iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. jamsoft

jamsoft Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Level Cap 25 Bug

FYI, I'm at the level 25 cap (running v1.1) and the game crashes whenever an enemies health is near death.

I see that others were having this problem with v1.0, anyone still having it too after the v1.1 update?

Thanks,
    Jam

2. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    #162 amn624, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    Who cares? After all my harping and complaining early on about the text, I am addicted. Level 18 now, so it'll be a while till I get to 25 and by that time, maybe chapter 2 will be out. There are still text issues but the game is awesome.

3. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Did anyone see the 1.2 update?

4. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    It's up on iTunes but I'll wait until I see responses to this. I'm eager to see any improvements, but jic there are problems with the update, I'd rather see what others think about the update. Too much time invested in my character to endure any risk!

Fire away.

5. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Dedicated update thread here.

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    :)

I'm still playing now and then even if I finished the whole game and reached the level cap weeks ago...as a matter of fact I find hard to play any other game I already have (I do not know why, I do not find 'that' kind of involvement in other games any more).
    I STRONGLY hope the next chapter will be up soon...the game ends when things (story wise) get really interesting imho.
    I still thing the game should have been out in 1 big piece instead of 3 chapters...(maybe they were waiting for the Premium App Store).

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Arg, that's bad!
    Did you try to email Transgaming directly from the iPhone support page?
    I did (asking for next chapter release dates) and got a reply in no time (no date unfortunately).
    Let us know if you can solve the problem!
    Personally I'm WAY beyond the level cap, already finished the main quest, and fortunately did not have that problem (never had a crash btw).

One thing I noticed...we (rightly) always spoke about problems with the game...I would like to use this space saying something I NEVER saw in ANY reviews of the game (and in any review of almost ANY game, for the matter) that is VERY IMPORTANT for my iPhone: is it me or this particoular game is REALLY REALLY LIGHT on battery usage?
    I can play for hours with a really low impact on my phone battery.
    That's good, very good.

8. corpsicle

corpsicle Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I also had problems with the game crashing when enemies health goes down.
    I had not reached the levelcap ( think i was around 20 ).
    Eventually i started a new character and i hope the 1.2 update fixed the crashing problem so i can finish the chapter with this character.

9. jamsoft

jamsoft Member

Feb 11, 2009
    1.2 Update Does NOT fix crashing

Bummer. . .

The v1.2 update does NOT fix the level 25 cap bug. I can train mounts, but that's about it. Instant action, repeat quests, and side quests all crash when the enemies health reaches near death.

Very frustrating since I'd like to finish the side quests. :mad:

10. jhould

jhould New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Price drop?

Looks like I started a new thread instead of posting here in the first place. sorry! noob mistake I guess. Anyway, I head that chapter 2 was going to come out as a free update? Can anyone confirm? I don't see any mention of this on the website.

11. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    They said they would have "a downwards pricing model," but I'd be surprised if downwards meant free. Best bet, probably $7 for Chapter 2 and $4 for chapter 3.

12. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    If it was cheaper though, wouldn't people be compelled to buy the new one and not the old one?

13. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    My understanding is that you need Chapter 1 in order to play 2, etc. That's why there's a Chapter 1, a 2 and a 3. Like a book.

14. AznChaos

AznChaos Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
  15. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
  16. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
  17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
  18. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    Can anyone here who's played the PSP and iphone versions tell me how they compare? I'm pretty sure this game is worth 10 dollars for most people here but are the graphics just as clear and vibrant to look at? Yeah, yeah I know it's the gameplay that matters the most but I do think in this case the graphics and special effects makes this game more engaging to play!

19. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    This was the thing that made me buy PuzzleQuest.

For a long time I didn't understand PuzzleQuest, then I downloaded the Puzzle Quest galactrix-thingy demo for PC... And it was AWESOME

When thinking back on it, it was really simple, I collected power to fire off different engines or turrents.

Now I decided to go with PuzzleQuest and I don't understand peoples complains! As far as I can see the story is even a bit interactive as it seems I released some kind of evil into the land where I could have chosen to place it somewhere else. After playing Fallout 3 I can't back into the role as "nice guy" ;P

Im really happy with it! Im just a bit scared its a too big game, like if i stop for a month its gonna be hard to get back into, but so far, Im really pleased!

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    While loving the game in its very first incarnation (updates has really made the game almost perfect imho) I was a bit skeptical about Transgaming commitment on the Apple App Store.
    I'm really happy to be proven utterly wrong and I really appreciate these smart moves (significant updates, lite version and a free next chapter policy).
    I really hope that all this will generate some hype around the game, making review sites re-valuate the product (initial reviews surely have kept away many from the game) and finally letting the game place where imho it belongs: on the top 10 AppStore RPG/Adventure/Puzzle list.
    I will surely monitor every App Store release by Transgaming from now on.