iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Yeah, that was a disappointment. I was out of town when it went free and I thought it was free again :(

2. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    This is a good game and all, but's it actually too long. There isn't enough diversity within the gameplay to warrent the overall length of the game, thus leading eventually into repetitiveness, boredom, and a loss of desire to forge onward. There is 10-20 hours worth of legitimate gameplay here. Beyond that, the formula begins to drag.

The same thing can be said for GT: Motor Academy. It actually is possible for a game to be just too damn long.

Once I had achieved almost super status with my character in Puzzle Quest, which was somewhere near the end of the first chapter, believe it or not. I just got bored. My special attacks were so over-powered that most enemies didn't even stand a chance. And very early on, I got all the equipment I would ever need and I knew that I would never chance my character's setup from that point forward, no matter how long the game was. The game would never offer me better equipment. It was all those items that cause lines to explode every time you get a match-4. I equipped all of them, so every time I got a match-4 of any color, I would destroy a line. Then I got a bunch of abilities to switch colors into skulls. Then it was over. This game is not very well balanced.

3. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Just level up and buy new equipment to become stronger, there is no other way. Also there is a lot of luck involved so just keep on trying

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, I abstain from using the Storm giant items, because they essentially break the game since it becomes way too easy with all of them equipped.

Yep, the only time I find myself grinding in this game is towards the beginning, just so I can beat Dugog. I usually spend a lot of time sieging cities, and once I've got a few of them, I travel between them to get a bunch of gold, pump up my abilities as much as possible and take on Dugog. I think the first time I played the game he beat me about 8 times before I just went and did enough grinding to kill him.

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    yea ive lost to dugog about ten times....how do you siege a city?

6. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    too bad I missed it too

7. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    You gotta go and buy a certain thing in your stronghold or w.e./citadel to make it accessible to attack other cities. Then you just go to another city and click Attack/Siege (sorry for vagueness, i havent played it in a long time)

8. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, really, if one dies more than 2 times or so against the same enemy, there is usually more than luck involved. Spell selection, equipement and mount probably need to be looked into and upgraded/changed around for better effect.

Oh, and I loved the length of PQ, as well as nearly everything else about it. I was mostly capturing everything towards the end, but there were a few enemies that did provide some challenge too. Maybe it was because I was a playing a wizard, but the storm giants set wasn't the end-all and be-all of equipement for me.

9. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    To be fair, I haven't completed the game. I only found the storm giant equipment to be game-breaking to the end of chapter 2. I deleted the game after waiting about 6 months for an update after completing it, and I'm currently replaying it again...I already beat Chapters 1&2 three times now, but this will be the first time I'll have played it through to the end.

10. briansanderson

briansanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I hope this game gets updated for iOS 4.0 soon. I try to play it on my iPhone 4 but just has alot of problems.

11. donner

donner Well-Known Member

I would be very suprised to see another update to this game.

12. Teeohbee

Teeohbee Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Yeah it's a shame as I can't seem to get past the create a character screen.

On my iPhone 4, when naming my new character, the display box doesn't display correctly, and so there is no button to confirm your choice. So I can't advance past this point.

Unless I choose one of the default names I suppose, but then how long until I hit the next bug they haven't fixed.

Shame, I picked this up when it was free and was saving it to play on my iPhone 4, hoping the slow down and so on wouldn't be an issue on the new hardware.

13. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    It sucks that there are so many problems running it on iOS 4. I don't see myself updating my software at least until I complete the game or there's an update.

14. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Yeah, this game had a few bugs when OS3.0 came out, they did eventually fix it a bit later though. I think I emalied them about it but they never responded : /

15. Teeohbee

Teeohbee Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I emailed their support just now. Probably won't hear back.

Oh well, any news on Puzzle Quest 2 getting ported over?

Hopefully if it is they'll do a better job of it!

16. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
  17. Teeohbee

Teeohbee Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Ah excellent thanks. Hopefully it will be ported over by someone more competent.

18. suikodan

suikodan Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I started the game on iPhone4 and there are lots of graphic bugs. Can we expect an iOS4/iPhone4 patch?

It's funny because the game is also faster on i4. (everything moves faster, it's obvious that it's not optimized... :p)

19. briansanderson

briansanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Don't hold your breath. I have been waiting for an iOS4 patch for months now. Doubt it will ever happen though.

20. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I contacted the devs and received a very prompt response (less than 30 minutes) saying an update was being worked on and would be available very soon. :D