iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. CrispsInnOut

CrispsInnOut Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I have this on the 360, and I enjoyed it.
    I'm tempted to pick it up, but I'll wait until I've used all my money on booze from now and up til January the first to see if I can afford it.

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    No, unfortunately I don't have Samurai Puzzle Battle.

And yeah, I knew all that, but most of the game is based on something similar to Bejeweled, correct?

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah its a match 3 game, but still this is so much fun. :)

4. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    So I bought the game, and have never played Puzzle Quest before. And while I do see all of the negative points people have brought up in this thread about this port of the game... hands-down this is the most fun I've had with my iTouch since i got it. I have over 200 games already (a bit addicted to the app store, yes) and this is the very first time i'm losing sleep to play anything on this platform. This one's a winner in my book, regardless of its flaws. I just hope chapters two and three are both cheaper and more refined. But if not, I'm still buying all three.

5. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    qftw!

Man, I can't stop playing this game! I had to start over though because the Warlock sucked but now I play as a Wizard and I'm kicking ass thanks to the Fireball spell. :D

Also I don't know if anyone already mentioned this but the iPhone version of PQ seems to include the expansion Revenge of the Plague Lord because it includes the Ranger, Rogue, Bard and Warlock.

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Wizard here too! :D

It's an awesome game (tho it could have a better interface - e.g. text font size).

7. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Had it on the DS and the PSP, and never got into it. I'm thinking whether or not I should buy it.

8. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    You know the game.

I'm loving playing it in my iPhone! :cool:

9. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    PQ was one of those games I honestly TRIED getting into, but never did. Someone told me it was a mix between Heroes of Might and Magic and Bejeweled, and I thought "well can't go wrong with those two!"

Got both the DS and the PSP version, and never played more than an hour. I just flat out didn't find it fun.

10. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I bought it and I have never played it before... Hopefully it is fun enough to engage me on my flight from Tampa to Vermont... I also purchased Alternate Endings...

11. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I don't get it. How do you cast spells? What do you cast spells on?

I don't have this yet, but I am a fan of Aurora fient and I kinda thought this was similar to that but now there is all this talk of spell-casting. What is a fireball spell? Is it just like a power-up block that blows a chunk of the board away? What do the classes matter? What is a mount for?

12. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Here you go Alex: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puzzle_Quest

It's not dissimilar to Aurora Feint... just much much better. I liked AF too... until I played this.

Also, Wizard here as well. Try Web > Flaming Skulls > Hand of Power > Fireball. Serious Damage.

13. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    And don't forget Heat Sink to get that mana quicker.

14. VirtualAlex

Dec 6, 2008
    Wow sounds like fun. Maybe I should grab this up.

15. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Yes. It's a great game.

- you can improve your player in several ways that will directly reflect in the gameplay (e.g. more chance to get another turn)
    - you can match manas (the colored stones) in order to use them in a spell later
    - or you can match manas to avoid your opponent gets them and use a powerful spell against you
    - you can match to kill (skulls)
    - you can match to increase level (purple flower or something)
    - you can match to get money and buy additional stuff to your player that will also reflect directly in the gameplay

And when you're improving your player skills you see something like 1.5% more chance to... So it's very detailed.

It's a rich content game.

Give it a chance to know it and you'll have a lot of fun after all. :)

16. VirtualAlex

Dec 6, 2008
    Yeah I looks fun but it's 10$ and all this talk of it being a bad port is kinda throwing me off. I am considering waiting for "chapter 2" or whatever and hoping they make it more "for iphone" rather than ported to iphone. I will check out some gameplay videos right now.

17. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    well the choice you have to do is quite obvious...

This is an inferior port or a MAJOR game IMHO:)

so if you own a DS, a PSP or a 360 just grab it immediately ;)

if you are stuck with your iphone as only gaming device, you have no reasons except sparing money to not grab it ;)

18. VirtualAlex

Dec 6, 2008
    Interesting point. Well I do have an xbox, but I will not be playing puzzle games on my xbox ever. Well AppVee said it's a must have, and people here seem to enjoy it. Man I am really getting killed on these apps!

19. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    #79 drixz, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    My lvl8 warrior just... vanished

I finished playing puzzle quest last night, customized my lvl 8 warriors attribute points and then went to bed.

And I woke up this morning, fired up puzzle quest and to my surprise.......

ALL SAVED FILES ARE GONE!

Has anyone experienced this before ? Or is it just me?

20. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    It should have been saving your character to the server. That's the only way to transfer data to later games. Did you allow it so save to the servers when you first started playing?