iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    This is still such a great game, and the update is brilliant. It looks so much better now that it finally performs well (for the first time ever.)

2. Tomboi

Tomboi Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    I like this quest! I would love to try!

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    It doesn't say if they fixed that or not. Just says "Bug fixes" on the changelog.

Pretty much, yeah. It plays in order one after the next.

4. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Wauw,excellent update,and to think i threw it off my iphone 4 just a few weeks ago due to the horrible graphics.
    As far as i can tell this is what changed:
    -retina graphics (really looks lovely now)
    -game speed setting option (low,normal,fast)
    -overall way better performance

I'd really had given up hope to ever see an update on this one,and pq2 is just too slow of pace.
    Back to singin' songs with my bard now,yeah!

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Since I've never owned either, what is the difference between the Transgaming-produced PuzzleQuest and Namco's Puzzle Quest 2? Is one significantly better than the other, are they especially different, etc? I'm considering going all in on this one with chapters 1 & 2 and getting 3 as IAP, but the other one looks really good, too. Color me, um, puzzled. :p

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, the Namco-produced one is this one's sequel. :p

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    So it would basically be the same as Chapter 2 of this one, then? Sorry, just trying to figure out why there would be two of the exact same game and if so, which one's better, lol.

8. krautboy

Apr 20, 2011
    #708 krautboy, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    Puzzle quest consists of three chapters whereas Puzzle quest 2 is a seperate game.
    The main difference is that in puzzle quest you move around top view over the world and in puzzle quest 2 you're walking around in a dungeon.
    Also gold and experience matching coins have been replaced with gauntlets wich provide weapon attacks in puzzle quest 2.
    Puzzle quest has 8 playable characters where pq2 has 4.
    Overall i enjoyed pq waaaaay more as pq2,due to its slow pace ,long loading times ,no mounts and so on.
    Especially now with retina display and overall better performance this makes it my nr.1 game again.
    So puzzle quest chapter 2 is NOT puzzle quest 2:)

9. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I was surprised to see Puzzle Quest on the first page of the forums so I figured something happened with it. I re-loaded it and I have to say the update is fantastic. This is what it should have been when it was originally released. Graphics are mostly clear, as stated earlier some things are still blurry but overall better.
    I quit playing this game for one major reason (back not long after it came out), moving from place to place on the map. You could tap the screen 5-10 times before you actually moved anywhere. Now it works perfectly. I have been playing for 15 minutes and haven't had a problem. Finally!

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I played and beaten the game, putting countless hours in it, when it first came out (and subsequent chapters after that).
    I remember beating it BEFORE the very first patch was out.
    Seeing the thread bumped up from the grave, I was curious so I reinstalled it.
    WOAH!!!!
    It's really fantastic!!!
    Now I'm tempted to delete it immediately before putting another 100 hours or more in it....it's still a favorite of mine.
    They're having a sale too, for everyone on the fence, it's really a great game.

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I didn't care for Puzzle Quest 2 for most of the same reasons that have already been mentioned in this thread. The first Puzzle Quest was far better in my opinion.

If you do buy it you might want to consider buying Puzzle Quest Chapter 1 which appears to be free at the moment then in the game you can purchase Chapters 2 and 3 if you really want them for $0.99 each for a total of $1.98 and taxes. If you buy Puzzle Quest Chapters 1 & 2 it cost $1.99 and then you have to pay $0.99 for Chapter 3 through IAP. ;)

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Add me to those that prefer PQ1 to PQ2. The citadel and mounts, as well as the ability to grind/not play such a linear style make it quite a bit more fun for me than the sequel. PQ2 just feels so darn linear and while the combat is still great there isn't nearly the character customization that the first one offered.

The first Puzzle Quest is one of the games I've put the most time into on any platform and darn near one of my favorite games of all time.

13. Padgamer

Padgamer Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    I am in the same camp. I finished PQ2 once, but finished PQ1 several times, and one several platforms (PSP, XBLA, iOS). 2 felt like a case of a developer working too hard to make something better which although it wasn't perfect, it didn't really need much fixing.

I also finisher galatrix, trying hard to forget that pain.

Make a REAL PQ3 someday please!

14. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Jesus Christ, I did the update for retina display (I have the free version with all chapters bought through IAP) and the update erased my saved game. I was already into chapter 3, that's hours and hours of progress lost. It's a fun game, but there's no way I'm going back to replay what I already went through. Pretty pissed.

I can't be the only person this happened to, anybody else?

15. krautboy

Apr 20, 2011
    I actually deleted it weeks ago and redownloaded it 2 days ago and found all my chars intact.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    How did you transfer the save?

17. krautboy

Apr 20, 2011
    i was quite suprised to see everything was still there.I have no idea ,it just did.
    Perhaps try the restore button in the store?

18. hanrandy39

hanrandy39 New Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #718 hanrandy39, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    Such a nice post.

19. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I tried this over a year ago, and was less than impressed with the crummy graphics. Now that they've updated it for Retina display it (mostly) looks great, and my interest in the title has been rekindled. A few questions:

I notice that there are IAP for Chapters - one, two and three. What exactly do you get with your chapters? Do they correspond to the original game/expansion packs in some way? I tried to hunt around for information, but wasn't able to find what exactly my 99 cents/chapter purchase was obtaining.

20. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    The chapters complete the game. At the moment you only have part of the game to play through.