iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    Hey now, aghatastudios has never been anything but nice on the forums. Sure they're a developer, but puzzle quest isn't really direct competition for an adventure game so voicing opinions isn't really unprofessional. Plus, a lot of people are saying the same sorts of things so a lecture is not in order.

2. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    I agree with these statements completely. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions. Just because he happens to be a developer does not mean that he is not allowed to say what he thinks. He is also a fellow consumer.

3. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Three words. This Game Rocks![​IMG]

4. idespair

idespair Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    From the description in the AppStore, and based on having played the original extensively, it looks like Chapter 1 is the first two chapters of the DS game (there are four in total). I'm hoping this means that Chapter 2 will be parts 3 and 4 of the DS version, and that Chapter 3 might be the expansion which was released on the 360.

Definitely worth the money - though I like Samurai Puzzle Battle, I can't help but feel that it lacks something when compared to Puzzle Quest.

5. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    #45 idrisguitar, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    jmelrose i see your point but he wasn't exactly offensive about the developer. he just said it was a very easy job, which was not done very well. and he is allowed to say his opinion. especially as it gives other users of the forum an insight behind the scenes of the whole proccess.

plus you then just went on and insulted his game which very much lowered the tone and relevance of your post.

6. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    Considering I complimented the game (1112), said it looked great, was a labor of love, and obviously I BOUGHT it, I'm going to respond by pointing out some of the prior posts in this thread who have pointed out one's freedom to voice opinions about games here on the forums, and that if I REALLY had an issue with 1112 I would have posted about it here a while back... I started a discussion of 1112's review on IGN because it seemed unfair and overly critical .

I could say more but I just can't get too excited about this. I think it was a poor decision for a fellow dev to make towards other devs, others clearly disagree. Fair enough.

7. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    I think i'm going to stick to my psp version (even if it does have bugs in it) versus paying a port for a game I already have on my iphone in separate parts. I don't really play that many games while outside of home anyways and when I do, already have 9 pages of other ones I can already play. I was really looking forward to purchasing a top notch bug free version of PQ on my iphone too, oh well

8. kktp

kktp Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    May be it's going to be less than $29.99 for three parts. This is from game description

"The trilogy includes the game content from the Revenge of the Plague Lord expansion pack and each chapter offers you the unique ability to store characters, spells and high scores. This will allow you to carry your characters forward to Chapters 2 and 3, coming soon to the App Store with a downward pricing model, offering a unique gaming experience."

9. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    fair enough.
    i didn't mean to start an arguement.

anyway to get back to the topic

after much deliberation with this game i decided to opt for samurai puzzle instead.

simply because $30 for a full game is not right.

toy bot diaries comes to $12 in total. i cant justify a three part game at 9.99 per part. not yet anyway. maybe when the store moves on and $20 games are the norm. but no way jose right now :)

10. snowy2004

snowy2004 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #50 snowy2004, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    I think the bit about the expansion is new too. This has re-comforted me. I'll probably be getting PQ soon.

11. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I *was* going to buy Puzzle Quest. I was way excited for the game to be released, but seeing all these bad reviews and problems with it, I doubt I will. The #1 thing that I'm mad about is that it'll cost $30 for the full game (I think, unless they make the next two cheaper).

Puzzle Quest is such a big disappointment for me right now. I wanted it so badly and now there's probably no way I'll be getting this. :p

:(

Maybe if they fix everything, I might consider. But for now, I don't think I'll be getting it.

12. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yeah im not buying anything which is Chapter 1.. This includes 1112 and Soultrapper, they are just money burners and I would rather variety

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    If the half the price for the next two chapters, fine. even I consider one icon for one game -- I am fine with that too.

But may be I am spoiled by the PC version I consider this "port" is even subpar when compared with the PSP version. I dunno if the developer is rushing this for the season, which I think that is not really a smart move. And when the apps market is flooded with match-3 titles, I don't see this has much edge in this regard.

14. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Zomg!!!!1111

I bought it today and its awesome! :)
    Easily one of the best games on the iPhone.
    Samurai Puzzle Battle, you have served me well, but this game is just so much better. Better graphics, story, gameplay and polishing, all in all this is a great port.

Also I have no problem with the text whatsoever, I really don't know why everybody is complaining?

15. toiletbob

toiletbob Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Okay I bought it. I'm a sucker for this game.

I had this on my DS and while it looked a tad bit sharper, it's framerate was low and the sound was buggy. Even with those issues I still loved the game.

And now I have the Iphone version, which has it's issues, but they do not ruin the experience. The text is fuzzy, but entirely readable, though you may be squinting once or twice in particular areas. The framerate is better that the DS version so that didn't bother me at all. Everything else seems to work as expected.

This was a rush job, but the game is still there and it is still good. I'm dissappointed in the overall lack of polish because this is a game that could thrive on this platform but I am happy to have a version that sits comfortably on my phone that I can still play and enjoy.

16. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Man, this game just keeps getting better, I just captured a giant spider to use as a mount. :eek: Awesome stuff. :cool:
    I chose the warlock btw, his description sounded kinda cool.

17. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Do you have any idea how much the remaining two Puzzle Quest games will cost? I'm afraid that all three will end up costing me $30 but it's possible the last two are cheaper than this one. (I think I could get the game for another platform but cheaper.)

18. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Sorry, I have no idea but even if its $30 I think its worth it.
    This game is just great. :)

19. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Ok, thanks. I may just get this one and if I like it enough, I'll buy the other episodes or whatever you call them. I just wish they would've lowered it down $2 for the first couple days like most $10 games.

Mostly I'm just worried that I won't like it since it is just like Bejeweled. I have that game and I play it once in a while, but it wasn't worth the $8 that I spent on it.

20. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Do you have Samurai Puzzle Battle? They're kinda similar but Puzzle Quest is just 10 times better.

It's also different from Bejeweled, I mean you travel around a world map and solve quests, you have mounts, equipment, spells and skills and the gems you match have different effects.