iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thank you, interesting strategy.

I was a Warrior, I do not remember the spell names exactely but I went for fire gems and used A LOT a spell that switched all red gems in skulls not losing your turn.

I easily defeated most of the enemies EXCEPT Baal, because he can gain an high spell resistance very soon.
    When I defeated him, I went for a 'you won't make any red gems' strategy so he couldn't resist my fire spells when I used those.

Was though nonetheless.

2. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Is there a way to disable the server-side saving of my character? Ever since I enabled it, I get some lag in the animations periodically. None of my other apps have this problem so my best guess is that it's slowing down my iPhone momentarily to update my save. I'm getting tired of it and I want to disable it but I don't see the options in the settings.

Any help?

3. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    after i bought chapter 1 and 2 for 4.99...as i started the game i found there is chapter 3....i bought it and now the store says chapter 3 is purchased ...well it didnt take time to download ch 3...as i clicked in a 10 seconds it changes into purchased....is it already downloaded...? how was it downloaded in 10 sec?
    or only after i finish ch 1 and 2 i can download ch 3????????????

4. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #624 jyhjyh, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    You have just unlocked ch 3, it has been inside the game all the time.

5. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Bought this game on a whim and am enjoying it alot. Any word or news if the iPhone store will get galactrix or the upcoming puzzle quest 2?? Heard that the developers weren't happy with the sales on the iPhone. Hope they changed there mind

6. Corbin

Corbin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Olympia, WA
    I think the devs said something about the iPhone being a viable option. So they're considering it, at least.

7. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, IIRC Galactrix wasn't a success for them, so they probably wouldn't bother porting it. As to Puzzle Quest, well, the port had many problems initially and was only slowly brought up to snuff. The final chapter became available only recently, for Pete's sake, more than a year after the first release!
    I hope that they take all this into account and realize that a port which is well-made from the start has good chances to succeed. Particularly if they talk about it a little instead of stealth-releasing it.

8. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    If we do get it, i doubt the same team who ported this one will do Galactrix. Also, I've heard most people weren't huge fans of Galactrix either way.

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I posted this in a thread of mine, but I think it will probably be ignored for the most part if I keep it exclusively in there:

Does anyone else have problems with touch screen navigation on Puzzle Quest? During the actual "battles", my touch screen does fine (probably since the gems and magic things are so big), but if I'm outside of that, especially trying to navigate to a certain area of the world map, it takes a lot of pecking around for me to find the sweet spot and register that I want to go to that certain place.

Does anyone else have that problem? For example, I tap on Syria. The map screen shakes a little bit as if I am trying to move the map screen around. I tap Syria again, the map screen goes back to the first position. I tap Syria again, and finally it registers that I want to go there. Then I try to click on "Retrieve Quests" (or whatever that option is), and it won't actually light up unless I hit it in a certain spot.

The best example I can give, and the the one that has been most frustrating, is in the level-up menu, where you can choose to add stats to your character for the cost of skill points. When I try to hit the '+' for any of these attributes, it takes a ton of pecking around that button to make it register. I can never get it on my first try.

So has anyone else had these problems? I'm playing the lite version that has just the first few missions, not even Chapter 1 unlocked. I'd really appreciate some input on this, if possible :\ I haven't seen anyone talk about touch screen problems with it, so I'm wondering if this is a problem that only I have. But I really hope I'm not the only person that has this problem :eek:

10. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I have some of the same issues. Just in the interest of full disclosure, I also have one of those mega thick screen protectors (its about $20 at Best Buy and other stores) since I always tend to scratch up things, so i can imagine that might hurt some of my touch screen capability. Either way, I have had some of the same issues, especially on the world map when I'm trying to go to locations to complete a quest. It does get me during matches sometimes, so I tend to lose a few points from errors.

11. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #631 Isilel, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
    The only problem I sort of had was with navigation - you have to tap on destination in a particular manner for it to work and it took getting used to it. Long nails didn't help either.

P.S. When I spoke about the next port, I meant PQ2. I agree that they won't bother with Galactrix. Maybe I'll buy Galactrix for PC, as it is very cheap and I'm pretty curious about the failed innovations in it.

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I actually have a screen protector as well. Do you think that is where the problem lies? I've been pondering taking the screen protector off for my 3GS's birthday, just to see if my touch screen works better without it. I've had several other touch screen glitches, especially in Dropship (where one of the control sticks anchors at the top of the screen, rather than where my finger is).

I was actually curious if, since the screen protectors use static electricity to stick to the screen, that static electricity can have any effect on touch screen commands. Is that possible, that the capacitive technology doesn't play so nice with the static electricity of the screen protector?

Oh I see. Well thank you for the reply :)

I've never heard of Galactrix. Is it pretty much a space-themed Puzzle Quest? :confused:

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Galactrix was supposed to be a space-themed PQ, but instead the dished out a space-themed piece of poop. I over exaggerate a bit but it was really a poor game compared to PQ.

14. Flowbee Haircut

Flowbee Haircut Active Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I sometimes have problems with the navigation and I don't have a screen protector at all. It's unfortunately a not very good port of an excellent game.

15. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Finished Puzzle Quest. What a great, great game! My first purchase from the AppStore and it lasted me, on and off, for a year. And I'll be probably returning to it from time to time with other character classes.

Anyway, when they port Puzzle Quest 2, they should include:

1. Mid-combat autro-save.
    2. Achievements
    3. Explanations of what effects like "Blind" or "Terror" mean and mana costs of spells that can be learned from captives.

I also really hope that this:

http://www.capybaragames.com/might-magic-clash-of-heroes/

makes it's way to the iphone. It looks like a match made in heaven ;) and porting the DS original can't be that hard, right? Right?

16. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Puzzle Quest, Chapters 1 and 2 are now FREE as part of FreeAppADay.com.

17. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Grr, I was just changing the title :p

But yep, it's free for this weekend!

Chapter 3 is only 1.99 so you can get the whole game for 2 dollars :)

18. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    THANKS man! :D

19. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Wow... That's probably the best free app yet!

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Hmm, doesn't play to nice on iOS 4 :/

Can't edit the hero name cause the game is in landscape but the keyboard shows up in portrait so it covers the submit button.

Music suddenly starts and stops as well.

I don't know if they'll be going back to update the game but it needs some minor retooling