,in one day I earned all the game center achievements,I buy the DLC NAKED TERROR,I've all the weapons maxed out,all the gadgets,I've nothing more to do,except this new environment,but my fear now it's update this game,becoming free,how they change the balance to earn money?to upgrade the weapons,someone have already updated?

20. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I only played this new one so I can't say about balance. You can earn kash now by watching full-screen video ads that last 10 or 15 seconds or so. These pop up after you die and after each level.

Yep.

You can also watch them from the main menu, earning 100 kash per video.

It seemed like a cool game but I'm done with this kind of ad-infested stuff. There's plenty more games I can play that don't insist on taking me out of the game to watch ads for some stupid freemium farm simulator game. This should have been a seperate "lite" version release.